Questions regarding the gender identity of two of my friends

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Aug 20, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my friends says that she believes herself to be Agender and i was wondering if i could get a description to give to her since both of us have a rough idea but want to know more.

And i am wondering what you would call my other friends identity: she doesn't give a crap about what you see her as but does sometimes feel female and sometimes feel male.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First: I'm not nb, so... yeah.. ^^

If your first friend is agender, then she may feel: that she doesn't have a gender at all; that she is just neutral; that her gender is very different from what most people experience/inexplicable.

Your other friend sounds genderfluid. If she doesn't give a crap what you see her as that just means she doesn't have social dysphoria.
    Genderfluid is an umbrella term though. If she feels like she is a guy one day and is a girl the other, then she might be bigender. But to me, at least, it sounds more like she is genderfluid.

Hope that helps!
    x

#2 Invidia, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Becki put it pretty well, it's good you're trying to better your understanding of your friends' identities.

4. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the general explanation for being agender, and it's hard to elaborate in terms of what all agender people feel any further. I look at other genders and feel completely removed from them and right now my dysphoria is really bad and having a female body/people seeing me as a girl gives me hot flushes and makes me want to throw up but personally I don't want to change my body to be more gender neutral like some agenders do because, like, it doesn't mean anything to me, I just hate that it means things for other people. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask, but I don't know what you consider your "rough idea".

This doesn't sound very useful but hey ho.