1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRIGGER WARNING: I'm so Fucking Angry

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Jan 26, 2015.

1. justjade

Had to report this bitch to Facebook today for attacking transgender people and calling us "things" and saying we should all die. She was harassing a transgender women, and I know I shouldn't have done this, but I posted a reply to her comment saying she was just jealous of the other woman's beauty and that she's probably ugly in real life--that she can put up pretty pictures on the internet but can't hide the fact that she's a psychotic bitch. But before I did that, I told the OP she's beautiful and to not listen to stupid, ignorant fucking trolls. The I reported the crazy bitch. She actually said in one of her replies that her account is fake and only used to harass us "things". Yeah, she'll probably just come back with a different account and do the same thing, but oh my fuck, I just want to stomp her out so bad. I'm so angry and can't believe people do this. I also blocked this girl so she couldn't come after me. That's probably the only smart thing I did in this whole process.

Why did I do this? I'm kicking myself for it right now, and if this needs moved, admins, please move it. I'm just so mad. I guess it's in my nature as a gentleman. I have to stick up for my girls, even if I don't know them, sometimes even at all. I love the LGBT community, and I'm sick of people messing with us like this, especially the trans community, which is very near and dear to my heart. I'm just so mad right now, and I'm shaking, and I want to punch her profile pic in the face. I need to calm down. I'm gonna get myself killed over this one of these days.

2. Lazuri

She probably has some serious underlying issues.

3. justjade

This is going to sounds really mean, but if she has the gall to pick on people like that, I don't care what her issues are.

Damn, I hate how insensitive I get when stuff like this happens. Like after Leelah Alcorn's suicide, all I could think about for the longest time was how I just wished her parents could see the error of their ways. I wasn't sad for Leelah for a few weeks. All I could think about was how I thought her parents and any ensuing conversion therapy purveyors should burn in hell--how they should be made to feel like she did. But in the end, that's not really justice. I get so overly angry about mistreatment of people, and I know I probably shouldn't let it bother me because there's probably nothing I can actually do about it.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2015 at 07:43 PM ----------

That being said, I think I might be the one with underlying issues.

4. Yosia

It's 2015 and people still can't understand that not everyone is the exact same as them. It sort of explains why I do not associate with society much.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some people just live to be trolls and I also agree with Lazuri. Had the same thing happen a about 3 or 4 years ago.

6. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay look, when someone says such terrible things and does such terrible things, there comes a line where getting really harsh, angry, even mean becomes justified. Good on you for sticking up for yourself and other transgender people. You do not have to be ashamed of snapping at her. She sounds like a legitimately bad person who is looking to make herself feel better by putting others down. You are allowed to express anger at her. You are allowed to be angry. There's a time for kindness and compassion, and there's a time for anger and hostility.

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's completely reasonable to feel and respond like that. I would get pissed of too and probably curse on her, and I'm not even trans. People have no excuse to be ignorant and deserve a good punch when behave like such morons.

8. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey man, I feel you. I need to literally restrain myself from talking back to these kinds of people. I hate this kind of bullshit, and I'm not afraid to call it out. I once called out a co-worker for talking bad about a transwoman he met, telling him to watch his mouth, he never knows when there's transpeople around and he better learn some fucking respect.

We need to stand up for ourselves and each other when we can.

9. justjade

I had to stand up to a coworker once, too. He said he didn't want a "man crazy enough to think he's a woman" in the bathroom with his wife/girlfriend/daughter/whoever. I looked him straight in the eye and said, "You may want to watch who you say that around." When he asked me why, I told him because I'm trans, and those are my girls he's talking about. Don't mean to sound like a trans pimp, but really, chivalry is not dead, and sometimes, trans women need it more than anyone. I don't know a lot of people in real life who would stand up for them.

10. Jellal

I've noticed that since getting to know the trans community better, I've been thinking in terms of "us" and "we" more often. It's nice having familiarity with people who go through similar issues to yourself. It's helped me think less selfishly, and think about helping others and reaching out more than I had before. And that also means doing what I can to stand up for friends in need—even those I haven't met yet.

So don't worry, you don't sound like a pimp. You sound like a comrade. Thanks for standing up for what you believe in.

11. juliegt6

You're not one but if you were, you'd be the nicest pimp in the world! Keeping the pimp hand strong hitting stupid dudes!

12. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to worry about standing up for others, present or not, hypothetical or not, because I thought it would be weird, that like Jade said, I'd sound like some kind of trans pimp, that it "wasn't my battle". Any more, I'm of the mindset that all trans battles are my battles. Not just because I am trans too, but because Jade's right - so few people are willing to raise their voices to defend the trans community. I can't lay low if I hear anyone bashing on trans people. Especially transwomen, they go through so much to be who they are, they deserve more respect.

13. iiimee

I admit. As I've grown more fond of the LGBT community, I've started to get more angry when I meet those people. Whenever I meet an LGBT person, I feel like I have to defend them... I've always thought of myself as an older brother, and somebody insulting my little sibling means death... Or I at least try to reason with them and slowly show them how wrong they were... Slowly. I often talk to people online about their opinion on LGBT issues, and a lot I've met say they don't support it. When I ask why, they usually give me some silly excuse like "It's the same as bestiality" or "Because gay sex is ridiculous." To bestiality I say it is not the same as doing something with somebody you love, and can respond in words and actions to what you do. To the other statement, I will reply how Love is love, and those in love take what they do in the bedroom seriously, regardless of if they're gay, hetero, or non-binary. I also ask them why they care what somebody else does in the bedroom... I will reason with somebody for ages, and after a while they might leave... However, so many of my friends online have told me I've changed their views on it, whether they say it that day or after a month or two. I hope I can get more of my LGBT+ people to defend both sexual orientation and gender identity without being angry. Anyone here with me?

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That's actually one of the things that gets my blood to boil and I'm kind of a pacifist. In fact, I have to specifically avoid articles about trans people on any website or page that's not the Advocate or another LGBT news page. Because while you still run into transphobic assholes on the Advocate, you don't see the same wealth of ignorance that you see with mainstream sites.

And I know that sounds cowardly but it's not like anyone posting on CNN about their hatred of trans people is actually going to change their views because I've argued with them over Facebook.

But yeah, I actually got in an argument with a guy today, who said that LGBT people "made a choice" and they didn't deserve equal rights because "they shouldn't have chosen a life that made it hard for them". Still don't understand that mentality.

And what's insane is that I've actually met more transphobic people within the LGBT community than outside of it. A gay guy the other day actually called me a woman and told my partner that I couldn't be "half way about it" (aka, I would have had to have had bottom surgery to even be considered transgender). My partner actually got more pissed than I did and that's really saying something because I was fuming.

15. justjade

Yeah, there are actually lots of gay people who dislike trans people. I haven't met many, thankfully, but damn, that guy you ran into is an ass! What the fuck! I'm glad your partner is in your corner though. That's awesome. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2015 at 05:15 PM ----------

I actually used to be really passive. But as I get older, my convictions have grown stronger. I may not be able to change people's minds on issues, but I can at least hopefully make a difference to those who are being put down, letting them know there's someone in their corner. We are all in this together. Brothers, sisters, other siblings, I love you guys. (*hug*) :kiss: