1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What religion do you identify with?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Covalent, Aug 13, 2015.

?

What religion do you identify with?

1. Christianity (or Christian-based)

46 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Judaism

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Hinduism

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. Islam

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Other

30 vote(s)
    14.2%
  6. Not religious

130 vote(s)
    61.3%
  1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not really religious. I had a terrible past with it, so I have panic attacks a lot about it. My parents tried to take me to a buddhist temple once, and I ended up having a panic attack. It felt absolutely horrible, and I still have problems with it. I believe there is a god, and gods out there somewhere. I was raised Lutheran, but I kind of drifted away from religion when the accident happened. Now I feel that I am a free thinker, and free to think whatever I want. I'm happy to be able to think that there is a god, and or gods, while at the same time I am a free thinker. I'm not too into religion, and don't really care for it as much. My experience has made me scared of most religious beliefs, so I try to stay in between the line. I respect everybody's beliefs, and am proud of them for it. I don't agree with everything, but I definitely respect people with religion. I guess you could say my case is rather...unique and complicated.​

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't believe in any religion whatsoever. I did do my communion and got baptised, so I guess I could be considered Christian. However, I would never have done that out of my own will.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents are non-religious, but I found my way into a United Methodist church on my own. I was a member there until I was thrown out when I came out as gay (this was before I came out as trans). So, since then, I have really just explored other religions. So, I guess you can say that I am more spiritual than anything.

4. FootballFan101

5. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was sort of raised into the Lutheran Church but my family isn't particularly religious, though we still do christenings and wedding and funerals etc (mostly out of tradition). I don't consider myself religious. I am however still a member in the Norwegian Church, but only because it's such a hassle to get out of it. I tried once only to find out I was still registered as a member.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm Christian, somewhat Evangelical(but not fundamentalist!), and affirming. Most people will find I am quite Ecumenical when it comes to certain Christian beliefs because of my vast experiences with different denominations. I don't get all bent out of shape about silly theological disputes, other than those that take advantage of their congregation financially. I don't ignore the abuse by many Christian churches, and I believe in getting back to focusing on how Jesus acted and His love rather than condemnation.

7. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself atheist. I was raised on a rather diluted catholic-Buddhist religion, my mom being a very diluted catholic in terms of not going to church and all that, and my school's a catholic one, and my aunt and grandmother being bhuddist.

At first I grew up respecting and well...I dunno, loving? the catholic faith, till I started questioning certain things. I won't go into detail, but cuz of that I became freethinker, and I don't really believe in Gods and whatnot, so...atheist it is?

8. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I'm traditionally catholic. My beliefs often differ from what Church says though.

9. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a staunch atheist. I grew up in a J. Witness household, but became quickly disillusioned with that religion as soon as I reached my teenage years.

As a whole, I'm no fan of religion, but whether someone is religious or not isn't my business, as long as they're a good person.

And, you know, as long as they don't try to force it on me, because I had enough of that from the Witnesses. :bang:

10. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm pagan. I believe more in the divine of the natural world. That nature is power and to be revered. I follow a more Native American view on spirituality, with a touch of religious identification with the Goddess Artemis/Diana.

I do believe in wicca, though am non-practicing at the moment. Any witchcraft I've practiced in the past has been Norse tradition as that's what my dad practiced.

11. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not religious, though I do take some philosophies from other religions like Buddhism, Confucianism, etc. I also like reading about Paganism, Wicca, Native American, etc. Religions are interesting, but I just don't like to take part in them because I don't really believe there are any divine beings out there to worship.

#71 galaxygia, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted not religious. I believe in God not religion. I'm way more spiritual. I use to identify as catholic but I now just say I'm spiritual. I honestly don't even like being inside of a church.

13. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm open-minded about spirituality but don't believe in following a religion. I don't see why we should believe ancient stories that probably have little basis on fact.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's curious, because I'm also very, very uncomfortable just going inside a church. It just feels wrong, to me, like totally outside of my element, somehow. Even just going to a wedding in a church scares me, and I tend to avoid them.

15. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Raised Mormon. Left at16.am absolutely non religious now,.also am.not into.deities= Atheist :slight_smile:

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  17. Alex Vause

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To put it simply, Other.

18. Formality

Never was religious, never will be. My parents never were religious either and they were
    born in the 50's. I mean I've been to church a few times but the Swedish church is so different from how I understand the American churches to be. The Swedish church seems to be more open and friendly and less "cultlike". They are far from as dogmatic as most preachers from the US come across as. (not to generalize, but I mean... cmon.)

Basically my understanding of the church when I was a child was that it was a place to be sad:lol: Because I was always sad when I was there, which is understandable considering that the people who worked there were depressing as fuuu and the music they played too. The wall art of a sad man with nails in his hands and feet hanging from a cross wasn't exactly uplifting either. Not to mention the hard seats, the musty odour and the half daylight atmosphere with the dark walls and ceiling. Don't get me wrong, old churches can be incredibly beautiful works of architectural art. But the churches I went to as a child were just... depressing.

FSM is the real meta doe.
    This proves everything.
    [​IMG]

#78 Formality, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  19. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so unreligious that when I do go inside a church (which is very rare) they have to pour holy water on me, because IT BURNS!!

20. Posthuman666

This is where things get interesting........

I am a Heathen and a Celtic Recconstructionist, both pagan religions. Heathenry, or Asatru, is the faith in the old gods, the norse gods. I honor Freyja, Thor, Odin, Baldur, and many more. I practice bløt rituals, alone at the moment, and wear a Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) necklace around my neck every day as a symbol of pride.

But I also practice Celtic Reconstructionism, commonly abbreviated to CR. CR is similar to Heathenry in concept, but honoring the Celtic/Gaelic gods. Some beliefs are shared, some are similar, some are different. An important thing to note, however, is that I practice the religions separately, there is no overlap. I honor the gods and goddesses in their respective way, and by no means treat them as if they were in the same faith. I practice the holidays separately, give offerings separately, etc. Some of the gods I worship in CR are the Morrigan, Brighit, Cernunnos, Lugh, and many more.

Now, the really weird part is I also have satanic philosophies. The Satanic Temple, the path I follow, is not necessarily religious. It is a religion, but does not worship any divine being or supernatural entities, contrary to popular belief. Satan is the concept of freedom and free will.What makes TST somewhat compatible with my belief is that none of my beliefs break the Seven Tenets of Satanism, which is really the only guidelines a TST satanist would need to follow. TST is also really big on human rights, and actively campaigns for women's rights and more.

I am also active in the occult. I am a chaote, and practice Chaost Magick. Chaos is the idea of spontaneous ideas and beliefs, and is the meaning of going with the flow. If I wanted to, I could do a chaos ritual to my toaster one day, and to my socks the next. Chaos is an interesting thing. Not really a religion, but something spiritual.

tl;dr Heathen and Celtic Reconstructionist with Satanic philosophies, also a chaote.