1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When a female hits a male...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People seem to think female on male assault doesn't exist... A man needs to show a woman who is boss right? She couldn't have possibly physically assaulted him or anything, right?

Unfortunately gender roles and expectations have also been detrimental to men in many regards too.

If a woman is smashing a man with a dangerous object or deadly weapon they have every right to defend themselves.

Women are just as vicious and violent as men.

Don't forget that.

---------- Post added 9th Oct 2015 at 09:27 AM ----------

Men get bruises too...

2. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Run. Like in any situation like this. If you can, run for it. It's the best self defence. If she graps you just try to get out and run. It doesn't matter if she is stronger than you or not. Just run. Leave.

3. kem

kem

I don't think a man hitting a woman is worse than vice-versa, but I don't think physical retaliation would be the right way to go. I disapprove of causing physical harm, unless it's absolutely necessary for one's own survival.

4. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I had a co-worker at my previous job that always loved to brag about how she always beat her husband. Made me cringe a little every time.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom once told me that when my dad had come to drop off a child support check, he was beat up really bad, had a black eye and bruises. Apparently the woman he was renting from went snakey for no reason. He just let her because he's well over 6 feet and if he had fought back then he would've been in trouble.

#25 XenaxGabby, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely hate the "women can hit men but not the other way around" double standard, and the "women are physically weaker" excuse for it.

Here's what I do: I never put myself in a situation where somebody (male or female) would feel the urge to hit me. It's been very successful so far. If a female did hit me in anger, I'd give her a dirty look and walk away. I'd probably do the same to a guy, too. People suggest pepper spray, but that should only be used if you are truly being attacked and beaten.

7. AKTodd

Been in this situation.

My first semester in college, a bunch of the guys on my dorm wing used to all hang out and study together, including the Resident Assistant of our wing. Most of them knew each other from the previous year (at least) and myself and a couple other guys were freshman.

The RA's girlfriend was rather large both in height and build terms and could cuss like a sailor when she wanted to. But if a guy said anything she found offensive in her presence (not directed at her, just in her hearing - and including words she herself would regularly use - basically there was no consistency in her behavior), she would haul off and slap him, usually on the arm, always hard enough to hurt, and sometimes hard enough to leave a red imprint of her hand at the point of impact for minutes afterward.

Several times I saw these guys get majorly whacked, hard enough it really hurt, and then just sit there and seeth because 'you can't hit a girl'. My response, watching this, was - uh huh - no.

One night the group was in the study lounge and I walked in to ask something or join in the conversation or somesuch and said something the girlfriend didn't like - so she slapped me on the arm - not as hard as I'd seen her do with others, but kind of a of 'Hey you! New guy. First warning.'

Without missing a beat, I immediately slapped her back on the arm, with an amount of force equal to what she had used on me. Her eyes got huge and she raised her hand back like she was really going to slap me hard. I immediately locked eyes with her and cocked my fist back (she was sitting, I was standing) such that if I punched her I would likely have broken her nose and removed several teeth (which I was perfectly prepared to do). She dropped her hand and abruptly remembered she had other things to do. This is front of her RA boyfriend, several of the guys she had made a habit of hitting, and another woman in the group. And the conversation moved on.

Later, that other woman (who became my best friend and had been the roommate of and one time friend of this person although they had drifted apart by that point) told me that the girlfriend was furious that I had done this, but that she (my best friend) thought it was totally hilarious and she deserved what happened to her. And from that point forward the whole slapping the guys in the group thing went away - or at least reduced significantly.

See, I was raised by a woman, and women pretty much run things in my family. Where I come from women routinely hunt, fish, work on cars and snowmobiles, and skin, butcher, and pack out what they've killed while hunting. And my mom has very firm views on the issue of someone attempting violence against me, which boils down to 'if someone hits you, you hit them back (or do whatever else is necessary to put an end to it). Doesn't matter what they have between their legs.'

I see women as totally equal to men. But that means in all ways and the whole 'but I'm a girl!' nonsense is total BS as far as I'm concerned. Attempt physical violence against me, and the fact that you may be physically smaller and weaker than I am just means that you've probably made a really stupid mistake. That your smaller stature and muscle strength stems from your gender is infinitely irrelevant. A fair number of guys are smaller and weaker than I am too. If they are so foolish as to attempt violence against me, they'll suffer the consequences as well. I see no reason that one's reproductive equipment should have any bearing on the matter.

Todd

8. Simple Thoughts

I agree.

I don't know what the best way to handle these situations is. I don't think fighting fire with fire is the best soultion, but this is an issue that largely gets swept under the rug.

I wish more people would realize that this happens a lot and guys aren't given any real options when they are attacked by a woman, and at the same time because they can't retaliate they're considered weak but if they do reataliate they are a monster. There is no win in that situation for men they just have to take it.

9. Lipstick Leuger

Depends where you live. In my city, which is a larger one, the Cops arrest BOTH parties and but BOTH in jail and BOTH get charged with assault. I only know this because my brother is a Lt. on the force, and has worked in it for 22 years. Of course if there are witnesses then that changes things. I had a friend who fell into the later category. His girlfriend hit him and bit him and when the cops came he had her restrained. She claimed that he hit her so she had to bite him. Off they both went, and the witnesses told the Judge what really happened the next day in court, so he got a restraining order and she got jail time.

10. guitar

Hitting and assault is never okay, regardless of gender. If we're talking about a playful hit, that's one thing. If it's abuse/assault, that is TOTALLY not okay. It's very much the same argument saying men cannot be raped by women. It's complete bullshit. One of my best friends was in an abusive straight relationship. Do you think he could go to the police for help the way his girlfriend could if the roles were reversed? I mean, he *could* but imagine the shame involved? How would others view you? It's an absolute no-win situation.

11. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    RKO, then 619, then finish her with choke slam, then pin her.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember getting into an argument with this girl when I was about 14 or 15 - it got pretty heated and she ended up smacking me across the face - so in retaliation I retaliation I punched her in the nose. Felt pretty good at the time. It wasn't so hard that her nose broke but enough to send her down.

#32 imnotreallysure, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I've been attacked and attacked a stupid 12 year old boy when I was like 10.. I ended up pushing him through a fence.. Literally. So if we balance out the fact that a girl as a 10 year old was able to beat down a boy 2 years older then her then I say let the fights be equal. Hit back regardless of gender! I think painting women as weak vulnerable creatures is an understatement. I've been in a full on physical fight with a male before and I welcome it to happen again only on equal terms where the guy sticks up for himself. If he doesn't where's the fun in the angry human-animal fight that happens between people in battle?! It takes 2 to tango! Let there be war regardless of gender! mwahahaha! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't fight back - you're sexist! So do fight back, treat women as equals =)

15. BroHam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I believe that If a girl hits a guy the guy shouldn't hit her back.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll keep this very simple.

If you are stupid enough to swing at me, I am going to fuck your world up. Male, female, ghost, werewolf, anything.

#36 Kaiser, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  17. ScatteredEarth

I think she needs an "attitude adjustment" xD

No but in all seriousness, I would hit back, but only if it was serious enough. I mean, sure I've play-hit women before, mostly family and stuff, but if an actual woman came up to me, and attacked me, you're damn right I'm gonna fight back, granted it might be more of a grapple type thing as I tend to not throw punches regardless of gender, but just the notion that women get a 1-up on men like that is absurd. And women fighting for equal rights always seem to use this as an excuse, which contradicts their point.

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2015 at 01:50 PM ----------

idk about ghosts.. They are kinda hard to hit. Plus, by the time you get all the proper equipment and do all the rituals to be able to hit them, I'd hope the rage would've subsided by then.

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok I don't give a shit what's in your pants. You hit someone you can definetly be charged with assault. So all I'm saying is defend yourself but don't kick her ass because then you'll probably be easily charged even if you do turn the story around on her.

19. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are we talking about here? Is this a one-off random punch at a nightclub? Or, part of an ongoing abusive relationship? My understanding is that in general you can only answer the threat with enough force to maintain your safety. If a woman punched a man and he laid her out it could be seen as he wasn't really defending himself but intending to severely hurt her as revenge for hitting him.

20. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't care what gender you are if you hit me I will make sure I really hurt you.