1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm... Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AngelWings17, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
  2. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I'm not transgender. This is just something I've been thinking about for a day. And like I said, it's rare that I feel like a guy. I don't like assumptions like this as they are false. It could be that I'm just more of a tomboy than anything, but I am definitely not transgender.

3. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are definitely confused...
    It sounds a bit like genderfluid, you just don't feel the same every day.
    Maybe talk to someone about it,go find some info on transgenderism,it might be clarifying for you.
    Btw kudos for posting this on youtube, it takes guts!

4. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Again, I'm not transgender. Only confused.

And it's not really gutsy for me to post something personal on YouTube. Offline I'm a shy, anxious person, so posting online gives me a chance to fully express myself and to say what I want to say. I find confidence and comfort online or with close friends and my boyfriend.

But to reiterate, I am not transgender.

5. CapQuestionmark

I've felt the same as you, and I've felt like that for years.

Now, I know that clearly you say you are not Transgender, and I believe you; only you know who and what you are. I myself find myself to be Transgender, but I think the biggest thing there is because of my sexual prowess being so specific.

Only you can label yourself, but the people here are only giving suggestions that can get you interested and give you something to look into.

Again, only you can decide who and what you are.

6. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Thank you. I'm not trans because I'm comfortable in my body. I'm just confused on how I feel mentally. I know for a fact that I'm part tomboy/part girly girl. Sometimes I'm just feeling neutral. And once in a blue moon, probably once every few months, I feel like a guy. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not announcing my comfort level, I'm merely confused on my mental state. That's it.

7. darahf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I created the video that was shared about How do You Know if You're Transgender. :slight_smile: When it comes down to it it's about what you are comfortable with how AngelWings identifies. If she doesn't identify as transgender, then that's cool. All in all it sounds like you are good at observing your mental state and aren't bothered by it, so just enjoy the ride!

Dara

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Oh, hi, Dara! Wow, I'm a bit... flustered now :slight_smile: It's a great thing you do, spreading the word and helping people in need! Eh... Hi-five? :3 and welcome to EC, I guess! It would be really cool to see you around! Bye!

9. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

Thank you Dara. I identify as female and my biological sex is female. I am comfortable in my body. I'm just puzzled on my actual mental state. I guess I'm having a bit of an identity crisis right now. I love dressing up in dressy clothes, but I also like going with jeans and pleather jackets with men's AND1's.

10. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you definitively identify as female, then that's really all there is to it. Your masculinity may fluctuate, but your identity is female, so you are cis.

You do sound to me like you could be genderfluid, in which case you would not be cis. If there are days you feel like a guy and days you feel like a girl, that's all it takes to be genderfluid. Though many genderfluid people do experience discomfort with their bodies, you don't have to. All it takes is on some days having a strong feeling of being a gender other than the one you were assigned (in your case, feeling like a guy).

Being transgender (an umbrella term meaning any identity other than cis, not just referring to ftm and mtf) doesn't require discomfort with your body. If you ID as a guy on some days and feel uncomfortable being thought of as a girl, that is enough to make you trans.

But to be clear, I don't mean to push any of these labels onto you. If you identify as female, then you are female. Feeling more masculine on some days than others is perfectly valid and nothing to worry about.

11. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I was just going to say that I'm never uncomfortable with the fact that I am a girl. I identify and always feel like a girl. Some days I feel/act more like a guy. And those are mostly days when I don't want to deal with people, so I become the opposite of who I am. Which is usually a mostly outgoing tomboyish female.