1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats! I'm sorry that the nurse corrected the other one, though.

2. Seige

Got silicone insoles for my chest the other day! Gonna work up the courage and wear them to school. Im super nervous, but I think im ready. Ill wear them under a loose hoodie, so theyll barely be visible, but still...

3. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today was the first time I intrpduced myself as male with a male name to new people. I stayed with them for a while and they didn't notice anything wrong with me and even said I was cool. I think I'm starting to gain more confidence, although I was very afraid that somebody will notice my female parts and left when more people came. I'm so happy that I passed. ^_^

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Passed as male at a local, infamously homophobic military supply store. :slight_smile:

5. LezBFriends

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So this isn't a major "yay" moment but in the past few weeks I have been finally accepting myself to the point where I am more curious to learn more about trans lifestyles. I have finally realized that I am comfortable as a male.

When I was in college I participated in a drag show. I was crowned most convincing King. And the night before my friend took me out and introduced me as his new guy friend from out of town. No one new I was a female! It made me feel so happy!

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two more days until I go back to Philly, woot!

It's not really a plus since I'm sick and fighting a nasty sore throat, my voice sounds raspy and deeper than usual--so that's a confidence boost!

7. Romi

Pret is a constant small victory for me. Every time we talk. Because he never lets himself or me forget. And I could not be more thankful for that.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Apperantly my voice passes now. Went on the Japanese equivalent of ############# without a cam, no one even questioned wether I'm a guy or not.

9. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    went to ricki's womens wear to look for a new top to match with new pants. ended up telling the women there it was for me. she then asked if i wanted to try on some tops to see which one i liked the most. then tried on some slacks to match with the top. ended up she said a new necklace would work great. and bought all. what a sensation to be able to walk in pick out some stuff and try it all on and get opinions on how it looked. she said they were gender friendly, and were very helpfull. what a great day today

10. Polka Dots

This is my first time here. I hope even though I'm still questioning it's okay that I post in this thread.

I have always checked "female" on forms (reluctantly)... until this morning when I was feeling particularly brave on an online survey and chose "male". Immediately I started beaming ear-to-ear, and when the company replied with "We're not interested in hearing from your demographic at this time" I couldn't help but laugh.

It made me very... happy.

11. WyldStyle

Lately I've been wearing boots to school that are considerably more feminine in style. Somewhat like ugg boots because they have gray fake fur on the top and sides. Yesterday in class we were doing an experiment where groups of 4-5 had to sort themselves by a measurable quality and the class had to guess what it was (height, hair length, etc.) Someone in my group suggested we sort ourselves by the height of our boots, and everyone started to look at each other's shoes. No one said anything or even seemed to think twice about the boots I was wearing, and I felt a lot more comfortable with myself :slight_smile:

12. Justmebeingme

My friend who is also gender fluid and a few people online have all accepted that im gender fluid and pansexual and some will even use my prefered name (only if they dont mine im not gonna force people call me by it)

13. WillowRose

Survived my first electrolysis session yesterday.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I held the door for a bunch of people. As an older guy tried to held it for me, I refused and said 'ladies first'. He tried to struggle with me, but I didn't let him have his way, it would have embarrased me.

A few months ago I would have given up, trying to avoid an embarrasing situation for both parties. Nowadays, I fight for my right to be perceived exactly for who I am on the inside, and I don't care anymore about social conventions, even if I don't pass... I'm not going to change my own personality and the way I am just because I don't pass.

15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how was that? it's on my list to get done.

16. WillowRose

I was prepared for it to be really unbearable, but it ended up being only mildly irritating. But I may be singing a different tune after a hundred hours or more of the same.

Also, from everything I've read, it's very much a YMMV thing.

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i told my son last night that i am BI and that i am not completly a cis male but somewhere on the gender spectrum (trans spectrum) and i am trying to figure out where i am on this. i didn't tell him everything, he doesn't need to know about my full cross dressing. but at least that much is out in the open between us.

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2015 at 01:24 PM ----------

thanks, haveing some experience and feed back is great.

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back from Philly with the bae and we both got our first T shots yesterday!

19. Acm

Acm Guest

Congratulations!

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was way better than I expected, since I was under the impression it was gonna hurt--not at all.