1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Handle Loneliness?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This one is a little more close to home, than the other threads I typically post up, but it's something I'm currently going through, as well as something I am curious about, when it pertains to others.

So, how do you deal with loneliness?

2. Sapphy

Luckily I have a girlfriend and friends and family who I can talk to/do things with to stave off loneliness.

To be honest, though, I don't really get the time to feel lonely. I work full time and savour my evenings alone, then weekends I usually always have something planned.

If I did feel lonely I would consider joining a group/club around my hobbies or probably talk to people on a chat room. EC is great for that very reason.

For the record, I'm always happy to chat to anyone who would like a friend when I'm online. :slight_smile:

3. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I talk to my self. I watch movies/tv shows, play video games. Or have a one way conversation with a friend I have that gives less and less of a shit about me.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find people to surround myself with. I don't get lonely often. People seem drawn to me - probably because of my innate greatness.

#4 imnotreallysure, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watch a funny show

6. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    A can of air duster and a couple four locos .grape.only.....its not the right way to deal with things but the temporary numbness is better than the nerves going crazy...in the long run I logically know it will do more harm than good that's why im seeking help from NA and family I was to used to getting fucked up I forgot how to deal with loneliness/life...Im trying to build better coping skills...im playing Russian roulette with my life and have been luckier than some friends I know, but luck doesn't last..

7. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live alone, so I try to always have social things planned so I don't end up spending a whole weekend alone. If I end up with a weekend without plans, I can usually get through it by going to a few exercise classes, walking the dogs, doing some Facebook and some forums here. Or meetups, I'm a member of an international dining one and a book club. I still sometimes miss having that one person who cares about the little details of your day, but life is good this way 98% of the time.

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a loner by nature. But even loners need people and I used to have the biggest problem making friends. When I'm lonely and can't find a friend, I just go sit someplace crowded like a mall or Cafe. Usually that works, when it doesn't though I call my sister or my Nana or some other family member.

9. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't. I convince myself that most people are probably not worth my time, and it seems to be amazingly true. I'm not obsessed with soccer/celebrities/fashion/trendy crap, so there's nothing in common that would keep me talking to someone for an extended time period. If there is though, I'm very happy to keep the connection and strenghten it.
    In the meantime I focus on my studies. I don't play games as much as I used to anymore. I feel like I'd rather be the one making the game, but I don't have the time sadly.

10. AlamoCity

Having parents and a sister who unconditionally support and love me helps out a lot.

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't think I've ever felt lonely. Only bored.

12. Yosia

Talk to me bestie, watch anime, listen to music, read a book. Basically everything I do normally as I feel lonely a lot.

13. Stripe101

I'm almost never lonely. I love being alone. It doesn't bother me.

Hell, I prefer it.

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One tactic I've used has been to come on EC and whine discuss the problem again and again and again. :lol:

---------- Post added 18th Jan 2015 at 02:25 PM ----------

Actually, maybe it's your exceptional modesty they like! :lol:

15. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I embrace it. I call it my long term solitude.

16. ANewDawn

I don't. I spend all day on the internet just being lonely. EC is actually the first time I've used the internet to talk to people and it almost feels like having friends, except everything is so anonymous (yes I know that's the point). It's been a long time since I've had a close relationship with friends or family :frowning2: hoping things will get better soon though.

17. Ryu

Ryu

^Almosg ditto. I'm on other forums out there, and I use minecraft to chat to peeps. There's someone that's bigender on the server I play on... I digress... Seeming I have no real friends, my sister just swears at me and hits me, and the only thing I say to my parents regularly is 'wanna coffee', I usually browse the internet or play guitar or piano. I alway end up getting progressively louder though and it always pisses everyone off...

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me? Lonely? I'd much rather be left alone, generally. I feel so much happier by myself.

The only time I feel lonely is when I see happy couples, then I get upset. But I don't do much to keep myself from feeling upset about that...

But sometimes, I do get jealous of people with lots of friends they're comfortable with talking to. And so, sometimes, I guess I'm sick of being alone. But I don't know how to cope with that, or how to handle it... o.o

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I rarely get lonely anymore, I'd rather just sit in my room with my video games. But when it happens I tend to get very anxious until I find someone to talk to

20. QueerQueen

It only ever happens at night when I'm alone. When it does happen I'll distract myself by watching anime, reading, gaming.. some nights when one of my friends is staying at home she'll be there to talk to and also to play games with. Last resort would be to go to sleep. On the weekends I am always going out with friends so there is no time to feel lonely. Sometimes I get the kind of lonely where only love will fill the emptiness even though I know I'm not ready for it and when that happens I will go to someone to talk about it with.