So Who's Still Carrying their V-Card?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starwind78, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Kaya-Sente

absolutely. I actually had several girls who wanted to date me in high school, but I never got the hint at the time. My only girlfriend wanted to do something, and again I never got the hint. In retrospect, I had no real sexual interest in her it was entirely romantic.

Totally NOT a waiting for the right person, more waiting for a person I am attracted to who doesnt scream and run away now that I am.... not conforming to certain gender norms? (I used a word there but hurt my own feelings so thats the PC version...)

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    True. Even in straight relationships it seems to me that perhaps things are not as black and white as they seem. Yes, I suppose technically in the straight world virginity is lost the minute the penis is stuffed into the vagina. But...there are couples who do a lot of other stuff, and while they can be technical virgins, it seems to me that after she's given him a blowjob, he's given her a blow job, they've had their hands all over each other's naughty parts, etc, etc, etc...well, they aren't quite as "virgin" as someone who has done absolutely nothing.

3. essie

Yes! I'm not waiting for anything in particular, except that I would like to lose it to someone I care about. I've never even been hit on by a girl (being in the closet certainly doesn't help), so it would have been pretty hard to find anyone to lose it with in the first place. Oh, whatever. I'm going to adopt a bunch of cats, if it doesn't work out.

4. BelleFromHell

That's also what I plan on doing... :lol:

5. CrazyAwkward

I agree with this. And no I haven't had sex yet either. I'm in no rush. It's not something I want until I get into a relationship with someone I trust.

6. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Don't have a card. The concept is highly overrated, imo.
    Haven't met a person yet who:
    A. I'm attracted enough to and close enough to
    AND
    B. Who felt similar about me.

Just to further clarify this point, it's not that I want to 'lose my viriginity to someone special in a perfect first time event'. It's that I feel no desire to have sex just for the sex.
    I can help myself just fine if need be. :icon_wink

7. The Wallflower

Virginity is such a stupid concept.

No, I haven't had sex.

No, I'm not jealous. I couldn't possibly care any less, actually.

I don't I could ever do it, either... :lol:

Time to start building doghouses.

8. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Still carrying. Pretty sure I'll carry it forever. Why? I have no clue what my orientation is. I am waiting for a person that I have a deep connection with. I'm scared. And, yes I am, or can get, extremely sexually frustrated.

9. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

My advice... Wait for that special person before you engage in all-the-way sex. It is so much more exciting, romantic, meaningful and dynamic when it's emotional and sexual... true passionate love. I know that's an outdated opinion, but I truly believe it.

I'm celibate because that special person is now gone. :frowning2:

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is..."-Bill Clinton

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think most people here would agree that you're not a virgin after genital contact of any kind with 2+ people involved (oral sex, penetration, etc). That would at least be my definition, even for straight couples.

As for me, Yeah I'm a "virgin" (quotes because I don't really believe in the concept or identify as one). Hell, I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

My main reason why is just that I prefer to stay celibate for the time being. If that changes so be it, but I'd rather wait for someone I'm interested in which has not happened yet.

12. If my hand doesn't count, then I'm still a virgin.

13. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *sadwave*

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh I still am and probably will for a while. Not by choice but whateva.

15. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's in my pocket:

[​IMG]

16. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't yet but I want to. Maybe my next girlfriend, if I ever get one.

17. dogeislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, as weird as this may sound, I wish I was still a virgin! Any sex I've had was never good. I'd like a good first time. But then again, most people I ask say their first time wasn't good. They were too young.

18. gershwinfan97

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, I don't know if the concept of virginity applies to same sex relationships entirely, per se.

I had read one article which suggested that for men (no offense intended to the women here), they don't have to worry about virginity because technically speaking they never had it to lose. Think about it: in older contexts, it referred to a certain piece of anatomy being altered in the woman during sex with a man. While the virginity was taken away from the woman by the man, you can't really say he lost his. While it may have been his first sexual experience (at least of that kind, since we're not talking about what he might have done with men), it might be a stretch to say that it constitutes a loss of virginity. Nothing physical is altered in the male.

By the same token, it's debatable whether in lesbian relationships women lose their virginity, since it's possible to have sexual pleasure without altering that piece of anatomy. Furthermore, if "loss of virginity" meant any "any sexual contact", then there would be a whole bunch of straight-identified people (judging from Yahoo Answers and other forums) who have done things with the same sex and thus wouldn't be virgins.

In my opinion, we can definitely say that people have sexual experiences for the first time, but I'm not sure if that can mean they are no longer virgins, or if the concept of virginity fits.

Then again, another source I've read claims that the word originally meant a woman who was unmarried (or "unclaimed" by a man), and says that it was not referring specifically to sex. Go figure.

19. C P

C P

Like Falling, I haven't even had a first kiss yet, so... >_>

20. ScatteredEarth

But that moment when you finally come face to face with them, it's amazing. It's what I thought intimacy would be, then multiplied by 10.

In case you couldn't infer from the above statement, yea, I lost it.