1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by confusedperson2, May 8, 2015.

1. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    :tears:I don't know what I am...let alone who...I was born a girl but never really felt like a girl. I wear men's clothing and bind my chest in secret. My family doesn't know. I thought I was just lesbian with a much more masculine side...then as an experiment I started chest binding and I love it. Now I always wear a bow tie or a tie prefer male pronouns and find myself recoiling at putting on a skirt or wearing a bra. But then again there are those extremely rare moments when I want to be girly but it hardly ever happens...so what am I? You tell me cause I am getting really tired of trying to figure it out...I'm scared and I feel alone...:bang::tears::bang:

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are an amazing person! Everywhere you look on this forum you will find people who accept you for who you are, they identify with your doubts and fears. You are most likely trans-male but this is up to you to decide. This does not mean you need to transition or do anything that you feel uncomfortable about, take it one step at a time until you feel comfortable and happy with your body and who you are. (*hug*)

3. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

(*hug*) thank you :slight_smile: I'm just really nervous and I have no one else to turn to but here

4. bi2me

I'm glad you found us then! I am not much help in this matter, but I'm reading and cheering you on...

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here's two articles that a friend shared with me about doubt and acceptance that might be helpful for you:

The Null HypotheCis and on-being-sure

Just a week ago, I was lying in bed, shaking with fear about what it would mean if I really was trans. It really can be terrifying. However, every day that passes, I learn something new and everything seems much less threatening. Change can be hard, but when you break it down to small steps, make one tiny step after another. Suddenly, what seemed impossible, becomes a reality.

(*hug*)

Yael

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ read these articles, they are very helpful

7. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    the above articles were great and they helped a lot (*hug*) at least i don't feel so alone or scared anymore that this is a normal thing everyone on this journey goes through...thank again!!

--Brendan