1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have some artistic talent (painting, singing, writing etc.)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wiseotter, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I play the acoustic guitar and know a tiny bit on the piano! I love the titanic melody so thats the song I've tried most to learn on piano. I also love abstract art. I can write really well also!

Absolutely love playing the guitar though.. It's definitely my escape when I've had a rough day! x

2. Justinian20

I'm a great writer in terms of creative writing. essays and other written work I'm not the best at. In drawing I am very good at drawing maps, but that is it, I cannot draw anything else. I'm not sure if I am good at singing but I love to sing at home and occasionally when I was at school I would perform for all the people. I do not have talent with instruments although I'd like to be able to create and play music. I am though a performer. I love acting, even though in the most recent play I was involved in I was just someone working on sound. I think it was because of cute boy who would've made me forget my lines that didn't get me involved in the acting aspect.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think I'm pretty good at storytelling, but I prefer telling my stories through visuals, like comics.

4. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I painted a stick figure correctly, it would be an accomplishment. My life is pretty interesting though, I feel like there's shit that happens to me that wouldn't happen to anyone else and everyone tells me I have the best stories / that I'm a good story-teller. If I took the time and effort, I could piece together some nice Tucker Max style work. That's about as far as my creativity goes.

Editor's Note: Alcohol tells me that I'm a boss at karaoke.

5. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to think I can draw/paint pretty well. It's probably the only thing I'm half decent at. Haha

6. Posthuman666

Abstract Expressionist at your service.

Translation: I like to throw paint.

I also (really want to ) write, and just took up bass guitar, so yea

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am good at visual arts (lots of styles, but mostly painting, ceramics, papercraft, and drawing) and music (classically trained). I think writing my least developed craft.

8. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can play guitar, bass and piano with varying degrees of competence, but I'm far from a great musician. Mostly I find it fun and relaxing, especially with a friend playing another instrument or singing.

9. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can scribble up some nice pictures I suppose, an I'm not to bad in the singin department neither!

10. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Drawing has been my thing since i was a kid. i also play the drums and my mom praise me when she hears me singing so I guess I'm good at that too haha.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm a 'creative engineer'. I'm actually at my best orchestrating others with their own talents -- writing, drawing, promoting -- and leading them. I've been called an anchor for teams, and that seems fitting.

But on my own, my strongest "artistic" talent would be story-telling and creative solutions. I can draw okay, but it isn't anything to really boast about. It simply allows me to illustrate my writing if need be. I can write and remedy all day though.

12. Kaboom

I sing, write, and play the guitar. It's good times! (!)
    I'm not amazing, but I'm really really not bad :lol:

13. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm getting better as an artist everyday, but I'm not all that great, yet.

I play the clarinet and am pretty good at it, and I've been told by many people that I'm a very talented singer (although I think they mostly say that because I sound good compared to the majority of tenors in my choir class who don't even try).

I guess I'm an okay writer, but I have such a vivid imagination that its sometimes difficult to convey the imagery I see in my head into words. Which, is why I'll never be a writer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can play a few instruments (fiddle; 6 years, guitar; 1 year, and piano; 6 years)

15. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    We should do a music collaboration on EC...like someone starts with drums and a melody or something simple like that, the next person adds guitars or keyboards, the next person adds bass, and on until there's a song.

16. Kaboom

The clarinet is a lovely sounding instrument. It was the first instrument I ever wanted to play. Never did learn how though. That's neat you can play it. :thumbsup:

17. choirsmash

I sing, I act, I play a few instruments, I dance (sort of), I paint, and I write.
    Singing is one of my passions. I've been in select vocal esembles, so I assume I'm pretty good.
    I'm alright at acting. I wouldn't say I'm incredible, but I'm alright. I can act pretty well especially after getting to know the character.
    I play piano and guitar. I wouldn't say I'm great at either of them, but I'm decent, still working on those though
    Dancing is something I'm not the best at, muddling through choreography is something I'm good at. I only dance if I have to for a role
    I've been painting since I was very young. Jackson Pollock was kind of my inspiration in the beginning. He still kind of is, but I've done more than just abstract since then.
    Writing is something I always think I suck at, but people always tell me I'm a good writer. I wrote a letter to one of my teachers, didn't edit it or anything. I didn't even try to make it well written, just wanted it to be completely genuine. He told me I was an awesome writer and I was like what.
    So yeah, those are my talents...

18. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a pretty good dancer. I really enjoy dancing and have taken a few dance classes before. I do also seem to be pretty good with the piano :slight_smile:

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

*Moves and grooves, then pose!*

I brought it, yo!

20. MercuryChan

MercuryChan Guest

I'm terrible at "artistic" writing, but I'm pretty great at essays and analytical writing!

I also play classical piano (this'll be my 9th year). I'm no prodigy, but I've won competitions before.