1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone from Mazzoni called back and everything is scheduled. I'm going down on January 14th for the initial medical consult I guess, then going back in February 5th for 11am and 1pm for something (forgot what she said) and the second medical check in which will teach me how to inject.

Merry fucking Christmas to me!

1Gilbert likes this.
  2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Congrats, man.

--

Well, starting to expand on social media. Set up a LinkedIn and my cousin and uncle both added me to their circles.

Find it awfully funny that my own mother hasn't even tried to add me yet on Facebook, considering I'm now friends with almost everyone in the family. Not that I really want her on Facebook. But I never blocked her and she clearly hasn't blocked me. So, this'll be interesting.

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I went ice skating with a bunch of friends and when ordering my ice skate size the guy was like "hey mate what can I get ya?" so I told him my shoe size and he gave me a pair of the guys skates. I was so excited.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my trans friends... well I call him my brother, said I looked really good in my latest picture. He... never compliments anyone on anything. Sorta like my biological brother. I must have done something right.

Verklighet likes this.
  5. WyldStyle

I'm always dressing up when I'm home alone and taking pictures of myself, I've been doing it for over the year. I always think the pictures look hideous and I know that I'll never pass with the way I look. However, yesterday I put some time and effort into my outfit and I felt so confident about how I looked that I uploaded them to facebook and my EC profile. I still don't pass but who cares? I thought I looked beautiful :3

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That dress is awesome and you are cute anyways. You for one look good in a dress even if male bodied. Two you could put in more proportional breast forms. Three makeup.

Then you would in my opinion pass marvelously.

But you're actually quite cute to me the way you are.

7. WyldStyle

Thank you :3

I love wearing dresses and skirts, they just feel so pretty and comfortable. With the breasts I was trying something different today, and I suppose didn't pay too much attention to the proportions, whoopsies! Either way I need to get a better fitting bra, 34A is a little too tight on me. And with makeup, I haven't started there yet but I know I need it. My dark hair causes me to have a natural five o'clock shadow on my upper lip so I definitely need some foundation to cover that up. That's all for another day I suppose.

8. JustJJx

Couldn't agree more with Kasey, you are adorbs in that outfit! :grin:

9. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I contacted my Uni's counselling services today. Just filled out a form telling them I wanted to speak to someone. Said that I thought I might be transgender. They're supposed to be pretty good counsellors, I know people who've used them. Hopefully they can help me work some stuff out, and maybe become the first step on the long road to transitioning :slight_smile:

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One piece of advice, be truthful.

If you feel they are at all professional, spill your guts. Don't be like me and "hold something back" because I was scared of judgement.

11. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you (*hug*) I will try to remember that, because I am a little worried that I'll end up distorting the truth. I feel a little insecure because I don't fit the typical trans narrative, and am worried they won't take me seriously.

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no trans narrative. You don't have to have crushing physical dysphoria to be trans. I never did either, but that was because of social brainwashing of the longest time.

13. WyldStyle

Congrats! I bet that took a lot of bravery. I hope you get the help you're looking for! c:

14. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Sent my friend a picture of myself and asked if it was convincing enough. She said of course - but the best part, she sent it to a bunch of her friends and they said I was HOT! :3

Starting to a feel a whole lot more comfortable in my appearance. Just waiting on that pesky binder.

15. Orange Bananas

I got sirred at a fancy restaurant! And unlike usually, nobody corrected the waiter! Yay! (!)

16. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You're right, just gotta hope non-trans people understand that too.

Thank you :grin:

17. I'm_Danni_x

I know this sounds a bit sad and not a major success like most of yours, but I was finally allowed to cut my hair short and because Ive got an androgynous appearance I was called a male in public it made me so happy. Plus my friend had said :'Hey young man, loving your hair'. It's like I've achieved so much and I'm not even transitioning yet :slight_smile:

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The point is you gotta start somewhere. This is a victory nonetheless. More will come.

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im considering electrylosis as it is supposed to be truely permenant. is the lazer painful, im a wooss

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:50 AM ----------

well obviously,he has eyes, because you are a stunner.(*hug*)

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:52 AM ----------

not "ewww" like you put up, rather "AWWW" really cute, i wish i looked half as nice.

20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea after a number of treatments the hair follicles are all dead and do not grow back. It's like electrolysis over a longer time. Stings for like a fraction of a second then goes away. Male bodied people take a bit longer. Like 7 to 10 treatments depending how thick the hair is. Female bodied usually has permanent hair removal after 6 treatments.