1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Most Painful Experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't be harmed, I'm basically wonder woman.

JK. >.>

I once split my thumb almost down to the bone with a hatchet wile camping when I was really young. The park ranger had to do first aid. I might have been in shock so I don't know how much pain I felt. I broken basically every major bone in both my arms at least once. I played lot of sports when I was young.

2. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Physical: The most physical pain I've ever felt might be pain from especially intense intestinal cramps. Not sure why I used to get them when I was younger, but they would happen a couple times a year. Sometimes they were bad enough that I could not stand upright. I could only lie in a fetal position.

Mental: Crushing loneliness. I know that I exaggerated my loneliness in my head and that only served to make the pain worse.

3. Simple Thoughts

For me...

Mentally: You'd really have to pick and choose. I guess most anything in my teen years involving my dad. Between the homophobia, the threats, the hair grabbing, the calling me an idiot all the time, or the just general hostility I felt at home for a few years it's hard to pick any one

Physically: Wisdom teeth....NO JUST NO!

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The beggining of bipolar disorder. It was a nightmare.

5. Spacewalker

Physically, I'd say period pain. Once it was so bad I thought I must be dying and sth ripped my organs apart.
    Mentally, I'd say either breaking up with my (now ex) gf, visiting dying grandparents in hospital or thinking I'm worthless during depression. Ok actually everything during depression

6. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mental
    My cousin died when I was 25 we were the same age and did everything together loosing him hurt allot even had thoughts of doing something silly so I could be with him .

Physical
    broke my shoulder in my teens that was quite painful I also once got attacked few broken ribs just as painful.

7. Willard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mentally: My dad died a few years back from a work related accident, it wasn't the news he died that was painful, it was all the aftermath: his funeral, the absence, the extent of dependability from me and my siblings my mother has since his death (combined with her physical health), etc. I have wasted about three years of studying/university because of all that.

Physically: I've broken 3 bones up until now (ring finger, collarbone and wrist), but that wasn't really painful at all.

I think my physically most painful experience would be when I injured my ankle last year: I am a brown belt (1st kyu) judoka and I wanted to perform a full force/full speed judo throw, but I stepped out wrong. That resulted in me twisting my ankle with both the weight of me and my judo partner (more than 170 kg in total) on that one ankle. It hurt so much I could barely breathe for a few minutes.

Translating medical terms is a bit hard, but if I'm correct I torn my ankle ligaments (partially) on both side of my left foot. The next day my ankle was about three times as wide as the other one and after more than two weeks it was still double as wide. To top it all off I turned out to be allergic for the bandage they used, so I got some nasty and very itchy wounds and irritation on my foot too. Couldn't use my foot for about three weeks, but I had to start using it after that to start training my foot again. Needless to say that was a rather painful process, especially in the beginning. It has been about a year since, and I still feel my ankle on a daily basis. I use an ankle brace during judo training and I try to train my ankle to get it stronger, but I am (both physically and in judo technique) nowhere near the level I was before the injury.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physically, I've had it pretty good! I learned how land falls and throws properly pretty young, which has probably saved me dozens of broken wrists and legs from falling out of trees. I've also got a kickass immune system, so I rarely get sicknesses worse than allergies or colds :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However, a couple of years ago, I picked up some kind of stomach bug a week or two before my finals. I was in class and we were having one of our last lessons in the unit, when suddenly, I started sweating like nobody's business, and my stomach was feeling really shitty. Then, I could only faintly hear what the the teacher was saying, and my throat felt like it was closing up. After five minutes of trying to flag the teacher down to ask permission to leave, I just got up, apologised, and walked out :lol: I layed down in the handicapped bathroom stall floor, and dry heaved for around twenty minutes, before calling my mom and asking her to pick me up. I spent the next four days curled up in my bed just gagging, heaving, sweating, shivering and eating soda crackers. I couldn't even watch netflix because of how out of my mind I was. At lot of the time I was puking out bile as well, which was just glorious :grin: I sounded like Chad Kroeger after the whole fiasco was over.

It wasn't exactly painful, I just felt like I was dying.

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mentally: one of my former best friends. the entire relationship really. don't like to talk about it as much but i do harbor a grudge.

Physically: Spinal tap. not enough numbness medicine were given. enough said.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mentally: Around January time I was on the brink of dropping out of my teacher training because my self-esteem was so low that I was certain I was destined for failure. I was constantly in floods of tears and felt like a really horrible person who wasn't worth anything. I greatly feared for my future because I wasn't sure what I would do if I dropped, but there didn't seem to be any other way. Thankfully I battled through all that, continued my training and have now finished and have a job. :slight_smile:

Physically: probably menstrual pain. I've been quite lucky with my health otherwise.

11. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mentally: It took me a minute to think of this and I actually had to erase what I'd previously written because I hate this memory so much. When my mom was in the hospital with cancer, they had her on a ridiculous amount of morphine. One day we went to visit her and she smiled at my sister and I said "hi" then turned to my dad and asked where her girls were. She didn't recognize us at all. We only went to visit her once more after that and I can still hear her screaming in pain sometimes.

Physically: Getting my foot tattooed. My friend was an apprentice at the time and didn't do it deeply enough, so her (completely stoned) mentor redid it immediately after it had been done the first time. Gouging raw gouges, not fun.

12. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mentally: panic attacks and just that whole time period when I was having them at lest twice a week last year
    Physically: period pain

13. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Climbing over a fence, foot slipped and I ripped my 'private areas' open on a jagged piece of metal. Never felt pain like it in my life or bled as much.

14. starm

I broke my left shin bone in half. Very painful, the most painful I had.

15. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mentally: I have gone through a lot so it is tough to choose. However, I think probably the most painful emotional experience was falling deeply in love with a friend. Over the course of several years I fell deeper and deeper. It *seemed* like the feeling was mutual. They told me that they wanted to spend their life with me. They behaved like a romantic partner(minus the sex). It was incredibly intense. Then something happened. I am unsure exactly what because they never explained. I think they panicked. Anyway long story short the point where I had completely fallen for them they met a guy and cut me out of their life. It broke my heart. Shattered it. I proceeded to completely fall apart. I lost almost all my friends within the space of a month, almost starved to death and had to be nursed back to health by my parents. Around the same time I lost an aunt to cancer and I just lost it. Well over a year later and I am still recovering.

Physically: Probably getting stung by a large stingray.

#35 alwaysforever, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  16. SocceRoo

mentally: My mum tried to kill herself. After a week in hospital, they thought it best to send her to another hospital, which I couldn't visit. She stayed there for another 7 weeks. The whole time I was living at home alone and doing year 12. I also had the worst flu I've ever had, I was really sick for 5 days and almost crippled for 2 of those days and that was probably the most physical pain I've had.

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Mentally: Losing my best friend a long time ago hurt a lot, especially now that I realize how emotionally abusive she was I still feel angry about the whole thing.

Emotionally: Problems with teeth. Nothing compares to toothache. I've had two broken bones in my life and I'll take that over teeth issues any day.

18. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mentally - Judging by duration; I was bullied for 4 years. Judging by intensity; depressive mood swing in my teens, especially the day I visited a mental hospital.

Physically - Judging by duration; earache. Judging by intensity; I accidentally slashed my leg.

#38 Lawrence, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  19. TheJackC

Physical, was almost breaking my finger by getting it locked in a car door, and having the nail fall off... :frowning2:

Mental, was when my nan died, and then her brother dying the month after. And mix this with going to secondary school, bullying and coming to terms I am gay, it was quite rough.

20. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know why exactly but earaches HURT. Like damn...

But the thing is; I can usually withstand quite a bit of pain ._. But nope. Not when my ears are hurting