1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would be your favourite romantic present from a partner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Justinian20

The title says it all. If you don't have a favourite romantic gift list a couple of romantic presents that you like.

to start us off, is me. I just think it would be so romantic if my boyfriend bought me Lindt Excellence Chocolate, because all the chocolate I have eaten and it tastes like heaven has been Lindt Excellence(any flavour so far). Also if my boyfriend bought me a Strawberry and White Crumble Magnum, my heart would melt for him.

It would be so amazing to receive that Lindt chocolate and magnum because I would love him even more, my head in his lap eating my chocolate looking up at him, also him just standing with his arms around me while I eat my magnum ice cream. I can't wait for him to arrive.

I'm silly, conjuring up this perfect man who is just so romantic and sexy. I'm fantasising about that future with him. Watching movies together, my cuteness and his perfection and romance with dinner. Oh my God I can't wait for all of this.

2. Lyana

Mm, I love Lindt. Good pick! (Also love a Magnum... yum.)

This is maybe going to sound annoying, but my favorite present would be something that shows my partner knows me and cares and thought about me.
    It's meaningful to me when we're spontaneous about it -- a gift when it's not a birthday, Christmas, or any special day. I love the surprise on her face and the "What's this for?" look. I love the feeling of unwrapping (or not, okay, I'll admit we rarely go to the trouble of wrapping anything, let's say opening) a gift that I didn't expect, a gift that's completely uncalled for -- but she was in a store and she thought of me and she knew I would like it, so she got it for me. That's what I love.

If I have to name a specific object, I guess... something personal. Maybe a framed picture of the two of us, or a letter, or wood carved with words that are special to us (an inside joke, lyrics from "our song" (imagining for a moment that there is an our song), a specific memory). Actually, the most meaningful thing I have ever received from a romantic partner is a letter. It wasn't really a letter, it was... writing.

It's normal to fantasize. You sound so cute. I definitely hope you'll get to enjoy all that and more soon.

3. Feline

Feline Guest

Definitely a homemade dinner, with a romantic and/or creative atmosphere. You know, roses (or other flowers/plants, preferably alive in a pot), candles, incense, wine (or other nice drink, it could be just cold water for me, anything served with love), beautiful music (celtic, classic, ancient, goth atmospheric, darkwave, etc.). <3

Or just a nocturnal walk with a deep philosophical or very inspiring talk. <3

Or a handmade gift that expresses a lot of devotion and care, and that shows that she knows the things I like (a.k.a. that she's been listening, heh). <3

Etc.

4. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sex with a lot of cuddling/kissing going on - in a decorative bed of ours would be nice. ;P

5. guitar

Call me old fashioned if you must, but I'd prefer sexy underwear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something like this:

[​IMG]

:lol:

7. Cider

To be honest, a partner just letting me know that they care about and love me is pretty much enough. :slight_smile: I don't really expect anything from them that they should give me.

8. tscott

Flowers...nothing big...nothing clichéd like single rose...something sweet like a small tied bouquet.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Ideally, little things. Bonus points if it was something they overheard or remembered.

An example. During a random cuddle session, I talk about how I'd love some Skittles right now. Within the next day or two, during another cuddle session, you start feeding me Skittles.

This means more, because it shows you paid attention. You want to make me happy, even if it comes from a package of candy. That will trump almost any other gift.

It's easy to get somebody who plays, say, video games something electronic related, or somebody who likes sports something team related. But reminding one another, that we pay attention to and are interested in each other, is the best gift for a relationship.

I also really want somebody to feed me Skittles as we cuddle, but one step at a time!

10. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yess chocolates.
    Stuffed animals like that teddy bear^ are always welcome too. Or just stuffed animals in general. Not sure how romantic that is, but it would definitely make me happy :grin:

11. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

A cookbook, especially one based on the cuisine of a region that I have stated an admiration of or interest in.

For instance, I might say, in a conversation, "Slovenia is such a fascinating place. Many Europeans ask me why I would ever have such a special interest in the country, but they are really so unique and interesting!" Make sure you do your research, and find out what cookbooks are most reputable, and consider supplying harder-to-find ingredients.

"Oh, honey! You even got me some frozen dormice for a dormouse stew! How did you EVER find out where to buy them? I love you so much." See? Works every time if your partner is a home cook.

12. MrSkittles

Just a quiet place where me and him could have dinner and spend some time together

13. Van

Van

Engagement ring! :roflmao:

14. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Tough question. I don't really like getting presents. If I had someone who coluld tolerate me and knew all about me, I'm sure s/he could find the perfect present for me. Which would be maybe something that contributed to achieving my deepest, most important dreams.
    But then I would feel terrible.

15. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just that she tells me she is happy with me, and loves me is enough.

Really.

Yes, a little card with nice words, or a phone call, or simply telling me.

Well, if she wants to go out for a club, a drink or some chinese food...

I'd rather give than take in such situations.

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her company. <3

17. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most romantic gift for me would be chocolate, a bouquet of flowers(preferably pianies) and a sexy night out with dinner and then to come back and have sex, not just bang bang boom done but an all nighter where we're slow and we kiss and cuddle and we tell each other we love them.

18. C P

C P

You could potentially catch my attention by getting me anything orange, likely of the stuffed animal/plushie variety. Or something Umbreon-related would be even better. .-.

Just got this recently from a trip to an amusement park's dinosaur area:

[​IMG]

19. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Making my favourite meal for dinner just because. Surprising me with breakfast in bed, specifically red velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing. Never had them but I want to! Again, just because:slight_smile:

20. Formality

Coming home to him meeting me at the door having prepared food and a romantic evening.