1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZeroDarkness, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just saw Jurassic World in IMAX 3D, and it was great. Seriously. Like go see it as soon as you can. That is all.

2. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been waiting for this movie. I dug out my Lost World denim jacket in anticipation.

3. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to see Jurassic World but I don't know if it'll be as good as I expect it to be.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm hopefully going to see it next weekend.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Without spoilers, what did you guys like about the movie? Just curious, cause I didn't have much interest in it based on the trailers

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure, great in Imax, but how is it as a movie? Without the special effects?

7. C P

C P

Just came from seeing it and that was f*ckin' great!

That'd be a tough thing to do, honestly.

8. Xochipilli

I wasn't too interested in Jurassic World, but my brother has been oddly excited about it. So we're going to see it later. I'll probably like it. (!)

9. RainbowDude

RainbowDude Guest

I want to go and see it but am not sure if it will be as good as the other three Jurassic park films.

The trailer makes it seem quite exciting so I'll probably go watch it at some point. Shame there's not an IMAX near where I live though.

10. C P

C P

Three pretty much sucked for what it was(even if it was still good to a degree), so you shouldn't have anything to worry about then.

JW was far better than the third, better than the second, and definitely rivals the original, if you want my opinion on some sort of ranking.

11. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As stated above, it's difficult to say what I liked without spoiling it. However, I will do my best. I think they did a fantastic job with the park (was beautiful looking, and seemed like a legitimate dino-themed amusement park). They also did a great job of bringing back elements from the originals, I guess fan service basically.

Beyond that, they did a great job with casting, my only complaint is that they had quite a lot of censorship to keep the PG-13 rating. Didn't make too much sense to me, especially seeing as the majority of the fans for the movies should be old enough to see an R rated movie. But maybe they wanted it to be more kid-friendly, who knows.

All in all, it was a fantastic movie in my opinion. I would highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of the originals :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2015 at 03:34 PM ----------

Well, that's hard to say (since everyone has their own opinions on what they like or don't like). Personally, I would say it's right up there with the original movies.

I would almost say I liked it better than the originals, except for the fact that they had a better "scary" factor, and were the originals. Kind of like how I will always like the original Star Wars movies best.

12. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going to see it tonight with some buds. It looks awesome.

13. The Wallflower

Just know that you will feel the same excitement you felt as you watched the originals. It is THAT good at capturing Jurrassic Park's original essence. It's simply amazing, and the older brother is just... ugh! <3

14. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To prepare myself for this movie, I binge watched the first three movies, so my memory is fresh and I can easily compare them.

It was SO GOOD! Just everything about it was awesome. The only thing that annoyed me was the final climax, they kinda ended it in a cheap way IMO. Without spoilers, I'll just say that it was predictable once they neared the tank.

Here is my list of favorites to least favorite with reasons. WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE 1ST THREE MOVIES.

I honestly would rank JW as #1.
    It obviously had the best CGI, had a great story-line, and good characters. IMO the only thing that was missing was character development. Mainly on Zach and Gray. I mean, I will be honest and say almost 90% of their scnes together were character development, but it just felt a little cliche with the older sibling being kinda bored/not caring and has to realize he needs to stick together with his younger sibling.

#2 is the first movie. Great characters, good story-line. I rank it as #2 just because it's the first and it was overall good, however they barely showed many dinosaurs and that loses points for me. They basically only had the raptors, rex, and the triceratops.

#3 is the second movie. By far the best characters (Though his daughter at times was annoying, at least she was smart) however the plot was a little boring, and it ended really anti-climatic for me.

#4 is the 3rd movie. It was okay, but the kid that got lost was annoying and unrealistic, no way he could survive 8 weeks without dying, whether it's by being eaten, starvation, or illness. Also, the fact that they moved it to the mainland for the finale was lame and wasted any good finale would could have gotten. I mean how could she have killed the driver when her head can't even fit inside?

I can't wait for the sequels, I really hope they use some more underrated dinosaurs as the antagonist though. Oh, can the raptors be the right size for once? Real Velociraptors were like, the size of a large chicken.

15. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Loved the film! Went full fanboy at seeing the final showdown. Only bits that annoyed me was that they didn't make it clear enough that the bits about InGen being a at least partially military organisation all of a sudden was hinting at sequels (as I have explained below) and that Claire doesn't get nearly enough recognition from her nephews for saving Owen more than once – though of course he does heroic acts one after the other in the film.

Some answers to questions that have been asked:
    1) sequels will likely be based on the non-entertainment applications of dinosaurs, as Colin Trevorrow mentioned. This is hinted at by Dr Wu and Vic Hoskins' actions in Jurassic World, with Wu succeeding in at least escaping with his research. This research potentially contains the info on how to make the mini Indominus Rexs for military/field use that Hoskins mentions he and Wu had been planning to put into action.

2) Wu mentions that many of the dinosaurs don't look the way they naturally look (that is, with proto-feathers) because of their spliced DNA. Though it is mentioned that almost all of the regular dinosaurs have pure, natural genomes in Jurassic World (because they no longer rely just on amber and mosquitoes but also soft tissue fibres found in bones (oddly enough a very similar discovery was just made by scientists investigating old museum bones: 'Blood cells' found in dino fossils - BBC News)), dinosaurs such as the T-Rex (Rexy) and the velociraptors do not have pure genomes, either because they were from the original park or because they were made this way, respectively. It can arguably be assumed that Wu takes the view that if people are expecting large velociraptors, that is what should greet them at Jurassic World.

#15 Connorcode, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  16. Meebinator

Meebinator Guest

I loved it. So amazing! :slight_smile:

17. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I may go to the 11:40 showing tonight. I feel awkward going to a movie by myself but I really want to see it.

18. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't be, I went by myself and it was still awesome, even if I had a couple sitting right in front of me and a bunch of groups around me, I still enjoyed it. It's like going to dinner by yourself, a fun treat all, and only, for you.

19. Meebinator

Meebinator Guest

I went by myself also

20. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just got back from seeing it a second time. Yes, it is just as good a second time :slight_smile: