1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most DISTURBING film you have watched

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LakanLunti, Sep 26, 2015.

1. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think Silence of the Lambs, cannibal, and seven

2. Willa

Honestly, the film adaptation of the novel "The Lovely Bones" was disturbing as :***:

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really go along with that list.

For me A Serbian Film was also the most disturbing one. Especially because of the final scene...heavy stuff.

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen that many horror movies but Event Horizon really creeped me out. Probably the most disturbing, not because of gore but because of the psychological horror, 1408. That movie scarred me for life lol

A Serbian Film is the most disturbing movie I've ever heard of and I have absolutely no intention of seeing it. Ever.

When I was younger, I saw a scene from Requiem for a Dream which was horrifying. I've heard it's a really good movie but I still don't feel comfortable with watching it

5. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Oldboy because of the damn plot twist X.X... Its a great movie btw...recommended but hope you have thick skin.

6. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Oldboy was one of the most disturbing ones I've seen as well.

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only movie I've seen that I think is disturbing is Goodnight Mommy. I've also seen Halloween, Carrie (old and new), The Human Centipede, and Saw but none of those were very disturbing.

Carrie has some supernatural stuff, and blood doesn't bother me. The Human Centipede is too outlandish for me to be freaked out by, and Halloween and Saw are boring.

8. MetalRice

Probably one of those old pro-segregation or anti-gay filmreels from the 1950's (It was morbid curiosity, sorry.... and it was really disturbing)

9. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This experimental horror film from 1991 called "Begotten."

Shot in black and white, really grainy, no dialogue. Lots of unsettling images. To give you an idea of what it's like, the movie opens with a figure, representing god, killing itself.

10. Mateo

I once watched a movie on IFC called "The Happiness of the Katakuris" It was a Japanese surreal-horror, comedy. It wasn't disturbing in the scary, gross sense so much as it was a major "WTF" movie.

My brother and I watched the whole move and during it we were like "Why the hell are we still watching this"? It was like a train wreck, we couldn't look away.

I went to bed afterwards thinking, "What in Jebus's name did I just see"?

#70 Mateo, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oldboy is fantastic, and is one of the best thrillers I've ever seen. I do highly recommend it, but only the original from 2003 by Park Chan-wook. The acting and cinematography is stunning and it's easily one of the best movies of the decade. Some bits are hard to see, but it's indeed a powerful movie with a heavy plot twist. If you have Netflix, it should still be up.

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2015 at 03:03 PM ----------

Do you know if it's still on Youtube? I've yet to entirely finish it because it couldn't keep my attention. But I am willing to take a shot at it again.

In terms of other movies, I've heard the Tetsuo series is pretty creepy and disturbing; taking a cyberpunk spin on the body horror genre. I've yet to see it, but it's on my bucket list.

The 2006 German movie "Cannibal" is also pretty creepy (albeit really slow from what I remember with getting things going), but I've yet to finish it since Youtube is a pain with copyright. The movie is based on the Armin Meiwes case from a couple years back, in which a German man posted an ad on a cannibal fetish website looking for someone who consented to being eaten. He got a response and the ball got rolling from there. I won't go into too much of the actual events because it's graphic, but you can read up on more of that for yourself.

12. setnyx

susperia ~ i have no idea why. i did hear that there were sublimals used in it, both visual & audio tho. anybody know anything thing about that?

13. Yuber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don’t find horror/gore movies disturbing. Just boring, or at least comical. Most of the time it’s unrealistic and that make me laugh.

No, for me, the most disturbing experience was to watch Skin of Gregg Araki. I can’t cope with a realistic depiction of atrocious scene of rape and violence. I felt disgusted and empty after watching this film.

Same effect with Baraka. It’s a beautiful movie, but we see, side by side, the beauty of nature and humanity, but also a grim depiction of children living on dump, destruction of nature, poverty, modern slavery.

14. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't find much disturbing, but if I really have to say. Snowpiercer, it was a great movie, and really not disturbing, despite all the death, blood, guts, and gore.

15. guitar

I can't remember the title, but I got 20 minutes into a documentary about what it's like to be gay in Russia. After 10 minutes, I wanted to vomit. What LGBT people go through in that country is heartbreaking. :frowning2:

16. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Earthlings

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely The Human Centipede. I haven't seen the whole film. It was too gross and fucked up. :x

18. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure what the film was called but it involved a Psychiatrist that dedicated her life to murdering rapists.

Oh and I saw a bit of the film "The lovely bones" but it started getting weird so I turned it off.

19. timo

I wanted to mention this one, too. Quite a cool film, but disturbing.

Also - Lars von Trier's Antichrist was disturbing. Not because it's creepy or gore - not at all. Just the whole atmosphere painted in Antichrist is super disturbing.

And Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It's been a while since I watched this but I really need to re-watch it soon.

20. Formality

Well seeing the first episode of the 5th season of AHS was pretty disturbing. Don't for a second think that you'll be able to eat your dinner while watching this... big mistake on my part. Ugh. ;_;

Not the most disturbing shit I've seen though. I've seen some pretty morbid stuff in my life.