1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZeroDarkness, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^ this ^
    Was quite disappointed.
    Dinosaurs looked fake, story was bland and incredibly predictable.
    Also filled with ludicrous plotholes, which led to the danger being the moronic humans, rather than the actual dinosaurs.
    About the only things I enjoyed were the park itself and the children (which I usually don't).
    Also disliked the pointless unresolved divorce plot and the forced romance
    Also the thinly veiled criticism of general audience was obvious and silly since the film itself exhibted the exact tropes it was whining about.

#41 Linthras, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jurassic World was a lot of fun and it had a lot of ambitious ideas. I don't think it always executed that well though. The movie wasn't long enough to establish a sense of wonder that the first Jurassic Park had before things started going bad. And the fight scene at the end with the T-rex and the raptors (plus the sea dinosaur) teaming up against the Indominous Rex was cool, but also blatant wish fulfillment.

I will say though, Chris Pratt was HOTTT in this movie!!! If I were in Claire's shoes (or high heels as critics have often made fun of), I would have been all over that man.

3. AAASAS

Why I hated the movie.

It was poorly put together, it seemed the producers wanted to show off as much as they can without caring about whether the plot flowed properly. IT didn't flow because the movie had poor progression, awkward scenes, and too much information without any background for you to give a shit.

The movies progression went at a strangely fast past, and ties in with how I said too much information was given and there were awkward scenes.

First off the two kids who are the main characters; there were too many fucking characters for any of them to properly develop, were unbelievably annoying. You are thrown into the movie with them being sent to the island by their parents, to spend some time with their aunt who run's a new theme park on the island. Within 2 minutes of being on the island, the kids go from being on a train talking about their parents getting a divorce; a cringe worthy and laughable scene, to being ditched by their aunt who I guess is too much of a bitch or busy to spend the time with her nephews. The nephews are clearly upset their aunt is too busy and the oldest one seems upset like it's happened before. There is never a mention of the divorce AGAIN in the movie, and you never learn why the Aunt seems to be previously hated; again confusing awkward and too much information. Are aunt's supposed to spend large amounts of time with their nephews? IS there a point of developing this back story about the kids parents divorce and their aunt being a chronic flake without ever mentioning it again? Nope.

Then there is Chris Pratt and his whole fiasco with being a raptor tamer, and some crazy hybrid dinosaur escaping, I'm not going to even mention the hybrid anymore because that was the lamest ploy at trying to be "original" I've ever seen in a sequel.

Chris Pratt was your typical badass with poorly written jokes and one liners, I honestly didn't get a feel for his character at all other than it was Chris Pratt. He's jus a pissed off Raptor tamer, and he punches a U.S military guy who wants to buy the raptors for the army for absolutely no reason. WE never learn why he has such hatred for the guy other than he wants to buy his raptors, that's not a good enough reason to punch someone in the face, and for someone playing the protagonist I was confused as to why he was such a dick, but I guess I was supposed to just accept it's Christ Pratt and that's he's awesome. Again, casting big stars in movies ruins them, I didn't feel at all for his character, I didn't care if he lived or died, I felt more for the supposed "evil" raptor obsessed Military Guy who got punched for no reason.

I didn't care for the kids, they never developed their own personalities, they were just generic run of the mill american kids, whose parents are getting divorced, and mentioning it once was supposed to make me sympathetic towards them?

I don't know, there is so much wrong with the movie, literally every little part of it was garbage.

Chris Pratt talking to his raptor pack, but then the hybrid talks back to them and turns them on him. Like raptors talking to eachother? And interspecies random hybrid dinosaurs talking to raptors and turning them evil? IT was fucking stupid beyond belief, the hybrid literally had every animal you can imagine in it, I was dying of laughter at the scene when the guy was explaining what they put in it.

I could go on and on and on and on about how horrible the movie was, it looked cool, that's about it, the characters were a flop, OH YA Chris Pratt and that girl ending up having romantic interest and hooking up at the end, talk about lazy fucking writing, I didn't have the faintest feeling of any chemistry building up between them and then at the end I'm supposed to buy that he can just kiss her? Producers only put that in there because he's Chris Pratt and people are dumb enough to call a pile of shit with Chris Pratt standing in it "entertainment".

4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Wow…I was going to tell everyone how much I loved it! And that I went to see it on opening night but now I'm not so sure I think I don't like anymore? What have you done 0.o haha you've ruined it! :lol:

5. Lyana

I'm glad I went to see it, because, you know, Jurassic World. The Jurassic Park movies are so much my childhood (like everyone else). And I had fun watching the movie. Maybe a little too much fun, actually: there were moments where I had to laugh at the ridiculousness.
    (Obviously, this is going to contain spoilers, but if you're already here...)

The good:
    - Debatable, but I, at least, thought the raptor training was a really fun touch. Owen as their alpha was cool.
    - The park. I really wish we could have seen more of it. I didn't feel the same "Wow" factor as I did in the first film. But what we did see was nice. I loved the petting zoo.
    - The callbacks to the first movie. Okay, maybe there were a bit too many... but come on. The first movie is why we were there in the first place! When they found the remains of the old park and the music started playing, I wanted to laugh and cry all at once.
    - The kids. I actually felt they were very real. Sure, stereotypical and not much character development, but how many guys do I know who were like Zach at that age? A lot. Besides, brothers bonding. It was really sweet.
    - The failed kiss from the guy who stays behind, with the girl who has a boyfriend. I liked that.
    - The French. I laughed every time Omar Sy said something in French.

The less good:
    - I felt the 3D was underused. A movie with dinosaurs is exactly the kind of movie where they could have done amazing things... But most of the time, you felt like it would have been the same in 2D. I was kind of disappointed -- I was expecting it to be visually spectacular even if I thought the story was going to be laughable, and it... wasn't.
    - As I said, I loved the raptor training... but I'm kind of sad they went from being the enemies and the scariest dinosaurs in the previous films, to being these cute adorable little things. I mean, I personally thought they were super cute.
    - Forced romance, because there has to be a romance. I mean, I liked Owen, and I even kind of liked Claire... kind of... but it was just too obvious right from the start.
    - The final battle. Not a big fan of the deus ex machina.

The ridiculous:
    - The Indominus Rex. I'm sorry, but... she didn't scare me, which sucks since she's the villain. She made me laugh. Every time they listed what was in her DNA I just laughed. Oh, of course she can be invisible, we put this DNA in her. Oh, and she can speak to raptors, she has this DNA. (Speak. They were speaking. Never mind DNA, I don't even speak the same language as most humans, and the I-Rex speaks fluent raptor?) Also, she can camouflage, but doesn't really use it. And they never seem to feel or hear her coming, even though she must be super heavy...
    - Going after the I-Rex with tranqs. Riiiight. Clever boys.
    - The kids fixing a car that's been there for twenty years. Really? They had everything they needed to fix it in that old dump? Right. Right.
    - Claire's heels and white clothes. No. Just, no. The worst part is that Owen tells her she'll never survive in those heels, and then guess what? She outruns a T-Rex in heels. I mean, really? Who seriously thinks, "Yeah, maybe I can lead the T-Rex to the I-Rex... I guess I don't need to remove my shoes or anything." If she had sprained her ankle or something, it would have been much better.

6. Gallatin

Finally got around to seeing it this weekend. Amazing - loved every minute of it. For me, it struck some nice nostalgic chords without being overwrought. I thought the special effects were great. Overall, I loved it and thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while, and one of a few that had me truly on the edge of my seat.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

I just came back from seeing it, I thought it was great. Nothing beats three giant dinosaurs fighting! But I wasn't expecting it to have a really great plot or dialogue, I just wanted something fun. I just saw it in 2D, I usually don't bother with 3D.

8. animegeek

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I havent seen jurrassic park but i saw jurassic world a while ago and it was great

9. azurekite700

azurekite700 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw Jurassic World a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was okay.