1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you look up to? Who's your inspiration?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elliiexriley, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who do you look up to? Who's your inspiration?

The person I look up to is Dian Fossey. You may know her from the movie Gorillas in the Mist. She studied groups of mountain gorilla and had a really close relationship with them.
    She also fought against poaching, but sadly that fight took her life, as she was killed by poachers. Her story really touches me and I hope that someday I can make a change for animals like she did.

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

<--- this idiot

3. Yosia

Who do I look up to? Tough question...

I take influences from various people both close to me and/or people I don't know, even fictional characters sometimes. I also try to inspire myself and it does work a lot of the time. But my main inspirations come from 'real' people who have various life experiences, compared to celebrities who have always had an easy way of life. (I'm looking at you, Kardashians.)

I really couldn't name one specific source of inspiration for myself though.

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

She was amazing, though I feel obliged to point out how she did harass local groups and allegedly burn down a village near the end of her life, undermining the Trimate legacy and her own extremely valuable work.

For me, David Attenborough and my area's local Curator of Archaeology, who both have so much information to share and who taught me to look at the natural world, past and present, with awe and wonder.

5. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quentin Tarantino, Karl Lagerfeld, and :***:. :wink:

6. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    markiplier, no doubt. he's incredibly funny, caring, and understanding. he's harsh w the fan base when it's needed, and that's a good thing.

7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure that "look up to" is the term I'd use (that phrase just implies hero-worship to me) but I'd have to say for me, the first person that comes to mind (and he'll be an unfamiliar name to probably everyone on these forums) is Neven Subotic. One of our best defenders, he blew his knee out in 2013, and he worked his ass off for almost a year to get back on the field. If something seems too tough for me to handle, I just think that if he could get through that, I can power through whatever's in my way.

#7 ThatBorussenGuy, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me, in ten years.

9. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a variety of influences and inspirations, from people around me and from those who are more famous and in the spotlight, from fictional characters and more. I won't list out a comprehensive organized list of names, but amongst them are some of my close friends, and also musicians, actors, artists, and writers- and course, there are the characters that some of these people portray and have created.

I look up to their passion and ambition, their overcoming of their own struggles, their kindness, intelligence, courage, and hardwork. Seems rather vague and generic now that I say it, but I've often found that I've drawn inspiration from, and rather admire, many people in all callings of life. Course I don't look up to every single person I ever meet or know, but in many people, I can find something about them I respect.

10. PerditionRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm about 5'2, so I look up to pretty much everyone.

That being said, I don't have any specific role models. There are people who I know are good people but inspire? Eh.

11. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly? Captain America

12. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I look up to many people, but the most notable would be my favorite Youtuber, Cryaotic, who cheers me up with his videos when I'm down, my father, and a number of famous scientists and talented painters. :slight_smile: