1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of homophobia! >:(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gamergirl99, Oct 1, 2015.

1. gamergirl99

So, I just watched Obama's speech about gay marriage and another video about it as well and I just read the comments and there was a lot of homophobia comments, especially Christians.. ugh...

First of all... I do respect people's religions and I don't want to hurt anyone religious. I do believe in God, but I'm not just some Christian who's overly obsessed with God and always following each step on how to live their life. Again, I'm not trying to hurt or offend anyone. I'm just saying... are you serious?!

Why follow every EXACT step that God tells you to do? He loves everyone, no matter who they are. We are all humans, no different than eachother. We have the freedom to live our lives. I'm sick and tired of people who are still and constantly bullying people and always going against the LGBT community. Gay people are not going to hell. It's not a sin! Again, I respect your beliefs but this is my opinion.

Before I knew I was gay, I was confused. I didn't know a single thing about the gay community and I thought it was weird. And I regret thinking that it was strange. Now, I know a lot about it and I feel more open-minded and more knowledgeable.

Thinking that being gay is weird is usually a learned trait, let's say, from your parents. Or the lack of knowledge about the gay community. I know it's not usually something we learn in school about but it's something that we learn about ourselves.

I just hope someday... that homophobia will be gone. But, I don't think they will. I hope someday, the world can be accepting and we will live without fear.

What do you think?

As always... love wins and God does love us all. (*hug*)

#1 gamergirl99, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Extremely well said. It sucks. As a non-binary trans I have experienced transphobia as well- neither homophobes or transphobes are any fun.

I also love your avatar. It kept me entertained for a good minute

3. gamergirl99

Thank you.. And oh god... I'm so sorry.. Those who bullied or offended you deserves to go to hell. I have a trans friend and I accept him fully! Same goes for you. :slight_smile:

And yeah, neither are any fun. It's a sad world we live in.. :icon_sad:

And hehe, glad you liked it! :icon_wink

#3 gamergirl99, Oct 1, 2015
  4. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say just deal with it. It's never going away and people have a right to their own opinion. Just because they disagree with being gay doesn't mean they're necessarily bad people.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people do cherry-pick what applies to them in religion. I've seen this not only with homophobia, but in general, with all religions. And I see this often.

I personally do not believe in a god, but thinking about it, according to some religious people, God creates everything and everything is meant to happen for a reason, so I'm pretty sure he won't be up there preventing two people in love from getting married.

There is a difference between not agreeing, and being outwardly hateful. The second is the reason many LGBT teens self harm and have suicidal thoughts. Feeling like people are dehumanizing you for having different preferences is unsettling.

Many animal species are homosexual, and they adopt children that are not their own. I think I saw that it might have been penguins who do that? I don't remember exactly. There is the argument that humans are above animals and should be intelligent enough not to, but isn't sex animal in nature too?

Homophobia is very painful, and I know many of us have experienced it, including myself.
    Society has been more accepting gradually, and I hope future generations do not have to go through this.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Your sentiment is much appreciated, and you apear to have a good heart. So for that, kudos and thank you. Folks like you make the world a little better, more tolerable for others.

On one part though, I am curious.
    I have a natural inclination to want to manipulate and hurt people, particularly emotionally and mentally. I suspect this may be due to some kind of personality disorder, but since it has never been professionally diagnosed, it isn't something I want to officially claim. However, I can say that the manipulation and hurting people is there, because it is always with me, each day.

Will God love me if I emotionally violate you? Should I be how God seems to have made me, which is manipulative and inconsiderate? Am I okay for having no shame for stealing from you? It's a natural response for me, all of them, though I've worked very hard on dealing with and channeling these into more productive, positive aspects.

This is why such comments as those fascinate me. I can tell you what is 'right' or 'wrong' for most people, but personally, I appear to have no conscience. 'Right' and 'wrong' is simply 'opportunity' or 'failure'. It's something I overcome, bit by bit, day by day, and is a similar argument made for other "sinful" or "wrong" ways.

I know what good and bad are, according to a society or culture, I just don't feel I am bound to them -- and that is not normal, that much I know.

#6 Kaiser, Oct 1, 2015
  7. candyjiru

I once heard someone say, "The things that upset us most about other people are really reflections of what upset us most about ourselves." (Or, to go all Shakespearean, "the lady doth protest too much" lol). The people who are the most vocal about hating "the gays" and such are often ones who are hiding and ashamed of that piece of themselves... it also shows why there are SO MANY "gay sex scandals" involving "family values" politicians and preachers... And coming from personal experience, one of my high school exes was *vehemently* anti-gay... until he came out and was crowned "Queen" of our city, lol~ (why do I have so many gay ex bfs? XD;;; Am I a closet opener? XD;;;; )

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who are hiding their feelings, and then there are their children who are being raised to see it as something horrible and dirty... I just try to remember that every action and every raised fist and screamed slur comes from something. No one is born racist or sexist or homophobic... but a lot of people were brought up that way. Thankfully the tides and times are changing and people are getting more open-minded, but we still have a long way to go, and the vocal minority is the group getting the most attention because they can make the biggest fuss.

8. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, this is so true. (*hug*)

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Never in a million years is homophobia an acceptable opinion. It is a filthy remnant of an old school of thought that needs to die.

If the Westboro Baptist Church comes to your house and says that you're going to hell, then try to tell yourself "Just deal with it". When you are actively discriminated against in society, just deal with it. If you, like many lesbians before you, suffer physical abuse because of your orientation, just deal with it. Sounds like a plan? I thought not.

Your focus is skewed:

What you can rather say is: Just because they're not necessarily bad people doesn't mean homophobia isn't a bad opinion.

#9 Invidia, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015