1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not allowed to shave my head..?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Scaliion, May 23, 2015.

1. Scaliion

I already have a short hair but it's kinda messy and I would like to have more guyish haircut or shave it. I tried to ask my mom to get me a haircut but she refuses saying she will get me a haircuts when iy gets long. I feel like it's her hair not mine. She was ice about to kill me because I cut it my self. I have a money and I can go to a salon and get it right away but I'm afraid from her reaction and she might kick me.

2. blackhatguy

If she considered it an improvement that might be ok. But what she considers improvement and what you do are probably different

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you honestly think she may kick you out then I don't think its worth losing your home for a haircut... But if your mom is like mine she may be completey against it but she would never kick me out... In which case, why not do it? It's your choice if you're paying for it!

4. nohalos

Hm, if your mom's reaction could get real bad then I would suggest against it. I know you just want to express yourself but if she'd get violent then I'd rather not risk your safety.

5. wasgij

Maybe you could help prepare her, by saying:
    "mum, I'm getting a hair-cut whether you like it or not. But, because I'm such a nice person, you can help me choose the style that I've chosen from some Google pictures..."

And you just show her some styles that you like. Even if she hates them all equally, at least she won't be shocked, and she'll feel like she had some influence.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^what person above said.
    Also would give you a chance to gauge her reaction. Compromise if you have to. Find a middle ground you can both work with.

But in the end, if she threatens to kick you out or hurt you then don't do it. A haircut isn't worth being unsafe.

7. Scaliion

I would rather do it. I hate it Herre and I have many places to go so..

8. Sam I Am

If you have safe places to go, then do that first. Get out, build your own life securely apart from her, and then do whatever the heck you want. If you're no longer dependent on her, then she has no power over you - if she wants to stay a part of your life, she has to accept what you really are.