1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Shoot - forgot to wish you a happy birthday, Kasey. Apologies.

As for the subjects, I'm gonna be doing 6 subjects next for the IB, and I'm taking english lit, history, psych, biology, maths and french. Kinda excited for the first three, kinda petrified for the rest. XD

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!(!):eusa_danc:eusa_danc soon you'll be out of your 20's. :icon_bigg

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I brushed both of my dogs this morning and gave both of them a bath yesterday. It's not much, but if you knew my Labrador, you'd understand. She's only about 65 lbs, but she has two coats and is EXTREMELY hairy.

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a film camp and a guy asked me if I was Jacob. I'm not but he thought I was a guy, so yay!!

5. thepandaboss

Re: Small Victories

I used to have a Labrador, I understand completely!

--

I passed training with my new company and now I'm working a normal workload. :slight_smile:

6. Blue Cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I passed... in a leotard. I don't know what I was doing wearing one in the first place, but 's all cool. (Not in public!)

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Small Victories

Ugh! I love her to pieces. But the hair that came off of her could make 3 wigs! And I wasn't even finished!

Also, YAY for a normal work load! :slight_smile:

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aaah, I'm a maths person, I had HL maths and physics in high school and they were my favourites, and the thing I was not looking forward to was the obligatory group 3 subject. I mean, maths was fun, and physics was a bit tedious but we had a cool teacher who taught us how to solve the Schodinger equation and other uni stuff instead of what he was supposed to teach us, and we were a strong year at that. Literature was fun though. History was something everyone complained about to the max, bio was panick but at least memorisable, I haven't heard anything bad about psych, and languages B were considered the easy stuff.

9. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm the exact opposite - I'm more a humanities and lit kind of guy. I was kind of annoyed about having to continue biology and maths because they're my weakest subjects. Also I actually wanted to take HL theatre arts instead of psych but I couldn't because not enough people signed up, which was a shame.

Thanks for the tips. From the books we'll be studying it looks like lit will be fun, and it's reassuring that SL french is apparently easy. As for history, I can see why people think it's a difficult subject but I was told that taking it for a GCSE would be the end of me and it has become one of my strongest and favorite subjects. The other history students and I did complain about the workload a lot, but I think we all secretly loved it.

I do have a question: what do you actually learn in TOK? All I know about it is that we'll be assessed on some presentation and there are 8 ways of knowing...how was it when you did it?

10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I rang my doctors surgery today to make sure I've been referred as requested. Turns out I was on 9 August! I've stuck the date in the diary as a milestone. It made me happy.

11. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We didn't have theatre, but we had visual arts. In the end it looked like much work to do (and IB is constantly being short of time, for anyone regardless of how good or bad students they were), it didn't have an opinion of a difficult subject, but it was hard to get something else than 5 or 6, and grades seemed quite random. Psychology, on the other hand, seemed to be a very ordinary knowledge-based subject and quite pleasant and interesting. History seemed... demanding, but interesting. Especially if you like it.

TOK :grin: Well. We debated a lot. And watched films. And made presentations about things in the news. It was time to chill out. Besides, you have to learn the syllabus and use it in your graded assignments. The syllabus was some 20 pages long, but don't quote me on it. The presentation, I dunno, I did it overnight just to get it done, because of course I had lab deadlines, and econ portfolio deadlines, and all kinds of more important deadlines, and received the worst score given, namely 8/10. I have no idea how those presentations work. I found the eassay a bit better, but some people found it more difficult. The essay is 2/3 of the final grade, still, if I'm not wrong. Anyway, it's more important than the presentation. IMHO, you shouldn't worry about the presentation at all and use your time for e.g. history instead. It's just a normal analytical essay. You have a statement, you write pros, cons, ways of knowing, different PoVs, give examples...

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just got my nails done for the first time ever. The lady there said I look like a ballerina in my dress and very glamorous. Used proper pronouns and according to my friend asked when I was coming back since I first went there over a year ago.

13. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I cut my hair short I actually like looking in the mirror.

14. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people at work have given me the nickname Calvin because it's kind of a play on words with my last name. Not the name I prefer but hey it's something

15. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got my FBI fingerprint results back today... just one more step and then I can file my Petition for Legal Name Change here in Colorado! (!) (!) (!)

Oh, yeah... And my FBI report is clean. So that's good too! :slight_smile:

Happy weekend to everyone!
    ~Em

16. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, all you guys doing IB. I almost did that but ended up doing A levels (not really my choice) and I died crashed and burned doing A levels alone. So props to you guys.

17. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank god my mom has been so cool about me getting a binder.. I mean, we've both had rough spots with it but I'm just glad to have her..

18. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sounds great. wish i could get my nails done, but in the job i do i cant have them painted. being a chef does have its disadvantages

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People at my night job are still calling me a male name. And I've felt like a real bro all night, just feeling content and confident, talking shit and high fiving lol. Not really related, but yeah, I'm feeling alright today.

20. thepandaboss

I said something to my grandma this morning and my mom, who was right across from her, looked around all confused. "Who said that?"

She realized it was me. "I thought it was your grandfather for a second"

I'm gonna be 3 months on T in just a little over a week. :grin: