1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. Glad to have more confirmation I've no impact. :dry:

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

"unconditional! unconditionally! I will love you unconditionally!!!" :grin: :grin: :grin: by the lovely Katy Perry! :grin:

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I managed to trade in a bunch of my old stuffs for store credit; $74 worth. Extremely happy. Bought a couple Faulkners, Murakamis, and Camus', along with a vinyl copy of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's 'Belong' which was marked down 30%. This boy is pleased :grin:

4. Bolin

Just spent the last hour and a half making a bunch of gifs for Tumblr. Now it's time to relax with some music and maybe a hot bath. :3

5. RadioRoss

*sigh* she's so wonderful, and beautiful, and intelligent, and talented and she doesnt know it.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww, I was hoping for a real Aussie brawl! :lol: Glad she's okay. My mom gets really emotional if she even gets slightly hurt and it was an accident.

7. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Are you talking about yourself? :lol:

8. RadioRoss

hahaha no xD

someone else :icon_redf

9. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    There was a very pretty and friendly girl at the checkout today in a shop I sometimes go in. Haven't seen her before. I was only buying one item and there were people behind me so didn't have the chance to talk with her. However on a cursory glance at her in search of compliment material her name tag revealed she has the same first name as me, so a potential conversation starter should I see her again.

10. Hiems

Crap, I got home at 4PM from school and fell asleep until 9PM. I guess I was really tired, lol. Should set up an alarm next time...

I lost 5 hours of study time. Gotta get crackin on those books, but my dad is singing karaoke atm, which is making it difficult to concentrate.

I need to stay up late again to study, to make up for the time lost to sleeping. Oh well :/

11. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Fucking smoke alarm just decided to go off for the first time in... ever. And it chooses to do this at 3.15am.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd say that's a good thing, though! Your fire alarm, though late in acknowledgement, is finally recognizing how hot you are.

*cymbal*

13. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh you are terrible :grin:

Admittedly it's my own fault for getting peckish and heating up (not burning) a southern fried chicken burger at this time of the night/morning.

It's an improvement on our last alarm, which ignored all smoke but went off every time hair dye was in the vicinity.

14. Burnedcloset

There's this guy at starbucks near me.....I think he's so cute. He wears this hat.....and he has these really cute forarms that he pulls up his sleeves to show. He's so my type too (and I don't even have a type)

I wonder if he's gay.....he talks a little stereotypically 'gay'. His mannerisms are a little feminine to. Hmmmmmmmm he probably wouldn't like me anyway......:frowning2:

I think I actually have my first crush.

#4354 Burnedcloset, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  15. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love how my mother is always like, "If you are mad, then it's your problem. In the "real world" or "workplace", there will be people who are annoying and will scream at you and you need to deal with that. So I'll help by giving you practice."

But when I respond coldly to her nagging. screaming, lecturing, etc., she's like, "You need respect for authority, and that means me, balhbalhblah, something about PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ANGRY IN THE WORKPLACE", and I'm thinking, gee, youre telling me that I need to let people walk over me, somehow get promoted in whatever field I go into, never show any emotion, and basically live life like a fucking robot. WELL GUESS WHAT, IM NOT A FUCKING ROBOT, AND IF YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A "PLEASANT TONE" THEN DONT FUCK WITH ME AND I WONT BE A SHITTY-ASS CHILD FOR GOODNESS SAKE. Also, what she said is kinda contradictory; if people aren't allowed to express anger via screaming, yelling, constant nagging (e.g. once every five minutes), etc. in the workplace, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO PREPARE ME FOR THAT.

Random thought #1: people eventually die, so with my mother's philosophy, we should prepare people for death by killing them! *rolls eyes*

Random thought #2: If people always obeyed authority without question, we would probably have a seriously messed up world, because all it takes is one crappy leader to screw everything up.

Srry if this doesnt make any sense; I'm just really pissed off because my mother is being a [insert swear word here] :bang:

16. Gen

Gen

I completely understand.

Race and social class have always had a hand in the distribution of media coverage. The events that unfolded in France are unacceptable and it is admirable that the rest of the world is watching and speaking out against it, but are we ever even going to have a serious conversation about Nigeria? No one expects the world to unite and march in solidarity with these people. No one expects international authorities to take serious action to put an end to this. There is just no logic in living in the world that we do and expecting all atrocities committed to innocent lives to receive the same amount of outcry and attention for all people.

Amidst all the perfectly valid moments of silence and social discussions about France, whether they be within traditional media or social mediums such as this site, to simply acknowledge and include the discussion of the thousands of people who are still dying. Particularly the women, children, and elderly who could not run from their homes fast enough; the thousands still being imprisoned as we speak. To watch even a fraction of the same support and thoughtful messages pour out. To act as though this was an event that genuinely disheartened and angered us would be groundbreaking.

17. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Hoodie and pajama pants... Soooo comfy.

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shiri Eisner
    Yesterday at 2:15am · Edited ·

I've been hearing a lot about hypocrisy in the past week following the events in France. I just wanted to say that I don't believe in double standards.

There is no double standard, there is no hypocrisy. There is a single standard, and that is racism. The entire recent dialogue all over the world around race issues has had only one message: white lives are valuable. The lives of Muslims, black people and people of color are not.

19. AlamoCity

It reminds me of some ridiculed the #BringBackOurGirls publicity in light of the kidnapping of the Nigerian girls, but few people criticized the #JeSuisCharlie hashtag.

20. ChameleonSoul

Take a chance and go for it! The worst thing he could say is that he's straight after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.