1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting too attached

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tacgirl, Nov 21, 2014.

1. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are your views on attachment? This girl that I met online, her and I have been talking every day. We text in the morning, message on facebook once we get to work, and talk on the phone for at least an hour every night. We're meeting tomorrow for the first time, and I feel like we already know each other. She's expressed similar sentiment. Our conversations lately have gotten sexual in nature... though I've never actually slept with a woman. This came up the other night, and I was honest about it. We gave each other some space for a day, but it was very hard on both of us. I'm wondering if this is normal? I think I already have feelings for this girl, and we haven't even met yet! I'm really excited but apprehensive about tomorrow. Any advice?!

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently in a long distance relationship and my gf and I talk on the phone or text all day long. I can relate to what you said as I feel like I know her already even though we have yet to have the chance to meet. As for tomorrow I would just try to relax as much as possible and be yourself. Being face to face you have the chance to ask her questions that maybe seemed to personal to ask while just on the phone or texting. For example what she is wanting in life and her future goals etc.

3. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good advice. We've been able to talk a lot about personal things. Good luck to you and your gf! I hope you get to meet soon!

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Take it slow, don't get too attached, or at least try to hide it a little bit. At least until you make sure that she is feeling exactly the same.

By confessing your feelings towards a person, you are leaving yourself exposed, that's why it's better to let her lead.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I have been there too. I think that a lot of it is enthusiasm, and the thrill of anticipation. I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes it is everything we'd hoped for. Other times, not so much. there was one guy that I was sure would be the one for an LTR based on all our chats and texts. when we finally got together, it just fizzled. but I don't regret all the hopes and buildup to it. sometimes it is everything we hoped for and more. but the real person is never quite the same as the virtual one. sometimes they're even better. but they're always different. not that they're pretending or lying, it's just that's the nature of things. I alway keep the wisdom of Spock in mind: "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting."
    p.s. -- please do let us know how things work out!!!

6. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey-

We met and really hit it off. She asked if I would mind going exclusive right away, but I wasn't seeing anyone else anyways. We really like each other. We're gonna give it a go! :slight_smile:

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

hooray!!!! I hope you both have a great time of it!!!
    (&&&)

8. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! Me too!

9. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear my heart on my sleeve. I just, could never do online dating. I'd go all-in, and would highly doubt the feelings of a LDR to be genuine. ._.

Still, great news to hear that it's working for you! Here's hoping they're the one! ^^

10. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, we're definitely going to have a tough road ahead. We both seem willing to try, though...so I guess we'll see! :slight_smile: