1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else want to be a youtuber?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theskyiseverywhere, Jan 18, 2015.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys! So when I grow up I think I want to be a youtuber :grin: I would just do vlogs, q and a's, tags and whatnot. I also have a really good idea for a character, like miranda sings or fred. Anyone else want to be one too?

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

3. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can't say that I want to be one. Power to you though, go for it!

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's not as easy as you'd think. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes politics to it, and it can get real mean and cut throat. A lot of the bigger names band together, so any newcomer is going to be kept an eye on, and if you don't conform to their ways, they'll sabotage your channel. Basically, they'll want to use you as a platform for more subscribers/viewers/fans, and keep you as a sort of extension of themselves. You show any signs of independence, they get mad, and claim that you're disrespecting their "help" to boost your channel's audience.

If your intention isn't to become 'YouTube famous', sure, give it a shot. It could work, but having done the YouTube-thing before (2006-2008), it isn't for everybody. Some of the individuals who come off as nice and warm in their videos, can be some of the cruelest and most immature people when the camera isn't rolling. Also, if you become a YouTube Partner, it's really hard to make a decent amount of money nowadays. Years ago, when there weren't too many of them, you could have a nice amount of pocket change, but now, it's practically impossible. There's just too many.

Also, be aware of e-armies. Legions of fans who will attack your channel, if they believe you're "a copy" of somebody else. They are probably the worst experience for any up-and-coming YouTuber, because they are so brand loyal.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't youtube famous or wanting to b one. But I think it would be fun to do something on youtube like Markiplier, PewDiePie, Game Grumps. You know.... those guys. They are funny.

6. Yosia

I have considered it many times, but I don't think I have the social ability to do it. Then again, I could probably find it easier to talk to a camera than other people. :lol:

I would rather just become a professional gamer, but I am not naturally the best at every game and I don't really have time to practice. But my dream is to one day win an e-sports tournament. ^.^

7. antibinary

I do. I'm planning a corp channel with one of my friends.

8. AlamoCity

I have considered making a channel, but it wouldn't be a "fun." I considered doing a cooking channel where I would fix meals that usually contain key allergens (e.g. gluten, milk) into allergy-friendly dishes. I got the idea based on the fact that food sensitivities run in my family and I wanted everyone to have "holiday-worthy" meals without sacrificing taste and familiarity.

9. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "When I grow up..."

Is being a youtuber a legit job now?

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Rainbows~Exist

I would love to. It would be my dream but I don't think I could keep it up. There's already so many nowadays doing the same thing and I'd probably run out of ideas on what to do in videos....

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all. I don't think I have the talents of a good youtuber and would rather not waste my time on something I couldn't do well.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't know about that...

I think you and I could do hilarious commentary on things, like bad films or current events. Between our two personalities, we'd have a wide range.

14. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted to a few years ago. But the constant horribleness Google brought to youtube, all the layout changes, the Google- integration, and the aforementioned problems, especially those by Kaiser, made me delete every trace I had on the site without wanting to go back ever. It's not even worth taking their bullshit just to have the right to comment.

15. i think trying to break into the youtuber territory and be sucsessful is super hard these days, most of the people who have 5 mil subs or something mad started when youtube wasnt the way it is now, they started like 3-4 years ago. its a long process and more than likely wont happen overnight. youhave to be different to get people to watch/sub. theres a million and one beauty channels out there and they are all the same its boring. funforlouis on the other hand i think hes the most unique out of the people i watch.

16. CyanChachki

Totally. I've always wanted to be a youtuber and I've come to a place in my life where I don't care what people say to me. I've heard it all before, in fact, thousands of times before. Most youtubers claim not to look at their comments because people can comment terrible things, which is something that I plan to do.

I don't want to be a vlogger. I may have a vlogging channel later on, but like you, I want a character. Nothing like Fred that seems fake but like Miranda Sings or Keisha and Jessika who are appear to me more realistic. I don't have a name for her yet but I totally got down the personality, voice and look. Problem is, I don't have a camera or a quiet place to do the videos.

17. ogreaphy

ogreaphy Guest

I would love to be a youtuber, and I do have a lot of ideas for a quite a lot of possible videos, but I don't think I could keep up with it. I'd probably post 6 videos one day, then let a month pass, post another video and go iddle for the next few years.
    There are also a lot of other things to be taken into consideration. I do think it'd be lots of fun, though.

18. Lazuri

At some point I'm going to start doing let's plays, but it will be a while yet probably. I've got my reasons as to why I'm waiting.

19. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe they are some people who can make a good amount of money on it, I'm sure most of them have other jobs though

Seemingly, I always hear young people talking about how they want to be on YouTube famous. I feel like wanting to be a "youtuber" or whatever is a generational thing. Similar to how young people from previous generations all wanted to be movie stars or be in a rock band or whatever. I don't really understand the whole youtube obsession though.

20. Lazuri

In my case it's just the possibility of getting money for doing what I love. Playing video games and being an idiot is finally a profession.