1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApexxShadow

shit I have a crush help

2. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How much is my ear piercing going to cost + hurt.

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Which part are you getting pierced?

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a day.....Going to an old friend's funeral visitation and going to the department of human services giving me the run around. Human services wouldn't accept my paperwork, so I had to go take the paperwork to the busy post office.

Then, trying to prepare for my uncle's wedding. Meijer and WalMart had no tie tacks/clips. It is just as hard as I thought to find a card for a same sex wedding. This is ridiculous. I demand greeting card equality by 2016!

Hopefully, I can just chillax and enjoy tomorrow.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having spent today making a lot of inquiries, I'm pretty sure I want to study law next year, despite previously feeling that I might not really want to. I feel indecisive, but I know I would love it.

Making this choice is so stressful.

6. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trying to get my willpower together and try to quit smoking again. Ever since splitting from the ex and wanting to just live as "out", I feel this huge need to reinvent myself. Quit smoking, exercise my way to a nice 6pk before I'm 40 and if I can accomplish those I wanna hit up the tattoo shop on my 40th so I can get a piece across my back that I have wanted for forever.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Work is going to be fun today. We received a bunch of donations this week, and almost all of the books are from some local veterans library. Basically, I'm being paid to put up books on the American Civil War and the two World Wars.

I think that about covers it...

Going to work now.

8. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man, it's nice to have one of those brief moments of calm in the midst of all the crazy gender stuff. I am going to enjoy the heck out of this for as long as it plans to last - stop thinking about my name, stop thinking about my pronouns, listen to some nice music and draw and...enjoy.

Also, sports bras. Where have sports bras been all my life? I am quite enamoured with sports bras as a happy medium between wearing my regular bras and binding.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Warcraft account got hacked--it's really strange how violated I feel.

10. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I swear I'm getting out of this chair and heading for the gym...I just seemed to have misplaced my motivation.

11. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm excited to go back to college after taking last semester off...

BUT I have social anxiety so I'm super frakkin nervous at the same time :icon_redf Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Maybe I'll just think about the dancing banana and how happy and energetic it is (!)

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2015 at 10:18 AM ----------

This is intriguing, and a good question.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And let the three-day weekend begin..

13. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

My aunt is with us from travelling the states and brought my family all these gifts from across America, and I was told by my mother to be surprised when I received my gift, which turned out to be...a Trilby. When I first saw that, I felt so vacant inside, because I made a vow to myself never to get a Trilby or even put one on, and I already have a real fedora (a REAL one, with a wide brim and everything), so imagine my disappointment when I had to break my vow and force myself to put on this negative symbol of autism just to appease my aunt. I tried my best to explain the negative connotations to her, but my mother was trying to hold me back, and my aunt didn't seem to understand. She think's it's still a fashion statement to wear it. I'm not a hipster, I have no need for a Trilby in my hat collection. I have so much anxiety knowing I can't throw the hat away without upsetting my aunt. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve this fate, an utter insult to people like me. :icon_sad:

14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to ask, because I'm a fedora guy myself, but what does a Trilby have to do with a negative connotation with autism? I've never heard anything about that before.

15. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm doing everything but studying for my national exams, which starts in 2-3 weeks. Screwed big time.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be hard to find one specifically for a gay couple, but the one I sent to my ex-uncle and his new husband was just a generic "Congratulations, may your years ahead together be happy" kind of card that didn't mention the sex of the wedding participants at all.

#4656 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  17. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I honestly don't know myself, I just understand that if you wear a Trilby, it automatically means you're a hipster, or a brony, or some other form of severely autistic man. I learned about it myself when I was still working for Encyclopedia Dramatica, and it's pretty much a given that they're bad news for autistic people, as it's basically putting a target on your head for people to shoot very negative comments towards you, and to do other unmentionable things, almost like shooting fish in a barrel. Luckily, my aunt finally understands what I meant about the negative connotations, and is going to give it to my cousin who doesn't care about the social ramifications of the hat style. At least I can go back to wearing my black trucker hat and actual fedora instead.

18. Lyana

I'm ravenous. This is weird to me. I rarely get really hungry.

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since when are hipsters seen as autistic men? They're usually stereotyped as indie, hating the mainstream, drinking lattes, buying organically-sourced food, donning large beards and buying apartments in rundown areas and out-pricing the locals (and then complain about gentrification). A lot of them wear those hats but I have never in my life heard of them being associated with severely autistic people.

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/ghsuw7-l-610x610-t+shirt-white-cardigan-trilby-band+t+shirt-smiths-music+shirt.jpg

^^ does that dude look severely autistic to you?

#4659 imnotreallysure, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  20. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Why are you getting upset over my example? That wasn't the point of the argument anyway. And have you seen this example of a Trilby wearer, too? V V V

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k9vZMmk0HPk/U0EmQrKKrHI/AAAAAAAAQIM/iniBHTfK7XE/s1600/neckbeard-trilby.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.