1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since getting my own copy in the mail a few days ago, I've remembered just how much I love Radiohead's Hail to the Thief. :grin:

2. AlamoCity

So, when the Supreme Court declined to intervene in the Alabama gay marriage case, Justice Thomas wrote a dissent and was joined by Scalia (anyone else think Thomas and Scalia secretly want to get gay married? :lol:slight_smile:. In the order declining to issue a stay (which are usually a sentence long), Thomas wasted THREE pages of ink to chastise the other seven justices for not issuing a stay.

Honestly, I think he knows come June it will all be over and it will end up being 5-7 justices who will, in whole or in part, affirm (same-sex) marriage as a right.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm drinking my suicide thoughts away.

4. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I like Thom Yorke's alternate track order, I think it flows better than the original, which is still pretty dang good.

there, there
    the gloaming
    sail to the moon
    sit down. stand up
    go to sleep
    whereiendandubegin
    scatterbrain
    2+2=5
    myxomatosis
    a wolf at the door

5. Gen

Gen

People do realize that Sam Smith wrote his entire album about a straight man, right?

I completely respect taking inspiration however it comes, but I would imagine that these headlines about him publicly thanking the man who "broke his heart" and earned him for Grammy doesn't put him in the best position. Smith essentially sought after him, was rejected, wrote a Grammy winning album, and publicized not only his identity but the entire situation as well. Am I the only one who notices how extremely creepy and inappropriate this is?

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I just saw some people fetishising trans guys online. Calling us "men with vaginas" and such and talking about having sex with us because it's kinky.

Okay, first of all, I'm a guy. That's it. Don't fetishise me for my birth defect. Whatever is in my pants, will never be SHOWN to anyone, let alone touched.

Fuck off, bi-curious assholes.

Now I know how the trans ladies feel.

7. AlamoCity

Church's Chicken for dinner. My stomach will make me regret it, but it's really good.

8. Hiems

Idk, maybe being transparent isn't creepy. If he was asked about what his inspiration was for the album, then what else was he supposed to say? Perhaps thanking the straight guy wasn't the best way to go about it, but at least he's being honest with what inspired him.

Are you suggesting that a more low-key approach would have been less creepy, e.g. "My album was based on an unrequited love with a man" and leave it at that?

His inspiration reminds me of Chasing Pavements and 21 because Adele said she wrote that song and those songs in the album about an unrequited love with a gay guy. But she didn't mention that inspiration as publically as Sam Smith did. She talked about it in her biography instead -shrugs-

9. Jared

I'm so tired of dealing with patronizing people, I'm not 5 so don't treat me like I am

10. Gen

Gen

Transparency is something that should be handled with care when the information that is being divulge does not merely expose ourselves. A celebrity having sex with a closeted individual is still committing a heinous act by making that encounter public, regardless of how transparent they might wish to be. Unrequited love is something that many people can relate to. With songs such as "Leave Your Lover", it was blatantly obvious the perspective that he was coming from when writing this album.

However, the nature of unrequited love is that one party is not interested in the attention of the other, regardless of how respectful they might be about the situation. I appreciate the album and I am absolutely interested in what Sam Smith has to offer in the future, but if you honestly sit down and think about this situation it is not appropriate. Transparency is being forthcoming in the way that such a situation affected you and inspired this album. It isn't divulging specifics about your experiences with a man who was never interested in your attention and I am almost certain isn't interested in the attention of widespread media.
    Unless I'm mistaken Adele was in a relationship with a bisexual man who left her for another man. She spoke about her inspiration behind those records not simply about having a broken heart, but the anger that she held about the entire experience. It wasn't a case of unrequited love. I could be wrong; I've just never heard otherwise.

11. AlamoCity

So, I know it's not going to do anything, but I "electronically signed" my name to the Human Rights Campaign's amicus curiae brief to be filed before the Supreme Court. It will be pretty cool if I am a part of history, if only as a footnote in a friend-of-the-court brief. Note, your name might be made public.

If interested, you can do the same at The People's Brief

12. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

1 week, 1 day later and my hair looks good still.
    - Water washing is successful so far.

13. Hiems

True, I can see how this guy would have to deal with the media, especially because Sam claims he would visit him and let him touch the Grammy awards. This individual could be exposed, and that will probably make his life a living hell.

---

Damn it, I have chest tightness with a dry cough and a slightly runny nose. So far, my coughs don't produce mucus, so using Mucinex is unnecessary. Nyquil with DM is better because it will suppress the dry cough -_- Took some awhile ago. Hopefully I'll feel better. Being sick sucks...

#5833 Hiems, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  14. Burnedcloset

thinking about ideal dates. I'm such a hopeless romantic.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Ugh. I need another norco but have to limit them. Pot helps but it wears off. You know, I hate to say it but I wish it was my appendix or something- at least they actually fucking remove something like that instead of just stuffing you with pills and sending you home. But no, it's "normal" and until I get a hysto or something, I gotta deal with it. I mean, maybe the cyst will rupture or something. I dunno. Hope it does. I can't take another day of this, ugh. I'll take 20 minutes of agonizing pain if it means the source of pain's gone for good.

16. GhostNeko

*thinks: How the hell do I set a gif as my avatar...*
    *gives up*

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The woman I really like told her mom about me. So her mom searched me on Facebook and approves! ^_^

18. Burnedcloset

I wonder how I would look if I got my eyebrows done....maybe it would look bad. Idk

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Back to work in 3,2,1...
    [​IMG]

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really should sleep... Also, pulling out my electric blanket was the best idea ever :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.