1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it ok to give out flavored condoms to trick-or-treaters?

2. TraceElement

This codine ain't no joke. I have ulcers on my tonsils, throat and hangy ball. Still hurts but I will sleep good tonight.

3. Burnedcloset

Things have been weird lately. I need to rest. No tvs shows today it seems...

4. candyjiru

What a lovely way to start my morning~~ <3

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Since folks are curious about the incident with the two strippers...

About two nights ago, a fellow I knew years ago was coming into town, and wanted to meet me to catch up. He revealed to me that he is attending the Halloween party I am tomorrow night, and that he's bringing those two strippers.

Usually at this Halloween party, if anybody strips, it's those at the party on the pole in the pool room/bar. But apparently this year, they're wanting to take it a little further...

... needless to say, I'm curious.

It's weird. I haven't sold drugs in years, but when I attend this and the New Year's Eve party, folks still ask me about getting back into it...

But even though I don't sell, I'll direct someone to a connection -- for a price, of course. I'm not stupid.

6. Kaboom

Sweet love. The purple package skittles are the besssssst.

Strippers? What?

#7386 Kaboom, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

no the blue ones

8. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My dad's coming to visit me tomorrow! I haven't seen him in months, I'm really looking forward to this! :icon_bigg

I feel a bit sad that I won't be spending xmas with him, but all my siblings are going to my mother's, so I figured I'd go there to celebrate with them. Oh well, there's always next year.

9. Burnedcloset

No the green sour ones.

10. MrSkittles

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

yeah but they cut your tounge up if you eat too many

12. Burnedcloset

That's the best part
    :badgrin:

Anyway, happy Halloween fellow EC'ers

13. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thinking about the whole Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume controversy....

I found a petition at change.org about a month ago or so with the headline "Stop Exploiting Caitlyn Jenner with a Transphobic Costume"
    Here is the message that I signed from change.org.....

To Spirit Halloween: We demand that you revoke your ideas and production of a Caitlyn Jenner costume for Halloween. With a reputation of sexist, racist, and culturally appropriative costumes, we are concerned that this costume will continue your oppressive tradition with a transphobic costume of Caitlyn Jenner. Yes, as your PR and marketing head Trisha Lombardo stated in an interview, Caitlyn Jenner is a hero and celebrated in modern day culture, but that doesn't excuse the exploitation and transphobia you'll be committing this Halloween. To make a costume out of a marginalized identity reduces that person and community to a stereotype for privileged people to abuse. In this case, if you follow through with production of a Caitlyn Jenner costume, cisgender people will purchase it to make fun of her and our community. At a time when trans women and GNC folx, especially black trans women, are being murdered at such a high rate, and homelessness, unemployment, and inaccessbility to healthcare run rampant in our community, making fun of one or all of us is utterly insensitive and deplorable.

Furthermore, if your intent was truly to celebrate our community by having a costume of trans hero, you should have seriously considered trailblazers from Stonewall such as Miss Major, Marsha P Johnson, or Sylvia Rivera, but with your record of problematic costumes it seems best to avoid turning anyone in our community into a costume for your own profit. Do not turn Caitlyn Jenner into a costume. Your profit will only lead to greater transphobia and marginalization of an already at-risk community.

Much appreciated,
    Addison Rose Vincent Transfeminine Genderqueer Activist
    --------------------------------------------------------
    When signing this petition and posting it to facebook I added my own thoughts to the petition....
    I wouldn't want the costume to exploit transpeople, however if someone wears a white dress similar to Caitlyn's, or a similar outfit to the Vanity fair cover in order to empower themselves to discover find, and explore their own gender identity rather than "dressing up" during the Halloween season, I wouldn't want to prevent that. Just don't make it into a joke or exploitative costume that could be damaging for trans people.

I also decided later to add this to the post after reading some articles and finding out Spirit Halloween had released a statement after getting flack about this "costume"....
    Or if they don't use the costume as a way to mock transpeople or something like that.

Spirit Halloween response to being attacked for being transphobic for carrying a Caitlyn Jenner "costume"....
    Spirit went into spin mode, releasing a statement calling Olympic athlete, reality TV star and equality activist Jenner “the most important real-life superhero of the year.” Said the company: “Spirit Halloween is proud to carry the costume that celebrates her.”
    --------------------------------------------------
    So my thoughts now are if they using it as hero costume and it doesn't seem to be going away, I feel they should probably have a notice or something on the front packaging or something that says something along the lines of....
    "Spirit Halloween is proud to carry the costume that celebrates Caitlyn Jenner, please do not wear this costume as way to mock or exploit trans people, for further info please go to Spirit Halloween's site videos about an example of what would be a mocking or exploiting action towards trans people"( And they could make some video's and collaborate with some trans individuals) or some message similar to this which would perhaps makes the costume less exploitative.

Maybe I could send a message to Spirit Halloween? any thoughts?

#7394 NaomiB, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Utter frustration is defined by seeing my mother post a picture on FB about having "three beautiful daughters".

TWO. You have TWO daughters, and you have two sons. You just refuse to acknowledge one as a son, or have not realized yet that I am not a female, and still seeing myself referred to as such feels like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer.

#7395 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  15. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really wish I was doing something for Halloween, I should really just avoid the internet today so I don't feel so down seeing everyone so happy. Too bad I don't have any sense. At least I'll get to deal with loud trick or treaters, so I suppose that counts as something.

I just miss the days where I got to crave pumpkins, but apparently I'm "too old" for that now and seeing people on Facebook with beautifully lit pumpkins doesn't help. I wish my parents didn't hate Halloween so much. Oh well, I guess it's time to celebrate a normal day. Yay... :icon_sad:

16. DinelodiiGitli

Tachycardia is a pain.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sure hope you're not the one with it!

18. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you come out to your mom? (*hug*)

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny how Halloween is so dysphoria inducing. And I try to avoid anything Caitlyn related for my own mental sanity but to exploit her like that is like exploiting Martin Luther King Jr for Halloween.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.