1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a game from your childhood you still haven’t beaten?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lone Dragon, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Ryu

Ryu

I love that game! But I finished it. Ha. My main character was omega and the other echinichadana thing.

2. L0ser

sly cooper, I forget which one(the one with 5 big bosses I think) and I made it to the final one but never actually beat. My little sibling has found the game and I wish I still had a PS2 so I could play it again

3. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^I don't know if I ever beat Sly Cooper 2. Plus it doesn't helped that I broke the game.:shrug: That one was really hard for me. The first and third were pretty easy in my opinion. Never played the newer ones.

Shade the Echidna haha. Yeah that game wasn't that bad. I could never beat sonic the hedgehog 2 on sega genesis. Sonic games were hard back in the day. Most of the new ones are pretty simplistic these days, except sonic free riders. Ugh Racing games...:tantrum:

4. Ryu

Ryu

I posted in another thread recently that when I was 11 or 12 I chickened out of playing resident evil: revelations demo... I just re downloaded and did it really quickly...

5. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Enchanted Arms - one of the first games I bought for the 360 so I've had it going on ten years I think. Furthest I've gotten is halfway through and the only thing I can remember about it is the cliched camp guy.

Add Star Ocean: TLH and The Last Remnant to that too. I do want to actually play through Star Ocean though.

6. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I never beat Call of Duty and not even any single one of them because my brother always hogged the xbox.But I plant I try to change that but the campaign is spoiled now because I was in the same room:frowning2:Ah well I can't be moaning about it I got to move on to something more important than video games

7. leslionel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness on PS2 ;-;

8. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Super Mario 64. I'd got all the way to the end and then suddenly my save had vanished.

... :frowning2:

9. mituaski

mituaski Guest

^^Classic cartridge woes, that happened to me more than a number of times :frowning2:

I'm not one who gives up easily when it comes to videogames, but I'll confess I've never finished Superman 64. I actually don't know anyone who has. In retrospect, it really wasn't the best designed game out there but at 8 years old, I couldn't really tell the difference.

That first level...

10. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    FFIX. I intended to. I've started the damn thing multiple times. I've just never had the time to finish it.

11. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. I was so bad at that game and just never gained the insentive to beat it. I may revisit it one day though.

Also Super Mario 64 DS, that I still own, the cartrige just doesn't work anymore because I took such bad care of it as a kid.

12. Thedistra

I'm sure there are many considering most of my games were rented from ages 6-11. It took me many years to finish Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of Earth on the Xbox. Because it scared the crap out of me. The scene in the hotel took forever to figure out. After that though it wasn't nearly as bad, it was just getting past there. Good game by the way.

I never beat Dino Crisis, got near the end and never went back to it. Resident Evil 2 I believe it was (the one with two discs, you got to play as jill or some other guy depending on the disc), I went past something I needed and couldn't get back. I was unwilling to restart and our guy's disc didn't work.

Never could finish the last boss in Beyond Good and Evil either. Shame that. I should pick it up for the pc someday.

Those three come to mind at the moment, there was probably some others. I don't remember the super Nintendo games very well.

#32 Thedistra, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  13. Abbra

All of my Final Fantasy games either got stolen, broken, or sold without my permission. I have played six Final Fantasy titles and I've made it to the end of Four Heroes of Light and none of the others. The rest disappeared before I could even get 25% through the game.

14. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice, I love the Star Ocean games, but have only played Star Ocean: First Departure, and Star Ocean 2: The Second Story. Can't say I've heard of the Last Remnant though.

I never beat Castlevania on the SNES despite playing it for hours. I always had a hard time getting through the final boss and came close, very close, a few times but couldn't win.

Similarly, I could never beat Captain America and the Avengers, albeit for different reasons. The reason I couldn't beat that game is because everyone I played with sucked and couldn't match my skills, and that's an extremely tough game to play by yourself. But I did manage to make it on my own to one of the last stages.

My favorite game on this list is Zombies Ate My Neighbors, a game that I couldn't beat, despite making it to the last boss a few times. I hated losing because I would have to start all over if I wanted to have the proper power-ups to deal with him in the end, but there was also the choice to use the password that takes you to the last levels, but it wasn't wise to do that since the final boss takes a lot of damage to kill, and you wouldn't have enough weapons to defeat him if you did that.

15. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Man, I am so bad at finishing games. I have not beaten a single Zelda game, despite Majora's Mask being one of my favorite games. I can probably count the number of games I have actually finished on two hands.

16. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    far too many i am not the best at finishing games, i am still to finish a GTA game....

17. killswitch0029

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening. Even though I've been a gamer the majority of my life the series is one I'm just not good at. The only one I've beaten is oracle of seasons and it took me 9 years just to pull that off :icon_sad:

18. guitar

Final Fantasy X. I've started it 3x on 3 separate platforms and have yet to finish it. I've gotten close before my memory card died on PS2 last year. :frowning2:

19. mituaski

mituaski Guest

That's terrible!

Aw I have fond memories of that game. Have you played Ages?

20. Moogle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Battetoads is my nemesis Justin. The jetbike level is the most difficult part in a game I've ever come accross.

If its any consolation Kira, Ive just started Final Fantasy Advance. If I manage to finish it, I'll gladly tell you the ending. :slight_smile: