1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you vote for, for President of the USA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alli o, Nov 15, 2015.

?

President of the USA

Poll closed Nov 14, 2016.
  1. Hillary Clinton

22 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Bernie Sanders

52 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. Martin O'Malley

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Jeb Bush

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Ben Carson

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Chris Christie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ted Cruz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Carley Fiorina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jim Gillmore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Lindsey Graham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Mike Huckabee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Bobby Jindal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. John Kasich

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  14. George Pataki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Rand Paul

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  16. Marco Rubio

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  17. Rick Santorum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Donald Trump

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  19. Not Gonna Vote

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  20. Other (list below)

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Holy shit I was just listening to this

[YOUTUBE]whFBCIzwxp8[/YOUTUBE]

:roflmao:

2. alli o

alli o Guest

this is great

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's the best response to the folks who call Hillary Clinton "un-trustworthy:"

[youtube]TX8AAUOGKSg[/youtube]

4. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Bernie Sanders could actually perform better than Clinton in a general election. A lot of traditionally conservative voters would willingly switch aisles for him, precisely because he's pragmatic on guns, and he speaks his mind rather than carefully crafted party line talking points. They like that stuff. The democrats have bled support from the blue collar white vote for the past 40 years and nothing they've tried has brought them back. Bernie speaks to those people the same way Trump speaks to them, the only difference is Bernie's populism isn't batshit insane.

He polls better than Hillary against Donald Trump, for instance. So to everyone saying they'll vote for Clinton to give better chances to win the general... but who like Sanders's views more, if it looks like Trump is going to win... what's your excuse?

#64 Spatula, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Plattyrex

I just want to say I'm very surprised with how civil people are being here. Nobody bursting out into flame wars or anything, it's really refreshing. The most anyone's really getting is fairly passive anger. I don't know if it's because the overwhelming majority of people on here are liberals or if the community is actually just civilized enough to talk politics without wanting to murder each other but either way it's very nice.

6. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Having many experiences on forums, this one is by far the most mature and peaceful one I've ever been on. Maybe because most of the forums I used to be on were full of edgy, sexually frustrated teenagers.

7. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It would be cool to see a female President tbh.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clinton is far too establishment and would perpetuate the corrupt system we have now. Bernie would be my only choice for Democrats, and although it's tough to pick a Republican because I dislike all of them, Rubio or Paul would be my choices should Hillary get the Dem nomination.

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really surprised that there are even five votes for Trump on a LGBT forum.

That's like a chicken voting for more KFC's.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It will frankly depend on who is on the ballot come November, 2016. Most of those people listed above will be long gone by that point.

That said...I anticipate voting for the candidate who wins the Democrat's nomination. There's no way I'd vote for any of the Republicans running for the Republican nomination. I will not forget which party has had a lot of LGBT haters in recent years. I will not forget which party seems to only care about the rich, big business, and Christian fundamentalists.

Beyond that, it is beyond appalling some of the candidates for the Republican nominee who are running and even leading in polls.

Indeed, more than once, the Republicans have made me think of Gracie Allen, a radio/early TV comedian. Her act was one of a really, really dimwitted woman. One year, as publicity stunt, she ran for President. Frankly, Gracie Allen--the radio/TV show character--appears today to be more Presidential than a number of the current Republican candidates.

11. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's an apt way of putting it. But I dislike both of the parties that control the discourse, the airwaves, the policies, and the people of the US. Neither party would even think about stopping the American military from despoiling the world's oil, nor would they attempt to help third world countries.

As far as I'm concerned, aligning myself with the Democrats is also like a chicken voting for more kfcs, because First World countries brutalize people the same way KFC brutalizes animals. The problem isn't the republicans or the democrats, the problem is the deceptive, evil system that's existed for hundreds of years.

The truth is, they'll both promise to fulfill promies, but once politicians get elected their focus is on pushing forward the goals of the corporations who financed their campaigns; this is why Hillary Clinton, a hawkish imperialist, was fawned by CNN, meanwhile Bernie Sanders, the only true leftist in the Democrat party, has been given the cold shoulder.

#71 AtheistWorld, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Office of U.S. Foreign Assistance Resources

Both the Republicans and Democrats have historically supported foreign aid to developing countries while in office.

While a lot of that does come in the form of military assistance and finding that objectionable is quite reasonable, it's just not true that the two governing parties do not help developing countries.

13. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    The foreign aid helps the USA much more than third world countries.

14. photoguy93

Definitely Hillary. :slight_smile:

It's not that I don't like Bernie - I actually think he'd be great, but it's not how the political system works here. We don't vote on pure ability. I don't trust young people to get out and vote and I don't think the rest of America will accept Bernie as much as her. I'm just doing my part to prevent Trump from getting anywhere near the presidency.

15. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always enjoy following the build up to the election, and some of the debates can be quite entertaining as well. In saying that, I can't actually vote for the President (not a citizen of the USA), which kind of makes my life easier because I would have been quite a difficult decision to make... For the sake of the World, I hope the best candidate wins.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, I've found the decision extremely easy in recent years, and I anticipate that will be the case in 2016. As I'm concerned, currently the worst Democrat would probably make a better President than the best Republican.

That said... The tough decision this time might be in primary season, when the decision of Sanders vs Clinton will get made. I can't remember past elections well enough, but Washington is usually so late in the season our influence may not matter. Plus I've not been wowed by any candidate in recent elections

This time, however, I really do like Bernie Sanders, and he is doing well in polls. But I do struggle with the question of whether he's electable in November. I do struggle with the question of whether Clinton might not be better equipped to deal with Republicans.

And this time, it's possible that by the time Washington caucuses are held, it may still be early/undecided enough that we may influence the choice of nomination.

We'll see, I guess. I don't have to make any decision until 2016, and we'll see what is what then.

17. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't really know what exactly Joe Biden would have stood for, as far as his policies, but it would have been really interesting to see how the whole dynamics of the primaries would have changed. I don't think that Bernie Sanders will manage to beat Hillary Clinton to it, but hey, what do I know...

18. alli o

alli o Guest

argeed

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2015 at 10:24 PM ----------

#78 alli o, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why you still can't trust Hillary......

When asked about big donors, she talks about 9/11. Sounds like Guiliani in '08.

[YOUTUBE]y8UkcM5Cp-0[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2015 at 04:13 AM ----------

Not exactly. Despite his many flaws, Trump is actually decent regarding LGBT issues.

20. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

5 people here(so far) wants to vote for Donal Trump?? If he gets elected, I won't be moving to US, ever.