What if The Purge was Real?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Mar 16, 2015.

1. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gay, blacks and other groups will be lynched, burn alive, mutilated and die at alarming rates. Pretty much a mass genocide of people for 12 hours.

I as a gay black man will be hiding or be apart of the resistance to what will be a day full of human rights violations for minorities.

2. QueerQueen

I've seen the movie.. and if that actually was real I would hide. Move somewhere far away from society like the mountains. Buy the best security for my house that I can afford. Train all year for the day with weapons that I would gather, probably have a way up to my rooftop so I could snipe people I see coming, if they have weapons and what not. Have some assault rifle like a AK for closer up if someone actually makes it inside my house. Gather up the people closest to me that I trust and each one will have some kind of weapon to defend themselves with.

Then again if we had a pretty large group I wouldn't be scared to go out there and steal.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Damn, woman. And I thought I had given this some thought.

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the question would end up being, would we have no choice but to participate? I mean, it wouldn't be so much a case of me being completely against crime and therefore refusing to do it. The fact is, OTHER PEOPLE will be doing it, and therefore I may have to do what I need to in order to stay alive.

That said, I would certainly try not to do it if possible. But it wouldn't be at the expense of my life.

5. Gen

Gen

Murder? Rape? Revenge? Please.

The only people that Gen is going to be killing is the general population with these new looks.

[​IMG]

6. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The chances are that the minorities and the poor, i.e., the marginalized in general, will be hunted by everyone. That includes the lgbt as well.

If The Purge were real I don't know what I would do. Either run away and hide, or become a member of a group and actively participate in the culling. Knowing my nature, I have the impression that I will be among the first who will end up on the open side of the barrel in both cases. :slight_smile:

7. Ryu

Ryu

Kill, maim, burn! Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne!
    *clears throat*
    I would either hide, go on a killing spree or go and kill whoeer is running the country because whoever came up with this idea is a massive git and deserves to die.

8. CyberStar

First I would gang up with my nerd friends to raid Best Buy and steal a bunch of computers. But then, I would mount a campaign to get to DC and slaughter (or at least scare away) everyone in the capitol, and then make a new government that is actually sane enough to realize what a dumb idea that is, and that actually gets stuff done.
    If that didn't work... Lock myself in my server room down at JROTC with a bunch of guns and maybe a few nerd friends.

9. YunoGasai

KISS ALL THE RACIST AND HOMOPHOBIC PEOPLE IN POWER, in reality i would hide under my bed

10. TheStormInside

I've not seen the movie, so I'm not sure what level of anarchy and dystopia we are talking here. Or, how frequently this "Holiday" occurs (is it a yearly thing?). Ideally I'd be out sneaking about Foxface (Hunger Games) style stealing some laptop I had my eye on, but I don't even brave the crowds on Black Friday so that scenario is truly unlikely. More likely I'd invest in some fortification supplies for my home and board the place up for the day so as to discourage looters and thieves. If that were not possible I'd spend the day with friends in my friends' third floor apartment. Much harder to break into than the first floor. Her "zombie apocalypse" rule is also "more doors than windows" for a safe structure. Likely we'd ride out the storm watching Apocalypse Now or something equally thematic and eating pancakes. I'd like to believe I'm inoffensive enough that no one would have beef enough with me to seek me out for murder, but I'd definitely stay off the street as I'd be a pretty easy target.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be torn on committing petty theft and locking myself in a makeshift panic room until it blows over.

12. lemons123

No. But will participate in a country where everything is ILLEGAL for 24 hours and then commit all crimes (including murder...). Lol kidding.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fortify the house with sandbags and fire extinguishers ahead of time, grab a couple guns, and hole up inside until it's over. Even though I would stand to gain by jumping on free looting, not only am I morally against it, but it wouldn't be worth the risk. I'd rather not get murdered by some idiot over an armful of stuff.

I haven't seen the movie, but honestly I don't think it would be as bad as a horror scenario. You'd have a few maniacs who would be that bad, and most people would retain their decency and not take advantage of their neighbors. Contrary to popular belief I don't think we're that close to total societal collapse.

#33 Argentwing, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dang! I was about to make this kind of thread! Lol! No rules for 1 day... Hmmm, I would probably gonna marry a guy! :grin: Hahaha! No rules right? :lol:

Lol, I was just kidding. I would probably gonna go out and save those who are going to be victims of the rich bastards. Yeah, I would be your hero. I might also get into a store and take a lot of chocolates and green stuffs. :grin:

15. MrSkittles

I would lock myself in my house with food and other supplies.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The premise behind the Purge is not anarchy. It's a completely lawful and structured society like ours is currently, except there's a published 12-hour period of intentional complete suspension of the rule of law. As in, anybody could kill you if they wanted to, and after the Purge, a valid defense in a court of law would be that you pulled the trigger within the 12-hour period.

Just for my interest, Justine, I'm curious why you were hoping I'd be out there saying nice things to people and giving physical affection. I would be out there loving as many people as I could, and I'd be giving as much physical affection to people as I could, but I would be out there primarily fighting. And honestly, I'd either fight the whole 12 hours or fight until someone killed me.

I certainly don't believe love and fighting are mutually exclusive. I think love and care need to anchor every warrior's spirit. I may not be the strongest or the fastest whoever was, but I try really hard. I would fight because that's what I need to do to feel like a real person. Plus, I'd like to think that my fighting more than giving hugs is more effective than my giving more hugs than fighting. Sure, sometime I'd put down my AR for it. (*hug*)

After all, it's no good to make people feel safe around me if they don't also feel welcome.

Adrienne

#36 Pret Allez, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  17. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would stay home, with my bow and arrows near me.

18. Driftr

I had this at the back of my mind while I was watching the movie. I mean, the way minorities would be targeted like crazy. Luckily I'm sure most of us would be smart enough to not be in the gay districts, let alone be outside, if such a night was a reality.

But the thing is, as dark as this might sound, Even when I'm hiding inside somewhere with family and/or friends, I'm not sure if I would be able to trust people, especially certain people who know that I'm gay. This also goes for people that I've had past conflicts with. But then again, you never know, maybe they changed and don't harbour any negative feeling towards you or they choose not to take advantage of the night or whatever.

19. Justinian20

Well If the Purge night was real, I would train myself in becoming a man of stealth, so I could rescue people by sneaking around and killing would be killers. In fact just for that night I would become a hitman, vigilante esque being. I would not need cash for jobs, I just do it for the people who are in need, so if you are a minority I will help you as I work that way.

But in real life, I would set up a home fortress and just stay there for the entire night. Hoping someone doesn't come to kill me, and if they do well, I'll go into a bunker and lock it shut so no one has a chance of killing me.

20. RainDreamer

Collect IDs years before the purge, then in that day, commit identity thief all at once and make some serious money in the first hour.

In the next few hours, perform a coup through bribery and subtle assassination, take over the country while chaos take over the street.

Then I will rewrite the constitution to specifically protect LGBT people. Ensure equal protection and freedom for everyone, and outlaw this kind of mayhem for good, as it is horrible for the economy.