1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Attracted To?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :eusa_danc Hey people!

What are you attracted to in a person? Physically and/or mentally?

I know attraction is extremely tricky, because you can find a quality hella attractive in one person, but not at all in another... Or just find someone attractive for absolutely no reason. And for me personally, I can be attracted to anyone - whether they're humorous, artistic, sexy, confident, etc. etc. under the right circumstances.

Though, whenever I daydream about being with a mate, there are some mental and physical aspects that come to mind.

Physically: Of course, I'm into manly men... Hair is almost a must, unless the person is bulky or bear-ish. I also like abs, muscle tone, broad shoulders, and etc., but I tend to like masculine appearances. No specific hair, skin, or eye color, honestly.

Oh yeah, and smiling is a big thing. Or at least have a very 'intense stare.'

Mentally: Eh, this could go one of several ways honestly - So I'll just put numbers to signify a specific personality that I can get really attracted to.

1: Stoic, Protective, Dominant but Caring, Intense, Can Be Gentle, Listener

2: Humorous, Benevolent, Sneaky, Flirty, Thoughtful, Individualist, Easy-Going

But then again, I've known people with almost none of these characteristics and they make my heart beat faster whenever I'm in a conversation with them.

Now tell me this doesn't sound realistic because I don't think it is that much. :eusa_doh: :icon_redf

2. Armin

I often find myself attracted to those who are a year or two younger than I am. Guys who are between being masculine and feminine also allure me. I want someone who's tender and affectionate in terms of being in a relationship. With regard to physical looks, thick eyebrows are 10/10 and height which is the same as mine will be a huge plus, too.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well in the first place, you just have to be unique, or else I won't notice you...

Second, you have to compliment my abilities, we should fit like pieces of the same puzzle. This is nessecary or we wont' be effective as a team. You do what I can't do, and I'll do what you can't do. What we both can't do, we'll figure out a way around it.

Thirdly, be attractive, this would take a few pages to describe with accuracy so I won't get into it. There's so many different ways a person can be beautiful to me. Anyway, that's basically how you get inside my heart <3

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

With me, I'm attracted to my doll, so what I like about her is partially imaginary, I admit. What I like about my doll is her beautiful sad-looking eyes and this little smile she has that gets to me in a very good way. In my imagination, she is the sweetest, most innocent creature one could ever find. I take pride in caring for her, as I imagine she is one who really appreciates me for doing so. She's so soft and warm, and when I cuddle with her, I get this funny feeling in my spine and a warm sensation in my heart. These are things I have never felt for anyone else, and my doll is very special to me for that reason, more important to me than any living being. I love her dearly, and I imagine she reciprocates that love to me. :love:

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Physically, eh, it's all been said before... yes, some things may capture my attention easier and sooner, but keeping my attention, well, that's all about how you carry yourself, how you work with what you've got, because somebody who is resourceful and going places is, in my opinion, so God damn sexy...

It really boils down to this:

When we need to kick ass, we kick ass.
    When we lay in bed and joke about how lazy we are, we do just that.
    When we want to watch a movie/play a video game, we do just that.
    When we do go out and enjoy ourselves, casually or a date, we do just that.
    When we set goals, have dreams, or a curiosity, we work on accomplish these.

And we always look amazing doing it, but most importantly, if one of us doesn't have it, the other does, because, individually life may be too much to handle, but together, life doesn't stand a chance.

Basically, I want a bad bitch or a bad mofo. Who is down for cuddles and pillow talk. Somebody who can be relied on, trusted, and adored, but who allows the two of us to exchange these traits and positions, leading to growth and all that fancy improvement stuff. Who would play with my hair show no weakness, and tell me how pretty STRONG I am, rawr~!

#5 Kaiser, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Physically: manly men, weak men, nerdy boys, silly gooses, guys who have no muscle, fat guys, skinny guys, short but athletic guys, hairy guys, hairless guys, guys, and there junk.
    Emotionally: any guy who's chilled back and doesn't judge anyone and has a high level of intelligence but isn't conceded about it.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

wow, you like everything

8. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From What do you like about men?:

9. kittyvelour

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In men, I like them to be older (typically between 5-15 years). I like a classically masculine, clean cut appearance. The dapper 1940's male. I like strong, masculine facial features. Tall and chiseled.

In women, I've found that I prefer a similar age to my own. I like angular facial features and bigger bone structures, though I like them to be of similar height to me, slightly taller or shorter.

In both genders I like thicker eyebrows. I also like certain types of noses -- angular and chiseled, though I believe that one applies more to men than women.

Personality wise... I want someone I can lean on. Someone who makes me laugh. And someone I can talk on and on and on with and when we run out of things to say, it's not awkward -- just comfortable. Someone to set my insides on fire -- figuratively. LOL

10. MadameMiau

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still figuring that out... LMFAO! I've only recently allowed myself to accept being lesbian. I know I'd want a balanced relationship, where me and my significant other both carried eachother through it equally, no clear dominate or submissive party. My first experience was rather controlling in that aspect, and it took a long time to recover from the emotional abuse - probably why I've taken so long to admit I even want a relationship in the first place!

I think physically, I look for someone that both offsets me and "matches" me if that makes any sense. Like... complementing eachother in the way we look. Taller seems to be important to me, as well as being slightly older (even if it's only a few months. I'm weird LMFAO). I accept that I'm a more masculine type for all the girly things I do, but someone I can hug a feel protected and safe, and give that same comfort to is so important.

I think I'd need someone patient too. I can be a bit dense at times. LMFAO!!! And dorky. I have my hobbies and I will never shut up about them but detail me from that and I'm at a loss for words.

But as I said, I'm still figuring all this out. I had fun thinking of an answer to this even if I kind of rattled on aimlessly a bit. :3

11. Burnedcloset

Anyone who makes me feel something when I look at them.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Physically it really depends. My type is all over the place really. For women I have been attracted to androgynous looking women, really feminine women, and sporty ones too.

As for men I'm not sure if I'm actually attracted to them or not, but physically if I did have a type I don't think it would be to super muscular guys- although they're cool too, that's just not my thing at all.

Non physically well, someone who is charming, confident, intelligent- definitely funny, who's also very kind at the end of the day. Someone I can really have fun with but also have seriously long conversations about anything with. Seems pretty generic, then again, my type flies all over the place as well.

#12 Alder, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  13. guitar

Physically: guys who are smaller than me or the same size. Thin & fit.

Mentally: someone who loves to laugh, tell jokes, Is interested intellectually, has a good relationship with their family or at least someone in their life, can handle being apart so I can pursue my passions but loves being together when we are, loves to be active and try new things, has a geeky side, isn't jealous over petty things....

14. PumpkinSpice

Physical appearances arent a big thing for me, I've been attracted to all different body types though generally i like average sized women/men. I prefer short hair but I've also been attracted to women with long hair too.

I'm more attracted to certain personality characteristics. Really open and giving people are attractive because I automatically feel comfortable around them. And I've always had a thing for more dominant personalities, dark sense of humor and people who have an appreciation for the damaged, darker things in life.

15. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just trying to understand this as it's something I'm struggling with at the moment. Are you saying that it's ok to be in a relationship with someone who you are not physically attracted to but who you are emotionally attracted to? I feel like you really need both parts in order to be happy long term.

16. Gen

Gen

Physically: I am appreciate attractive men beyond arbitrary categories. I don't claim to be that person who doesn't care about appearance as I care a fair amount by it. I simply couldn't care less about color, size, height, hairy, hairless, etc. Quite frankly, I've grown tired of our cultures deep obsession with definitively picking between these things. This world is filled with too much diverse beauty for my concept of an ideal mate to be so linear.

Mentally:

Ambition.

Social consciousness on a deeper level than most. Not simply because that is what I value but because some of us aren't simply homosexuals and have to deal with the fact that many homosexuals are ignorant and bigoted to dozens of other issues that effect us.

Ambition.

Intellectual independence. I am not looking for a Romeo. I don't have time for anyone to consider me their life. We can have a beautiful, loving relationship without being needy. They need to have a life outside of our relationship.

Ambition.

17. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Physically, I don't even know. I've been into lithe pixie looking girls that are long and leggy, classic curvy women, a couple more masculine women... At this point I think I just like WOMEN. I've only let myself be "out" for like. A week. So I'm still figuring that out...

I love the alt look though... Tattoos, piercings, leather, dark makeup, wild hair colors.

Personality wise, I need someone with a strong personality to counter mine. Someone who's willing to stand up to me and "check" me. I have way too wide of a bully streak to be with someone too submissive. But I still like someone who's more of a ~lady ~ because I am NOT.

18. PumpkinSpice

I don't really know if the physical attraction plays into my emotional attraction somehow without me realizing it, but I've never been emotionally attracted to someone who I wasn't able to be physically attracted to as well.
    I have however become emotionally attracted to people I never thought I would like physically that I did end up liking. I'm not sure if it's the whole "blind love" where you just like someone so much you don't see what's wrong with them or what but yeahhh. That's just been my experience with all my crushes and relationships.

19. Nikky DoUrden

Physically : guys
    Alignment : True Neutral to Lawful Good

20. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like them the same age, or older.

Physical: (Guys) Someone tall, especially taller then me. Asian, but not completely so. Slightly messy hair that's fun to touch and mess with, and specs. Specs is one of my must haves. I prefer thin and stringy, for some reason. Not too muscular, just slim. (Girls) Usually shorter then me, but someone who's slightly chubby-someone I can hug comfortably. Specs or not is fine. With nice hair-at least shoulder length, but above waist length-as long as the hair's in good condition, any colour's fine. I have a slight hair fetish when it comes to females.

Mental: (Guys) Someone sarcastic and funny. And smart-a must have. Someone I can logically argue with about scientific things, and can win me in sarcastic arguments. Preferably also can make their own decisions, and doesn't rely on me to do so for them, especially when on dates. Should be okay with a certain extent of PDA (not the shove-to-the-wall-makeout one, but holding hands and hugs) and also okay with me being slightly whiny (for fun and sometimes to annoy them). And of course, able to accept me for who I am. (Girls) Someone happy-go-lucky, but who is also able to tell me what she's thinking about, especially in times of need. Being smart is a plus, but being cute is a must. Someone who can be slightly hyper, but can take things seriously without needing telling to. Not too noisy, and someone who understands the need for private space at times. Must also be okay with PDA (hugging, etc) and whining, too. Pretty much the same for guys, really...just that I prefer smart guys and cute (personality) girls.