1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some people think bisexuality is awesome?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cubster1980, Sep 5, 2015.

1. CapColors

I am a newly awakened bisexual and frankly some days it makes me so frustrated.

Because being with my female friends is no longer the safe haven it used to be. Now it's more like being with male coworkers: I have to be careful to marshal my flirting and think about everything I do in a way I didn't have to before.

It's exhausting, and I miss the simplicity of having that zone where I didn't have to monitor myself in that manner.

I would feel differently if I were single or younger, I think. If that were the case, I could see my realization as a new beginning on an amazing and exciting road of exploration. At this point in my life, being bi is kind of an extra burden.

That all being said, objectively, I think it's fascinating what I'm going through, and it's an interesting sexuality in general. And of course, I politically and emotionally support people being on any part of the lgbtq spectrum. But I am personally finding it stressful to be bi.

2. C P

C P

I'd give anything to be bi/pan, honestly. Regardless of both's specific 'problems', the much wider door to possibilities is more than enough to justify that desire.

I have to chuckle at some saying that monos also see 'people' rather than gender, which I personally find to be a crock of *signal loss*.

When I'm constantly mocked and trolled by the universe with women(who would otherwise be greatly compatible) somehow consistently expressing interest, interest that I can never return in the same light, all I can see is gender/sex. All the while being a perma-guy repellent, and you have a mess that I, and others in similar shoes, have absolutely no alternative to(regardless of there still not being a 'choice' for bi/pan folk of who they're specifically attracted to).

This only makes me feel for lg folk who go through this, because you already have a -huge- drop in pool population as is.

In -that- respect(ignoring the stigma and yoohah otherwise), I can definitely understand why someone would see bi/pansexuality as 'awesome' or something you could only dream of.

3. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perfectly said!

4. CapColors

Thanks! Glad it didn't offend.

Although, oops, I sound like I'm a vampire or something A NEWLY TURNED BISEXUAL SIRED BY LUST TOO LATE IN LIFE

:grin:

5. Rapha Lover

Look, be bissexual is not mean that person like two or more people in same time.

Me for example, I am pansexual. I feel more attractive with boys that girls , but sometimes I like more girls than boy, in other situations for both. Anyway, it's hard to administrate all theses differents feels and diseres, but it's awesome!

The human it's beauty! Of coruse, each non-monossexuals person have your preference,inclued me, but is increadible!

6. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    Why is it that some gay men believe that everyone is a Kinsey 0 or 6 and if you are really bisexual you must be a Kinsey 3? So if your a Kinsey 2.5 you might as well as round down to being completely heterosexual or if your a Kinsey 3.5 you might as well as round up to being completely homosexual.

7. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know the drill. I'd totally prefer to be either gay or straight. It would save me from a lot of trouble.

8. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I have strong sexual attraction to men but something seems like it is missing. I usually score around 3.52-3.57 on the Klein Kinsey Scale. Somewhere around a Kinsey 4 would be a good estimate. I definitely can and do at times have sexual attraction to women and I believe I am more romantically attracted to women as well. Also I can make connections with women through my mind. I get along fine with both sexes and have no problem being around either.

9. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. Being bi is pretty hard because you're too "gay" to be normal, but you're apparently too straight to be accepted into the LGBT+ community. The fact that bisexuality is fetishized so much in society (especially by straight dudes) doesn't help when you're bi either.

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like this quote...except that I would change "normal" to "accepted by the mainstream"...not that I have any desire to be either of those two things.

11. C P

C P

The same reason a number of bi folk have that silly notion of 'everyone is a little bi'; some people just can't (or don't want to) fathom that not everyone is the same...likely bias-driven.

I feel the same, but in reverse.

Want to trade? :surprised

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL, nicely spotted!! I'm always a bit gobsmacked by the people (and Cubster, I'm not accusing *you* of being one...not sure what your record is on this) who get upset by people not recognizing the existence of bisexuality, but then turn around and assert that everyone is a little bisexual. It's like "I hate being invalidated - oh, but here's a 'rational reason' to invalidate *you*!" Silly humans.

13. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The biggest thing for me is that a lot of lesbians tend to steer clear of bisexuals and a lot of straight guys think automatic threesome. But then I sit back and realize that *I'm* stereotyping these two groups of people, which is unfair.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I haven't met anyone IRL that I could see myself with, in a very long time. Well, except for my co-worker but she's straight:frowning2:

#53 XenaxGabby, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  14. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I have done Kinsey Scale Test sometimes I would put down I am gay but not strictly or bisexual and it would usually put me as equally heterosexual and homosexual(Kinsey 3), but depending how I answered the question sometimes it would me as pretty gay(Kinsey 4). I am not scared of the word gay or bisexual whether it is someone else or pertaining to me. I definitely believe I am more predominantly homosexual but I cannot rule out women either.

15. C P

C P

The kind of hypocrisy you hate yet can't help but be amused by, because of the logic behind it.

Either way, the bolded particularly made me chuckle slightly with the way it was worded. /random

16. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    My sexuality has been much more fluid over the past year than it has been in my entire life. When I see a hot heterosexual couple I sometimes wish I could join them. However, it may be that couple could be bisexual but I assume them usually to be heterosexual. If they are heterosexual that is perfectly fine too. I am not going to get someone to do something there not.

17. C P

C P

^ You sure you didn't quote the wrong post there? ._.

18. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because they think that it would double their chances and be the "best of both worlds". I wouldn't consider it awesome. I've often thought that I am, and although I wouldn't consider it "awesome", it isn't a bad thing either.