1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find other androgynous people?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jaymmm, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello,
    i´ve no clue about my orientation but maybe there´s something more than this. Maybe i dont necessarily need to join lgbt community but i feel i need to express my masculine side. It´s very slight like- wearing suits, (ties), some very slight crossdressing and being accepted that way surrounded same people. When i´d like to meet people like that and dont want to join queer community- do u have any idea of some place (=gray zone) when i can be "straight" and show that other side of me... ? :slight_smile: (im not transexual)

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well some people like to dress more masculine... like butch lesbians... you might have a look at places where they might meet...

another way might be to just integrate part of this into your style... and you could do that basically where more open people meet...

(*hug*)

3. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah, question is, what the open people meeting place is...

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Could be any place where people meet who I'd not call conservative...

clubs, bars, etc.

After all its your style. So where do you think you could go where people just would accept that ?
    Random not accepting people could be everywhere, though...

You could start slow and incorporate that step by step in your style... clothing and hairstyle wise...

#4 jay777, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i think i started to incorporate that very slowly since i was a little girl :slight_smile:

6. wanderinggirl

I'm a little in the same boat. I envied people who could dress more masculine but didn't let myself explore it until I realized I do like women too. But that's not the case for everyone, and you don't necessarily have to wait for something to change either.

In my city there's a group that meets that's called the Trans*/Gender-Nonconforming group, with masculine spectrum nights and feminine spectrum nights. If there's something similar where you are that would probably be helpful. Otherwise, I've found people through EC and even online dating. (that worked out by chance; I wound up staying friends with people I met and they tended to be on the masculine end of the spectrum.) Look for Meetup groups through the website; and don't be afraid to try transmasculine groups; you might find something in common with people there even if you're not transsexual.

7. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thx, i think it´d be more easy for me to be part of lgbt to express it but im not sure im:-( actually i worry i´ll be wrong about my sexuality, that keeps my tomboyish expression a little bit down

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some Lgbt people are very accepting and I find its a joy to be around them... you might give it a try in any case.
    Often its people who really gave thoughts to how people are, and have really insight...
    there are some people who cling to stereotypes, but you don't have to be close to those...

(*hug*)