1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good and Bad

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Aug 22, 2014.

1. justjade

Today at work was kind of crappy at first. I came in to work at 6am as usual, and the supervisor had me doing like 6 things at the same time. Needless to say, I couldn't keep up, and the supervisor came over to help or whatever the hell it is that she does when she comes over and bitches at us, and she said to me, "I don't see why you're struggling", and I was seriously about to say, "Bitch, it's because you have me doing a whole bunch of shit at once." It pissed me off even more because, while I was freaking the hell out trying really hard not to walk out, some stupid bitch was sitting there on a stool, and her whole job was to put one sticker on each package. I tried to ask her if a couple packages set off to the side were ready to be boxed, and she snapped, "I don't know. I can only do one thing at once." I swear, she was literally pouring sweat in the 70 degree factory sitting on a fucking stool putting one single sticker in the same place on each fucking package, and the line wasn't even moving very quickly.

Anyway, my line leader is awesome. She told the manager we needed more people. That was before I got way backed up and started having the urge to pull my brain out through my ears. However, the manager blew it off. After I started freaking out, the supervisor finally "found" me some help. One of my helpers was this guy who had been there for years. I asked him if there was ever a time that a single person was expected to do all this shit at the same time. He said, "Yeah, but they usually have a guy doing this job."

Granted, usually all the things you would need to do are normally not all at least 15 feet apart, and as much as I feel that I can't blame him since I'm not out at work yet, that hurt. I didn't want to say anything even though, legally, I can't be fired for my gender identity now, since I'm not ready to have the hell bullied out of me by these assholes that don't think I'm a real man because I'm not some kind of omnidextrous octopus hybrid. Now, I'm really afraid I won't be taken seriously if and when I do decide to come out because, evidently, I can't do everything guys can do. I'm probably just overthinking this, but it pissed me off so bad.

Fast forward to shortly before lunch. Dude left to work on a machine or something. I get a new helper. He's cool. His name is Andy. We pretty much hit it off. Well, somehow or other we got into talking about tattoos. I mentioned to him I like a tattoo that a certain musician has on his neck. That musician is Lucas Silveira. Andy asks which band this musician is in. I tell him it's The Cliks. This guy hasn't heard of them. I told him I hadn't either, so for some reason, I told him how I discovered this band. Anyone who knows of The Cliks probably knows Lucas Silveira is a trans man. I don't know why I felt the need to expound on this topic, but I ended up coming out to this random guy I work with.

Oddly enough, even though he was caught off guard by it, he understood. He's very perceptive, and he actually did not ask me if I have a penis, which usually comes up when I come out to someone from my hometown. But up here, in North Canton, I'm already out to two people at work, and they're both really understanding and accepting. Even though Andy doesn't really know how to deal with trans people, he shows a willingness to learn and work with me. The fact that he probably thinks I'm cute doesn't hurt either. :wink:

It's probably too early to say, but I think this move has been a success.

2. charlie t

charlie t Guest

I get exactly where you are coming from. I'm a truck loader from a vending company and I'm also a trans male. I work with mostly guys and they treat me like a woman that can't lift shit because she has a vagina. I totally look like a dude everyday, but I'm not out. I can't really come out because my dad works at the same place and he doesn't know I'm a dude. It's like, just because I can't lift two cases of pop at the same time like they can doesn't mean I'm a weak ass woman, you know? It's actually because I'm not the strongest person, no matter my gender.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's 2 JJ, a good start.

4. justjade

Yeah. I feel ya. I work in a factory, and even though I can lift over 40 lbs and do shit really fast, I still don't get treated like a man, except to the two whole people I'm out to. I somehow managed to get lumped in with this group of ladies, and they just think I'm a very tomboyish girl. I look pretty masculine except for my protruding chest tumors. I don't get what gives.

About the coming out thing, I don't really have that problem. I actually live hours away from my parents. I am, however, out on Facebook, and I do get kind of worried that someone will actually read my profile and say something to them.

---------- Post added 24th Aug 2014 at 05:01 PM ----------

Thanks! :grin: