1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel younger/older than you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blueberrykisses, Oct 28, 2015.

1. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was younger, I always felt a lot older and more mature than people my age and I guess I really was. This was up until I was about 18 and then I started feeling the opposite. I am 21 but I don't feel like I have 'matured' a lot since I was about 17-18. I don't feel like an adult AT ALL, yet somehow when I look at 15-16 year olds now, they look like babies to me. Like, I couldn't be friends with 15-16 year olds because I have grown out of and went through a lot of their interests/changes you go through at that age and now when I look at teenage problems, it all seems so silly. I cannot even enjoy TV shows about teenagers anymore because I just can't relate anymore.

However, I am soon to be 22 and I just don't feel my age at all, like I actually find it disturbing. I have age dysphoria. :confused:

Does anyone else not feel like their age?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Mentally, I feel older.

Emotionally, I feel younger.

Spiritually, I feel kind of ageless.

3. Yosia

Honestly, while I do like to let my childish side out, my usual way of acting is way more 'older' than I am. I do wonder why this is, maybe it is because I have learned independence from a young age? Maybe it's because I have had to stand up against people before, and even stand up for people too, all before I am even 18. I think these examples have played a large role in my maturity.

Basically, I feel quite a bit older than I am. While I do have a childish side, I believe everyone does.

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like I act a lot older than I am, but I've always been like that. Ol' stick-in-the-mud.

But I still look illegal, apparently. I got asked if I was over the age of 18 when I was buying a rated M video game. >_>

#4 Steve FS, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. rudysteiner

I feel older than I actually am when I'm in college because I'm a year older than 90% of the people in my classes.

They're all turning 17 and I'm 18 two weeks after Christmas. Starting next September I'll be two years older than the people in 3/4 of my classes.

#5 rudysteiner, Oct 28, 2015
  6. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I don't know, honestly. I don't pay that much attention to how "old" I act. Well, imagine a gay fourteen year old boy in a girl's body. I'm probably a lil' booger.

7. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel way younger and older at the same time. Emotionally I feel stuck at 10, which is when I died on the inside. Then I feel ancient because I've carried on so long since then.

The way other people see me is similarly conflicted. Recently I've been mistaken for being 12, and other time under 17. Before starting my transition a year ago I was regularly assumed to be in my early to mid twenties, and I've always been told I act at least a decade older than I am.

8. DinelodiiGitli

I feel about my age, look younger and act older.

Such a mix.

9. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. I feel like, compared to most people my age, I have a higher capacity for thinking in-depth, and considering the world as a whole around me. I feel like I can see the good and bad in everything, and my decision making is pretty good. I talk better casually with adults, with the exception of one friend and my girlfriend, who're around the same age. I feel in that aspect, I'm a few years ahead.

Emotionally, sometimes I'm a philosopher, and sometimes I'm a mess. At times I can act like a child, and sometimes like an adult.

Intelligence, I think I'm a few years ahead again.

I'm childish too, but that's different than being immature. Childish, as in- I enjoy cute things, have a stuffed animal collection, get excited, enjoy bouncy houses? Things like that are childish, but to me immaturity is not being able to understand the world well, being selfish, things like that.

Physically, I look anywhere from 11-14. I'm petite and flat- everything

#9 loveislove01, Oct 28, 2015
  10. littleraven

I feel like a child, but at the same time, when I see people who are younger than me, I feel like they're babies. I'm 5ft tall so people tend to mistake me for a preteen. XD

Honestly, I like that I look like a child. I don't know why.

My mind is an interesting place. At times, it's really childish or immature.. At other times it's insightful and intelligent.

11. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm much older than thirteen. It's weird how big the difference is between thirteen year olds that are portrayed in the media and how they actually are in life. I'm friends with some people who can be really really really mature. (we don't always act older, but we're capable of acting like much much beyond our years)

#11 galaxygia, Oct 28, 2015
  12. Xochipilli

Definitely younger, which is bad! :lol:

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely! I have felt like I'm in my late 20's for ages now! While that is an overall positive, I'd have to say that when you're pushing 50, you do have to watch extra closely to make sure you aren't making yourself look/sound ridiculous. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Plattyrex

I know everyone my age would probably say the same, but I do feel that I'm legitimately mature for my age. I don't really succumb to peer pressure, I never get in trouble at school, I don't dispute my parents advice, and probably some other stuff that I can't think of right now. I'm still easily scared and I cry a lot, but at this point I've come to realize that that probably won't change. Maybe it's just me being young and stupid though. I suppose I may have no idea what I'm talking about.

15. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm much older than I am for several reasons. Our family has endured many hardships, and being the oldest kid has made me have to grow up faster and take care of the younger ones. My sexuality and gender has also matured me a great deal, and I like following politics, news, and social issues, which seems to be atypical in kids my age. I'm in several advanced level classes as well.

But hey, doesn't every teen think they're older then they are? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Actually, my mom did tell me she thought I acted akin to an 18-20 year old, minus the risk taking stuff. That sounds about right haha, but I know I still have a lot to learn.

16. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually feel older than I am, but I've been told I look 10 e-e

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At times, I feel like a teenager and at other times I feel older. But for the most part, I feel indifferent about my age

18. ChicoFranco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel so much younger. Which for me i think is good. most of my friends are younger than me: upto 15 years of age. I just turned 23 and i dont see any problem with it. Most people even mistake me for a 16 year old. I do look youger than all of my agemates. I enjoy spending time with kids too. Around people my age I feel so awkward sometimes. Do you guys think I have age dysphoria?

19. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Physically, I feel older. I have wicked arthritis in my hips and knees, so I feel like a damn old person when it's cold.

Mentally, I feel younger most of the time. I can act very immaturely.

20. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely feel younger than my age. I find it hard to imagine I'm almost into my 40's cause on the inside and in my head, I still feel I should be 20-something. I'd like to think I'm wiser some, but my spirit still feels young at least.

#20 angeluscrzy, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015