1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favourite pokemon generation!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 404dotexe, Apr 27, 2015.

?

what pokemon gen is your favourite

1. Gen 1

26.7%
  2. Gen 2

16.7%
  3. Gen 3

16.7%
  4. Gen 4

20.0%
  5. Gen 5

6.7%
  6. Gen 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All of them!

13.3%
  1. 404dotexe

Thanks to anyone who votes!

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Generation IV
    Diamond / Pearl / Platinum

Chimchar, Piplup, and Turtwig, are all amazing as Starters.
    The diversity in each area of Sinnoh is, also, amazing. Wetlands, snow, etc.
    The music, IMO, is the best in the series. From trainer to Gym Leader battles.
    The Underground area was underrated, and a cool concept, especially for Fossils.
    The Fashion Shows were, both, fun and competitive. Obtaining new gear/accessories was enjoyable.
    Lots of love for Generation I & II with evolutions, like Magnezone, Magmortar, and Mismagius.

And Cynthia. <3

[​IMG]

Best damn Poke'mon Champion. Ever.​

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generation IV

There's so many things I love about this Generation:

~ My favorite Pokemon and evolution line.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~ Gardenia is the BEST character ever! She's like a female version of me!
    [​IMG]

~ Big fan of evolution (not Mega evolution tho) and this Generation introduces many evolution from the past Generations! Leafeon <3

~ One of the best Generation when it comes to anime. Many interesting characters here introduced! Cynthia, Nando, Cheryl, Lucian... AND MANY MORE!

~ Great Legendaries! The Time and Space and Otherworld is brilliant! Plus, the "God" of Pokemon!

Oh, and Kaiser
    [​IMG]

4. Lyana

1st generation. I think because I grew up playing Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on my Game Boy, so they'll always have that special place in my heart. And I never watched the show past the first gen. I love the pokemon designs.
    I very much enjoyed playing 3rd generation, though, and pretty much like all of them.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Counting remakes, Gen 4, because I Diamond and Heartgold are my favourites :grin:

6. 404dotexe

I put all, but I would have to say gen 4 now as that as the one I grew up with and played the most! And platinum was a long game with a lot of story

7. Jellal

I like Gen 5 the most because Pokemon White was the first pokemon game I ever played to completion. I HATED the sequel though.

8. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Gen 4 the best mainly because it has most of the Pokemon I love. Mismagius, Empoleon, Electivire, etc.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Generation 3. I started with the early red and blue, but I fell in love with everything about this generation as it has my favorite Pokemon and my favorite legendary. I loved the team aqua/magma idea at the time and in general had the most fun with it.

For me it would go like this:
    Hoenn > Johto > Unova > Kanto > Kalas > Shinoh

10. 404dotexe

Really?! Give some love to sinnoh please?

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aside from Diamond and Pearl being kind of slow, and there being a very limited number of Fire-type Poke'mon available, both fixed in Platinum, I don't see why folks dislike Generation IV.

Nostalgia probably plays a role, because the typical reasons I hear, are very silly. I'm going to have to give an all-out analysis of Generation IV, someday...

If we want to be technical, the best Generation is the first one, because it is what allowed the series to be. Generation II sealed the deal, though, and made it official, that Poke'mon was here to stay.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I never said I disliked it. It's just my least favorite of all the generations I've played. I don't dislike any Pokemon generations- or any Pokemon in general.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg yes. Black2/White2 are easily the worst pokemon games in my opinion. They tried too hard to make it different than B/W...

14. Aster

Its Gen 3 for me. Although I had played games from previous generations before it was during the Gen 3 period where I properly got into Pokémon, and I have some rather fond memories if it. And AlphaSapphire made the memories come back to me.

Plus it has some of my favourite Pokémon such as Banette, Salamence, Manectric, Delcatty, Swampert, etc.

Its still bullshit that Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald got their scores on reviews lowered because of "too much water".

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hoenn received a lot of flak for "too much water" and "too much trumpet".

While I can see why it is a problem, because all that water seems to only serve at making the map bigger, with not too much there, it isn't exactly a fair reason. For one, the same could be said about the first Generation, when it came to water.

Generation III is my least played of the Generations. I have yet to formally play Generation VI, though I do know the Poke'mon well enough, due to things like Poke'mon Online and casual reading. But Generation III does have some of the better contributions to the Poke'mon list, like Ludicolo, Flygon, Swampert, Sceptile, Blaziken, Slaking, Salamence, Metagross, Kyogre, and Breloom.

In terms of areas though, I found it quite lacking. None of the towns really felt all that special. But other than that, it plays fine.

16. Ryu

Ryu

Yaay! Gen IV all the way! SoulSilver is teh besht!

17. Hizaki

What no love for the 2nd generation? :'( the pokémon were great in that one, but of course my love for it is 50% nostalgia. I had far too many hours on my 2 silver and 2 gold cartridges XD

18. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 or 5 are my favorites, but I had to side with 3 for the poll. :slight_smile:

19. C P

C P

Gen 3; didn't even need to think it over. Like Starshot and Falling, I had played previous games, but RSE were what really captured my attention and where the series, game-wise at least, really stuck with me.

I'm one of the seemingly few people who actually liked the expanded water routes, because it gave the region much more of a sense of discovery and adventure, along with the diverse scenery(the lack of water in almost everything since is a real bore, if you ask me) The only real complaint was the lack of variety in what you encountered on them.

- the Team Magma/Aqua idea was great
    - Secret bases(which weren't the same in Gen IV)
    - the Battle Frontier
    - the frickin' music...
    - etc. etc.

Emerald is still my most played game and I tend to go back to it.(the remakes I love as well; nostalgia...)

Gen III also brought my favorite spin offs; the Pokémon Colosseum/XD duo(which I'm still waiting for a sequel on...) and the Mystery Dungeon series.

Outside of the games though, the original generation, in regards to the anime, is just...gold.

20. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow, this was a hard decision. i chose gen 1. i'm not one of those guys who only care for the first generation. ( it was almost a three way tie for me between gen 1, 2, and 3).

I picked gen 1 mainly because it has my favorite pokemon line (gastly, haunter, and gengar). but also because it is the most nostalgic for me. I know some designs were primitive and simple (i.e. voltorb, grimer, etc.) but I just love every single pokemon in that generation.