1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You See In Your Dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Nov 8, 2014.

1. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    One time, myself and three friends played GTA online for 18 hours straight then had a sleepover and while I was sleeping I had a dream I was IN the game. It was trippy af.

2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    sex , bad omens ,and crazy shit

3. Candace

I had a weird dream a few nights ago where I was in the car with my dad. We drove from Atlanta to the Appalachian Mountains, went into a tunnel, and on the other side, we entered Pittsburgh. My dad said that he's never taken me there (true, I've never been to Pittsburgh), so that struck me as odd.

My dreams are wacky, have lots of random guests, like Celine Dion, Groucho Marx, Carmen Miranda, and end up in the weirdest places. When I wake up, I'm like "wait...I must have dreamed that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't remember most of my dreams. But sometimes I try to find out because I feel curious enough and I find some time.

Okay, so, my dreams. Hmm. I'm rarely human. First person perspective. Sometimes changes to a birds-eye view similar to my strategy games. Recently, I dreamed about a duel to the death with longswords, against a colleague, in the middle of a shopping centre, and nearby people kept shopping as if this was a normal event. A dream that I've had a few times is simply driving a bus full of passengers unaware of the danger, on a thin road with twists and turns, over a deep ocean. Some of my dreams are variations of futuristic team battles set in post-apocalyptic worlds. I used to have nightmares about Hell. It only stopped when I talked to one of the demons and we shook hands.

Playing video games almost certainly influences my dreams. Hell, in a dream many years ago, I explored LV-426 with Mewtwo, Suicune, and Sonic. We left Sonic to the xenomorphs because just like in some of the games he couldn't jump high enough to get over something. It was so weird that I couldn't help laughing when I woke up.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My father.

6. beyourself

beyourself Guest

I don't remember my dreams I dreamed recently. The most memorable dreams are always some kind of nightmare where I am getting chased, the end of the world and so on.

7. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dunno, can't remember....

8. Kinyayo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dreams are usually a reflection of my thoughts, desires, worries and events that happened during the daytime. But this reflection is weird, sometimes exaggerated and far from reality. Let's say, I can travel a large distances in a matter of seconds. Let's say, I'm in my parents apartment in my hometown, and suddenly when I open the door I am on the streets of the city where I currently live. Also, the weather is strange in most of my dreams: unrealistically heavy rain with lightnings every millisecond, orange colored sky or multiple moons on the sky. Also, I often see my grandmother in my dreams. Sometimes she is happy, but sometimes she is sad. At that times I even think that she is watching after my actions from the sky. So I know if I am doing the right things or something is wrong.

And of course I do have erotic dreams, which usually involve my current romantic love, but I often wake up before the things are done. Lol.

9. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It kind of depends on what I've been thinking about or what's happened on that day/week. Sometimes I'll dream of the weirdest things possible and not remember them when i wake up. Then they come back to me in the middle of the day and I'm just confused by what popped into my head. :lol:
    Most of the time though, I can remember my dreams and they're usually either a weird adaptation of something that happened to me, I've been thinking about, or saw on tv/film.

10. SomeLeviathan

post traumatic stress flashbacks.

11. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's very rare for me to have a truly abstract dream; most are fairly realistic and relate to even very subtle or trivial thoughts or experiences I had that day. What's kind of weird though is that almost ever dream I have (that I remember after waking up) takes place in either the house I grew up in or the summer house my parents used to have in the Adirondacks. I can't recall ever having one in any of the places I've lived over the past eight years or so.

For some reason I also have a lot of dreams where I'm playing hockey (which I haven't done since I was 13), almost always with some missing or malfunctioning piece of equipment. I always win too so I don't know.

And of course, different crushes seem to make their way into my dreams on a regular basis. About 50-50 whether they are positive or negative dreams though.

12. Ryu

Ryu

I enjoy Lucid dreaming and dream planning like coming up with a plot duri g the day and saying over in my head when I go to sleep. I would ask my subconcious questions if I could remember to ask them.

13. Formality

Honestly most of the dreams I've had has followed the same pattern. I'm always on my way somewhere but things come up, like there's a huge traffic jam, or that I for some reason can't walk faster than snail pace. There's always something, like some problem that pops up to keep me from ever reaching my goal. I always wake up before I get to where I'm going, or finish what I'm trying to do. It's almost always the same.It's very frustrating. Most of them are very dark and somewhat disturbing.

I once had a really scary dream that it was the end of the world and things were falling down on earth and I could see massive planets and moons all around the sky. The same thing there, I was trying to escape but I could move. It felt so real that when I woke up I was surprised I was lying in my bed.

#33 Formality, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  14. DinelodiiGitli

Lately all I've had are nightmares, they usually start out fine and then go horribly wrong.
    One recent one I had (get ready for some weird stuff m'kay?) involved me having numerous dogs (YAY! PUPPIES!) including my current one (who despises other dogs actually) we were just playing around outside.....then my dog turned into a demonic humanoid creature and tried to murder me.

Thanks Zoloft.

15. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Weird nebulous conglomerations of different people/things/scenarios I've seen or imagined; ineffable things; a common trend is slowness to act/move, dullness or darkness of vision, like my eyes are half-closed; none of this is universal though. In the past few years I've had a lot more highly-vivid dreams, usually during periods of less-than-ideal mental well-being - one recent experience involved some type of noncorporeal entity pressing down on me in my bed. It was a malevolent presence, and I thought I was awake. Seems like a night terror or something.

For a long time and to this day one of the most common themes in nightmares of mine has been tornadoes. Had several scares involving those as a kid and have been terrified of them ever since, even pictures of them give me the willies; luckily they're not too common around here. But they still show up in my dreams, happened just a few nights ago.

16. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in denial of my sexuality there were a lot more gay-themed dreams. Now they're usually either school anxiety-related or random. Last night was completely random...going with my family and my boyfriend to San Francisco to see Celine Dion in concert because in my dream (not in reality) my mom was obsessed with Celine Dion.

17. BaconMonster

Sometimes I think dreams actually mean something symbolically. I know that sounds crazy but listen to this.

While I was living in florida with my mom, I kept having these terrible nightmares of spiders for seemingly no reason. I would see these spiders crawling up my arm or I would see them rapidly and terrifyingly approach from a distance. These dreams were consistent and they only ever occurred while I stayed with my mother. While I don't particularly care for spiders, I'm not overtly afraid of them, I don't have arachnophobia either. Yet I had these dreams. So I looked up dreams about spiders online, in a dream dictionary. The dictionary said that spiders are symbolic of an overbearing, controlling mother. Which was exactly on point. Once I stopped living with her, the dreams stopped. Coincidence? I think not.

18. GewfyGlenn

My (non-sexual) dreams are usually very realistic with one incredible strange thing in the world different (almost like family guys episode "The multiverse")

My sexual dreams are very...uhm...vivid, and I actually write erotic fiction based off them...I should start a blog.

Lately I have been having a lot of dreams about a guy I met...see where that leads :grin:

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dreams tend to be rather mundane. The last dream (a nightmare) I had was of receiving a below average score on a history essay.

It's not as pathetic as it might sound, given that history is my top subject and may very well decide how my university application will go. Most of my dreams contain a problem related to assessment; I'm devoting most of my life to it, so of course school's going to be prominent in my dreams.

20. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

My dreams have been horrible lately.. I've been dreaming about people calling me worthless and just generally shaming me. I have no idea why either. I guess I have been a bit depressed lately but I don't understand how my thoughts have managed to manifest into dreams like that. Maybe because I feel worthless sometimes? Not sure.

But.. I will tell you guys my best dream. I had a really beautiful dream about 7 months ago.. I met this imaginary girl and she was perfect in every way.. It felt so real and magical and then I woke up and realised it was just a dream. I almost don't believe it was a dream.. Because it felt too real. Her name was Ina I think.. No i'm not going crazy! This was a legit dream. We were playing out in the snow and everything.. Kissing and laughing. Oh my god. It was so cute. You know.. it's not like it's never going to happen. I have my whole life ahead of me. I've already had a girlfriend too.. It didn't last long though.. I got too scared to come out. So I broke it off.

But this dream.. Was so real and so beautiful.. I even remember waking up at 4 am that morning and thinking ''don't leave'' or ''keep sleeping'' I fell asleep and the dream continued.

^I copied that from a post I made 7 months ago. I edited it a bit though.