Games with GSM characters?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mabes, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Lazuri

eh, that can be argued. Poison herself isn't that terrible. She's still transgender and not represented any worse than any other female character. However, the reason for her existence and how the other characters treat her and makes jokes at her expense is less representable.

2. Quiet Raven

Well with Kanji, it is specifically stated that he is into guys. Or is at least questioning it. He says it himself soon after his dungeon. (Though goes on to deny afterwards)

#22 Quiet Raven, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has Juhani, the first lesbian character in the Star Wars universe. There is a relationship implied (one could argue that quite strongly) between her and a fellow female cadet at the academy and she confesses her feelings for f!Revan quite late in the game. I haven't played KoTOR as a female yet but afaik this romance isn't very long and consists just of her and optionally Revan confessing their feelings.

#23 sheepishgirl, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  4. White Knight

I never ventured Juhani romance plot however she is also significant (of course according to my weak memory) for being the fist same sex romance in any Bioware game.

I heard things for f/f flirt/romance for Viconia (while Baldur's Gate ain't considered official Bioware game, it's made by same team) or Aribeth in NWN.

5. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your memory is correct, she is the first official same-sex BW romance. :slight_smile:

I haven't played BG/BGII yet but I heard that the Enhanced Editions added some same sex romances. Beamdog are not BioWare though, so I wonder how the original developers feel about it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind per se, but it's all about how the new characters fit the existing universe.

6. White Knight

Ah yeah they added one for BGEE and added another for BG2EE. Horc guy is bi and rogue girl is lesbian.

I am a bit annoyed that both same sex romance options are evil tho'. So couldn't play with them much instead cheated and romanced with Shepard... sorry that monk dude voiced by Mark Meer. :grin:

7. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mark Meer is awesome, I love how the same voice actors appear across different BW games (or remakes of BW games) :slight_smile:

but this also reminded me of how after finishing KoTOR as m!Revan I was annoyed when I read Bastila isn't a romance option for f!Revan ... maybe that's why I haven't played as f!Revan yet ... although Juhani is great, there is just something about Jennifer Hale :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm sorry if this is too off topic O:slight_smile:

8. White Knight

Ah do you find Hale's voice... off?

That is why you should check who is romance option for whom before playing any Bioware game. I woed Alistair like crazy till I learned Zevran is the m/m option which I killed on first walkthrough (just because he tried to kill me, nothing personal). I even gave money to his bitching sister.

9. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ellie and Riley's kiss in The Last of Us was so cute. One of the best scenes of the whole game.

10. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find her voice very attractive, as Bastila very much and as femShep as well :slight_smile: That's why I regret Bastilla isn't a romance for f!Revan ... to be deprived of that dialogue is a shame! :slight_smile:

I love Alistair! I romanced him on my first DA: O playthrough as a female warden and then I had to download a mod for him to be able to romance my male warden ... what can I say, I missed him. I don't like Zevran as a romance option for neither sex, I don't know. He's such an example of the Anything That Moves trope. But for me as a platonic party member he's fun to have around. :slight_smile:

11. White Knight

Yup, Zevran has that tendecy to rub you the wrong way if you romance him. I stopped romancing with him after he tried to get into Leliana's pants while we are romancing... He is awesome as a friend tho'.

He is fun and it was nice to see him during DA2.

I also romanced with Alistair via Equal Love mod until Ser Gilmore mode completed. After that he was my man to go... I find him more handsome and his voice acting/story was nicely made. God bless all the Modders of the world.

12. sheepishgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alistair is like a classic prince but done right, I loved that whole arc :slight_smile: and yeah, he is handsome to me as well and loved his voice too. Have you met him in Inquisition? I don't like his new character design ... (it's a shame, other re-designs were very good)

13. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Last of Us is an amazing game. I hope people don't just remember it as 'that one game that had the two girls kissing'. The other 98% of the game was great, too.

14. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No don't worry. The game was critically acclaimed on all fronts. That was just a small scene and I don't think it made that much impact on the general crowd.

15. Quiet Raven

I have wanted to play that game for a while. And I didn't even know about that until now.

16. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This scene happens on the game's prologue (Left Behind) This prologue is a piece of DLC. If you buy the PS4 version its already free on disk. If you buy on PS3 it will cost you.

Either way it's one of the best games out there right now, so I recommend it to everyone.

17. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Left Behind DLC isn't just prologue though, half of it happens during the game.

18. Lazuri

Yeah. Would not recommend playing it first.

19. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wanted to say prequel to the main action. There is an actual prologue "pre-infection"
    and its 20 years before the Main Action. Left Behind is 2 or 3 weeks before the main story.

Also IIRC, Left Behind is only unlocked after you've played the main story.

20. Maeve

In most (all?) Choice of Games, you can be gay, bi or straight.