1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video games that some times you take too seriously.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, May 21, 2015.

1. Theo Weiss

I take many RPGs a bit too seriously. Mainly Fallout 3 and New Vegas, literally I will play for hours on end and become so enveloped in the gameplay that I barely talk to anyone. I like to think of myself as the Lone Wanderer :lol:

2. ConfusedMochi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Back in the day Skyrim was my life, I gave up on eating because I was so addicted. Right now it's Bloodborne :slight_smile:

3. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The only video games I've ever really played are The Sims, KingdomHearts, LegoHarry Potter, and a few cooking games here and there, but I took them all way too seriously xD

4. nohalos

I think I only have quarter of a brain. But I'd love to test it out. I saw it on Teens React and I thought they were noobs! And that was coming from me!

5. Lazuri

I think you should give it a shot. Since it's based around logic and pattern recognition, it's actually a really great mental exercise to play it.

6. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    I take alot of RPGs very seriously but currently i am deeply involved with the entirety of the dragon age series. I love and want to know more of every single little thing about DA. Present me with anything DA related and i'm jumping right to it.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any building game. Terraria, Minecraft, Starmade.... If someone destroys my hard work I flip my shit. :confused:

8. I am a moose

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I've cried over that game smh

9. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I take RPG's really seriously! But to be honest I don't like losing when it comes to video games. The feeling when you spend hours on something and then you loose, ugh I can't. I'm better now, but I literally punched a hole in the wall one day as a kid. So I'm tamed now.

Right now Mario Kart 8 I take to the extreme. Racing games are the worst for me.

10. Rapha Lover

I don't know exactly, but I could be race, rpg and fps games. I feel inside of me a duty to win ever time and never lose/die.

LOL
    :grin:

11. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehem! ............MORTAL KOMBAT!!

At least I did back when I was a kid... The new ones are really gross... I mean, a lot of people say that the ultra violent gore is an essential part to the series... But something people forget is that graphics back then were pretty low and the violence was really cartoony, so it was easy to stomach... Now though? My god, it's like all the creativity has been sucked out of the game and it's all "how ridiculously violent and nauseating can we make this game?" I mean, the first time they did it? I was cool with it, cause hey! It's actually sort of funny to make the alleged most violent and gory game of the 90's into a truly unstomachably violent reboot! But making it the new permanent style of the game? That just sucks....

Fighting games have always been one of my favorite genre and ironically I went from the ultra violent MK to my current fighting game obsession... SUPER.... SMASH BROOOTHERRRS~ Which is much more accessible and kid friendly game..

I do get really into other games, and RPGs are my all time favorite genre... But fighting games? SERIOUS BIZ! xP

12. Endrea

I used to be obsessed with Dark Souls, have played it many times, watched a lot of Let's plays and lore videos, generally tried to learn as much about the game as possible.

13. Froot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    World of Warcraft used to be like, a srs bsns "job" for me. Other than that, sometimes when I play Call of Duty for fun, I get really competitive and super-focused. Oh and sometimes GTAV, especially when racing lol

14. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Serious Sam - First Part .. was crazily obsessed with it -_-
    I was like 'I have to complete this level. It's the goal of my life' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Other than that when I first completed GTA Vice City, my next goal was like, how fast can i complete the game again ..! Go figure :|

#34 || Kheya ||, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  15. Knave

I take every game too seriously. But the worst would have to be any competitive game on the N64. I've had one game of Mario Kart that ended with an actual fight. And countless games of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Mario Party that ended with broken friendships, though we always forgave each other in the end.

16. Ryu

Ryu

Basically any JRPG. Me playing monster hunter = @£@£*%#@£€\€~+'&/@/'*~$]++~' f@;197;£^}+'£:angry::angry:(!! Yay I own you you +~$!~!~ +#' 94!!/ *{+{'

Basically it's all loud swearing. I think I almost broke my ds rage qutting once.

17. BluhImCourtney

Um... I'm guilty of taking Town of Salem too seriously some times...

Especially if the jailor is a complete douchebag and kills you for no f***ing reason, or when I get killed as an amnesiac the night before I remember being a survivor... I can never get that achievement. ._.

18. xfinitycomcast

I always take Guitar Hero way too seriously, I get really into it because it's something that I love but I take it way too seriously for it to be healthy.

19. League of Legends for sure. LoL is a multiplayer game and if one person doesn't carry his/her weight, it could get to my head. Also, the fighting could get intense.

20. Lazuri

Though to be fair, those LoL arguments have spawned some of the best conversations I've ever read.

Such as:
    "I like to smite their little wraiths. Let them know I mean fucking business."

"Fuck you, Graves. I called AD carry."
    "Cry me a river, you little bitch... And put a ward in it."

"Sona, I know you like that ward collection in your bag, but I think they'd look better in the river."
    "No. Fuck you. Throw your BF sword in the river."

And

"This Kog'maw would solve world hunger if he went 0/11/1 to Africa isntead of Graves."