1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you marry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 447, May 17, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

For me it would depend upon how much it meant to my significant other. If they proposed to me and it meant a lot to them, I couldn't say no.

However I am personally against gay marriage. I don't agree with subscribing to traditional heterosexual rites of passage to validate our own relationships and affections. To me that puts their ceremonies on a pedastal above ours - why should traditionally heterosexual ceremonies be the measure and approval of our love?

I would really like to see a different name and different ceremony for gay marriages.

EDIT - I want to make clear that I do think that homosexual relationships are equal to heterosexual ones, of course. But this is equal in terms of validity - equally valid does not mean the same. Their very essence is different. I think there should be more homosexual culture and rites of passage, not adaptation of heterosexual ones. To me that says that we have to fit into their expectations to be accepted which should not be the case.

#21 Sek, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yes and yes : )

I want to adopt.

And I would definitely like to marry Prince/Princess/Non-binary royal Charming someday :slight_smile:

3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure, I'd just want to be able to make sure the person I care about is happy for the rest of their life. As far as kids, I've thought about adoption before, but then I've thought about living without them too. I guess I'd have to talk about that with my spouse :slight_smile:

4. Queero

Yeah, I'd like to get married if I can somehow find someone who will care about me as much as I'll care about them.

I want to adopt yeah. I love kids, and they love me. I work in childcare and at the end of a crazy day I still want children. So I'm going to find someone who also wants that, and then I'll go for it.

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I want to marry someone. But that someone has to be someone I have been with for a long time. And yes, I also want to have kids. I dont care if its from adoption or surrogacy

6. robclem21

If things keep going as well as they are, it's only a matter of time before I propose to my boyfriend. I would love to be married and we both want a lot of kids :slight_smile:

7. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I picture myself getting married and having a family some day. I always have.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe. Maybe not. But I don't want to have kids so we'll see.

9. Serph990

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Absolutely! I have an incredibly nurturing and emotionally caring personality and I think I'd be suited for the parent role. Adopting of course is the option and I wouldn't want to have it anyway. I've always wanted to have a son tbh just so I can instill in him positivity and courage from the perspective of someone who's gay because I feel male youth are so overwhelmed with incredibly skewed and negative self perceptions and ideas of the world around, I just want to be able to mentor a child to be empathetic, open minded, caring,compassionate, individualistic as well as a collectivist, harboring good ideals of course, and be able to think, reason and spread love. So yes, I most definitely would love to be married to a loving man and have lovely kids! Now if that's in my destiny and I meet him then I'd be so overjoyed but if not I can't do anything about that.

10. Foz

Foz Guest

Yes and yes!! I knew I wanted to have a family since I was 9 years old. I know it's nice to be free and not tied down, but after a time surely everyone must question it? Despite all the crap things, I have a pretty awesome life and I am dying to share it with someone and then littler people.

Without kids I would feel, kinda empty.

11. twister692

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Currently I am in a no marriage, no kids mindset. Then again, I've never been in love. The right guy may change that, you never know!

12. C P

C P

I think marriage is overrated, personally, so I have nothing in the cards for that as of now. Kids I'm back and forth about though.

13. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would marry if polygamy was legal.

Children? Nah.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No marriage, no kids. I don't even want a relationship.

15. MrSkittles

Yes, I would love to get married in the future. And Kids? Yes I would like to have kids. 2 Preferably. 1 Boy,1 Girl.

16. I would marry, but it's not essential. Probably not for a long time though. Kids? my mom wants me to have them someday, I'm not sure yet.

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd definitely plan on getting married sometime down the road and having children either through in-vitro or adoption. Family has always been something that's been important for me.

18. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Marriage.. most likely not, really have no interest in the legal stuff, but I would like a boyfriend/relationship that lasted forever.

Kids.. Without a doubt no, absolutely never.

19. BlueRam13

BlueRam13 Guest

Yes, I would love to get marry and have children with my future wife:slight_smile:

20. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Married-Yes, Kids-no.