The views on Androgyny

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grapewhisperer, Dec 30, 2014.

1. grapewhisperer

I currently look pretty androgynous, as I don't look particularly masculine or feminine, but when I walk home from school i walk past a primary school, and I hear kids say to there friends when I walk past, "is that a boy or a girl?" They laugh or look disgusted, and although it doesn't bother me personally, I wonder why kids aren't educated more on this and why they think that everyone is either a boy or a girl. Why is it hilarious or disgusting if someone looks androgynous. Does anyone else have similar experiences or thoughts?

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In this fashion show Marco Marco he had a model that was androgynous male. I really liked that he has models from all colors of the rainbow males,drag queens,androgynous queens,transgender queens so i can tell that the other shades of the rainbow are becoming more mainstream

I love all my brothers and sisters of the gay rainbow (&&&)

3. Emulator

Most people equate gender identity to gender expression and think that gender identity is limited to only two choices. If something's not a guy thing, it must be a girl thing and vice versa. For children it would likely be their upbringing that causes them to react in that way.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think androgyny is sexy.

And really awesome. It puts a smile on my face when I see someone else breaking the gender norms.

Yes, I've had plenty of weird looks and whispers behind my back, considering I live in an area with many ignorant, closed minded people.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This.

I've been mistaken for female before, and even had others who were unsure, both online and offline. It's something poorly understood and little accepted, but I also find it a massive turn-on. Then again, I'm genderqueer with a preference for andro men and women, non-binary, and gender-variant folk in general.

6. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm still learning about androgyny. I think it's extremely hot too, however I'm not androgynous I just have my hair dressed kinda like a girl's and I wear skinny jeans. I have been mistaken for a girl a couple of times. One unforgettable time was when I was hit on by a country guy at Micky's (a local bar in my town) and I thought it was really hilarious and my friends laughed as well.