1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Teacher makes child write right handed because lefties are "sinister"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GeeLee, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Biker boy

Wow sinister huh well that does explain a lot I AM LEFT HANDED... That's so messed up, I hope that kid is OK and that teacher well its time to start cleaning out our schools start with them

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sinister left hander here. :smilewave Boo! :grin:

It's pretty grim that they were forced to use their right hand to write. :dry: I remember in my old primary school being ushered out of lesson once and being given a load of left handed stuff with braille on... which always seemed oldly specific to me, since they only had braille ones. :/

But aside from that I don't get much from people about it, except the occasional "wow you're left handed, how can you write like that?"from people and people getting annoyed at me in sports for being on the opposite side to them and having a slight advantage. I hear fencing is a good sport to be in if you're left handed, might try that one sometime. :grin:

3. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Used to have that happen to me back in school, we'd get a whack on our knuckles for using our left hand instead of our right. Lest the devil make us do bad things.

4. Ryu

Ryu

Woah... I'm gonna have fun tomorrow yelling a lefties because they are works of satan now... Then again, I'm a work of satan so I can't really talk...

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lefties' unite! Nevermind the "gay agenda" we need to start work on the leftie take over! Soon we will have the world! :lol: MWHAHAHAHA! *laughs evilly*

Just kidding. :icon_wink :grin:

#25 Canterpiece, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But left handed people are sinister :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Destra = Right, Sinistra = left, for those who didn't catch that xD)

In all seriousness, she should know by now what it does to force right handness to someone. Hint: it never goes well.

*Goes of to write with left hand*

7. thepandaboss

That makes me angry. Thought that kind of crap died out in the '60s. An uncle of mine had that happen to him when he was a kid. I've got a boyfriend, three siblings, and extended relatives who are left-handed (I'm a righty myself). That teacher's a moron.

8. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am cracking up at this!
    No, really, this teacher's license needs to be revoked. I can't even see where this teacher would find a school to work.

9. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

10. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    WTF....
    This thread along with the 60s and 70s posts reminded of the something my mom had said a long ago...I hope she wasn't forced in really bad ways such as this article by being told she was sinister or something. She did say something like she is now ambidextrous because someone wanted her to write right-handed. Jesus, that is horrid telling a left handed child that lefties are sinister.

#30 NaomiB, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  11. AsheTheHuman

Where did anyone imply that it was only religion's fault? I understand that some people took jabs at religion, but no one was acting as if they thought it was only religion's fault that this prejudice exists. I don't understand.

12. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In heraldry something on the left hand side or facing to the left is referred to as 'sinister'

Other than that all I can say is "What the holey Neanderthal Fu*k"

:eusa_doh:

13. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a left handed sibling. No one ever seemed to make a fuss about it.

One of my friends was born right handed but her grandmother was left handed. And really wanted a left handed grandchild. My friend became ambidextrous. I asked her to tell me again to make sure I understood that right.

But the world is designed for the right handed. What side is the mouse for your computer on? The handle for a door? School desks. Writing left-to-right? The world is tailored for the majority. Who happen to be right handed.