1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many lesbians on here are feminists?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LesbianThrasher, Jun 17, 2015.

1. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was wondering about this because a lot of people seem to think that all lesbians are feminists. I know that this ain't true because I myself despise feminism and I don't even want to be associated with that word. LOL

So, how many of you are feminists?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Lol nope. I'm a major feminist.

Lesbians (in my opinion) need feminism more than anyone because we face more misogyny than anyone else due to the fact lesbian hatred is only about us not being available to men.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By that definition, I'm an ally of the feminist movement, and wear that label with pride. Misogyny effects everyone, especially the LGBTQ community, who's discriminated against based off of people's perceptions of gender roles.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too. ^ I like being able to have a job other than cooking, cleaning and raising children. I also like sports. Without feminism, none of that would be possible for me.

#4 Awesome, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't use the label of feminist personally but in essence yes I am a feminist.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

*clicks ankles together*

Sieg Heil!

7. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hate that the world thinks men are superior to women, but i'm not a feminist.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, in my opinion, I wouldn't say that men are the superior race or anything but they definitely seem more capable of achieving things than women do. I realize women can do a lot of things men can do but there's things men are better at than women and there's things women are better at than men.

9. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i didn't say that i thought men are superior, i said the world thinks it. consider the rest of your post co-signed. strongly agree.

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

It's kinda obvious I am one.. If you've known me long enough.

11. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As much as I'm all about equality for women, I don't like what feminism has become: angry man-hating women. Obviously not all women who are hate men but a lot of them do. I also don't like that they seem to berate other women for liking sterotypically feminine things.

A while back I was listening a new song by Sleater-Kinney (great band!) and scrolled down to read a few comments about it. Someone wrote that finally SK are back to rid the music world of people like Taylor Swift because she sucks. Another poster wrote that she enjoys both SK AND TS. The original poster than proceeded to name-call and shame that girl because of her taste in music. I couldn't believe this person! Shouldn't we (women) be supporting each other regardless?

12. BelleFromHell

I'm a feminist and a lesbian, but I don't agree with the whole lesbian separatist thing or the radical man-hating that people tend to think of when they hear the word "feminist".

I believe that human beings; regardless of their sex, gender, or orientation; should be treated equally. It's as simple as that.

Damn it, Kaiser.

Sieg Heil!

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify myself as a feminist, but people who may quite possibly more knowledgeable than me are free to reject such classification.

I think that regardless of what one thinks of the movements to end sexist oppression, and regardless of what one things they should be called or what the political position should be called, women, and lesbians in particular suffer from violence and discrimination the centers around their gender. We can't ignore that, and lesbians need our love and protection as we move together.

(*hug*)

~ Adrienne

14. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself feminist simply because I believe in equality for men and women, and achieving that equality through, well, equality. As opposed to some "feminists" I like to distance myself from that seem to think in order to make females equal, they have to shove down men in the process. Equality doesn't involve taking away others' rights and sometimes the men-hating feminists think for women to be equal they have to completely vilify men.
    Personally, I think fundamentally most women are feminists. I mean, most everyone doesn't want to be stuck in the kitchen all day with a male-dominated society, right? Some people definitely take things too far, but simply wanting men and women to have the same opportunities is nothing to be ashamed of. Lesbians in particular have reason to care because sextist men can't control our lives in relationships.
    Just my two cents :slight_smile:

15. ApexxShadow

#Hellaintersectionalfeminist

16. Kaboom

I appreciate feminism... the ideal, the goal. I think in a way I am feminist. I believe in equality.

My broinlaw needed help with bringing in a dryer. "come help me. I need your lesbian muscles." :lol: moments like that I feel like we have really progressed as a society. He could have struggled to do it himself and then demand me to make him a sammich with my "lesbian hands"

17. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understood your post the first time. I don't understand where you thought that I thought that you said that men were superior. :confused:

Anyway, it's nice to know someone agrees with me, even if it may or may not be a popular opinion.:slight_smile:

18. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't understand why anyone who believes men and women are equal would not identify as a feminist. That is literally what that means. When women make jokes about hating men that's all it is, a joke. I tease straight people as a joke but that doesn't mean I think gay people are better. If you believe women are equal to men and should be treated as such, you are a feminist whether you use that specific word or not.

#18 ilovesg, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  19. Kaboom

I think because it gets a bad rep. People see that word and think the extreme. They don't want to be associated with the negative extreme side of it. I get what you're saying though, makes sense.

I believe in equal rights for everyone, not just women. If a man wants to hold open the door for me, I appreciate it. I hold the door open for men... it's just a polite thing to do lol

20. lesbian0pixie

Yeah, I'm a feminist. Not a weird man hating radical 'feminist,' though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: