1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else want to be a youtuber?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theskyiseverywhere, Jan 18, 2015.

1. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe... If i did it just be drag videos and makeup guides

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be a YouTuber but my account got deleted. >.<

3. Quiet Raven

Yes, there are many people who make a living doing just youtube videos.

I would love to have a gaming channel of some sort. But there are so many people who do that already, getting noticed would be very difficult. Near impossible.

4. Burnedcloset

I think I just don't have the look, the personality, or the creativity to be popular.

The best I could do is either LGBTQ+ related videos. Or daily vlogs.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

EC Channel.

Surely, between all of us, we'd have the knowledge, creativity, and talent to blow everybody else out of the water.

Hell, I could imagine it now...

It could be a news-variety show hybrid. A few gaming segments, followed by [bad] movie reviews, some cooking, some fashion, and all loaded with ignorant-destroying entertainment, and some comedy laced into it. There's some talented musicians here, they could provide the musical scores, maybe even perform.

6. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *Universe implodes from awesomeness*

But back to the OP: I think I contain the necessary traits to be a good YouTuber and I'd like to do it if it was like with other people.

#26 EDMJunkie, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  7. twosoups

Me and my friends would like to one day have the opportunity to start a comedy channel on youtube. I would like to think we could do well enough to make some people laugh.

8. Quiet Raven

That could be pretty cool! :thumbsup:

9. Lazuri

The trick is to not just play Minecraft and GTAV. It also helps if there's more than one of you and that you have a good comedy synergy between the members. Take Achievement Hunters for example, they hired people to do exactly that. Geoff is the silly boss who comes up with their ideas, Gavin is the village idiot, Michael is the angry guy, Ray is the witty one, Ryan is the psychopath and Jack is.... Well, he's Jack. It's not just a bunch of guys playing games, it's a comedy group with members and comedic archetypes that have been picked with care.

10. Quiet Raven

The first part I would have down. I tend to play slightly more niche games anyway. But yeah, maybe at some point I could try to get some people together and give it a try. But first I would need to get enough money together for some good recording equipment.

But yeah. Maybe someday.

11. Sapphy

Far too many d*ckheads on YouTube now for me to want to be a part of it. I was a member years ago and vlogged back when there was a sense of community, but many of the original members have disappeared now.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been a background Youtuber since I joined in 2006. I made YTPs and fan videos for movies I liked. I only ever showed my face a few times and thankfully those videos are long gone. I'm thinking about making videos again, but I don't know.

And yes, being a youtuber is a legit job. A lot of people have made it their primary source of income and some live comfortably with it. But I will say to not consider it as a main career because many people have left YT because times have changed and they aren't gaining the reviews that they used to (big name YTers who would pull in millions of views will be lucky to break 20k now).

Becoming YT famous is more difficult than you think, and it's rare that you'll be part of the small cluster of shooting stars who get a following or enough views to reach a decent partner status. I feel bad for the vlogging and sketch community that's getting crushed and overshadowed by the gaming community, since they were the "grandpappies" of the site and got it to where it is today.

13. SeerOfHeart

I'd love to vlog for fun, but I'm way too nervous to do it. I feel like the opposite of so many people- I'm a total social butterfly around others, but put me in front of a camera alone in my room and suddenly I'm embarrassed and awkward. I tried it once, and couldn't being myself to edit or post the footage. Recording a video is definitely not as flawless as the finished products make it look.

I think vlogging is something that'll have to wait until I either gain more confidence, or find someone else to do it with. Or maybe find something where the focus isn't on me, like when I used to do video editing.

14. Lazuri

That stuff isn't as expensive as it used to. You really just need a good Nvidia graphics card and use shadowplay. Then you need a good external HDD and a microphone for about 80 dollars each. At least to start, then if it goes well you can upgrade.

15. QueerQueen

I wouldn't mind having a gaming channel or vlog channel just for fun, but it is a lot harder than it seems. Plus all of the equipment is pretty costly if you want the best of the best.

16. Quiet Raven

That's not too bad. Still, it is out of budget right now. But it is definitely something to consider in the future.

17. Lazuri

Yeah. It's different if you wanna do videos of console games. Then you need capture cards and shit.

18. SomeLeviathan

I have a youtube account and I've uploaded a series of videos responding to some what popular youtubers on mistakes baout feminism or general bad philosophy.

the problem I ran into is my videos are boring unless you are interested in the subject matter, because I'm not striving to be entertaining, I'm essentially writing essays and reading them or doing point by point break downs of stuff.

I haven't made any in a while because I got a looooot of homophobic/transphobic comments on a recent video when I respodned to a larger youtuber on their misunderstandings of feminism/feminist arguments, which was draining on my own mental health, so I've more or less given it up for the time being. it was fun for a couple months I guess.

19. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I want to and don't at the same time. I really like how ElloSteph does her channel. LGBT stuff with random rants about pop culture. While I love BriaandChrissy, I'm not into the vlogging aspect. I think it's kind of boring and egotistical. Oh look at me! Look at what I'm doing! Aren't I interesting!

The other part of me thinks that I'm not interesting enough or that everything has been done already. I don't know.

20. Stripe101

I absolutely adore editing videos. I would do it just for that.