1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone encounter that funny 'twin' situation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Dec 22, 2014.

1. C P

C P

Just a warning of the slightly lengthy read.

Eh, I'm probably sure I briefly brought it up somewhere but figured I'd take the opportunity to now ask others.

Ya know, the whole thing where you encounter two people you initially think are the same person and get confused as heck because they have stuff that seems off about em(different personality, type of look, etc.). Ya di da

The one I'm bringing up is one from a trip to the grocery store ~ a year or so back. As I leaving out, I passed by this cashier. Yes...he was really cute, but don't ask why I was compelled to do what I did next. As my aunt and mom left, I tossed my bag to them and said I forgot something. Yep, I got a couple random things just as an excuse to go to this guy's line(not gonna go into the awkwardness that ensued there, heh; fortunately I was the only one at his then).

Moving on...well I was at Panera's(a restaurant on the other side of town) about a week later and saw a guy walk in who looked exactly like the cashier, only he had longer hair and seemed a bit more...street(?). Stuff like the title doesn't hit you at the time but I was thinking 'wait...wasn't he that cashier guy? No...unless he has miracle growth for his hair or something...wtf', etc. but left it alone after that, like whatever.

Now where it really got interesting was when, yet another week later, I was back at that same grocery store to pick up some snacks for myself, but this time it was the guy from Panera who I saw working and I thought 'maybe it was the same guy then'. As nosy as I am though, I gave him the suspicious eye and told him that he looked familiar. We got into brief chit chat about high school(he asked if I had went to the local one) and, anyways, at some point he mentioned his brother. Obviously, as it turns out, his brother was the guy I originally saw; they're twins and worked at the exact same grocery store.

I just about fell out after that. :eusa_droo

Eta: wth did I just write... .-.

#1 C P, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Candace

Well, it used to happen to me in high school. I had a friend, let's call her Z. Well, there happened to be Z's doppleganger in our school too. Everytime I'd go by this doppleganger, I'd yell out "hey, Z!", only to find out that that wasn't her at all and her look-alike :dry:

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Never had something like this happen to me so I can't provide input.

I am rather curious however, what did happen between you and the two brothers?

4. Yosia

I was friends with two twins and I would always start talking about something we did together, but I was talking to the wrong twin xD

5. LD579

I suppose this is a lived experience for me.

6. C P

C P

Wait, huh? .-.

That must've been pretty awkward, if not probably amusing at times. So the one you'd be talking to would have this 'wtf are you talking about?' look? XD

7. Mickz

There's triplets in my grade and I honestly can't tell them apart, I always have to ask which one is who if I have to hand out their books/papers/tests

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a doppelganger in college. There was someone else on campus who looked remarkably like me. I never encountered him but my friends did all the time. People would be like "I waved at you on the Radcliffe Quad yesterday and you just looked right through me" and I would be like "I wasn't on the Radcliffe Quad yesterday." It happened over and over. Apparently the similarity was quite striking. I had a girlfriend at the time who was sort of larger than life. She was from the American South, her father was a pro-football player and her mother was a beauty queen--she was all big hair and short skirts. Well anyway, one day she came up behind this other gay in the library and absolutely enveloped him while he was at the copy machine, felt him up but good, leaned in and whispered "what's up Sugar?" It was only when he turned mere inches from her face with what was apparently the most profound look of sheer horror on his face that she realized it wasn't me.:lol: Given the number of my friends that had the occasion to encounter this guy I still think it's rather amazing that I never met him.

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I had a funny experience with this:

I saw a guy kissing his girlfriend and being all lovey dovey at the university, nothing odd about that... But then the next day i saw him with another girl doing the same lovey dovey thingy, and i was like 'wow! This guy is a ladies man!' And i was thinking about how this guy dares doing that in a place where i risks being found by her girlfriend with another girl.

But then another day i saw something weirder, he was kissing one of the girls and being lovey dovey while the other girl was close by, and i was like 'wow! This is the first time i see a poligamous relationship in the open'... ' but why is one of them all lovey dovey and the other is distracted doing something else in another table? And then i remembered this guy studied at my high school and he have a twin, so then was that i realized that each of the twin was the boy friend o f the two girls. :lol:

I even approached him and told him about my confusion and he was like 'yeah that happens a lot, more than once had a friend of my girlfriend told her "hey i saw your boyfriend with another girl"'

10. C P

C P

I can't even begin to describe how much of an awkward/hilarious mixture that is, and then how...crazy it is that everybody seemed to run into the guy but you.

Although not exactly a situation of that level, it reminded of this time that my mom was at this little store around the corner from where we lived and this kid was there who looked a lot like my brother from behind. She had kinda shouted over at him asking what he was doing there(he was young at the time and ofc wasn't supposed to be out that far), only for the boy to turn around to see who was yelling his way..and it wasn't him. Yeah...

I feel sorry for him; She had to understand that kinda thing, too? :x

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This.

12. dizzyCalysto

Out Status:
    All but family
    As a twin myself (fraternal, thank god), I think I have picked up a talent on telling identical twins apart. It's just spotting slight differences and remembering which traits belong to who.