1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pro life vs pro choice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maselalala, Aug 21, 2014.

?

pro life or pro choice

1. Pro-Life

15 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Pro-Choice

111 vote(s)
    88.1%
  1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kind of the point, BobObob; the foetus is not a conscious participant, nor does it have any nervous system or intelligence. What comes across, however, is that an absolute stranger is somehow a legitimate participant with an equal opinion over what you do with your own body.

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Though I have mixed feelings about abortion on a personal level, at the end of the day it isn't my life, and therefore it isn't my choice. I believe people should be free to do what they want with their bodies.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I hate that , damn reflex:dry:

4. Thedistra

It is rather amusing that people that are pro-life tend to be totally okay with abortions when done to other animals. It's very hypocritical, both should be murder(well at least animal abuse) in their eyes. Especially since the circumstances for both are very similar.

I'm pro-choice.

I had a whole big thing typed up but I decided it was to much.

#144 Thedistra, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  5. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's true except for rare late term abortions.

6. AAASAS

No, thats like saying is abortion the same thing as chopping someones head off. The end result is the same, death of a living being, but the two states the beings are in are different.

A trees life to humans is not of the same value as a human life, so it's quiet different.

All living beings suffer, but it is not in a species best interest to commit murder of their own species. Yes I know bears and some monkeys commit infanticide, but that's more a dominance thing and just a result of evolution(more violent members of a species ended up successfully breeding the most; due to infanticide).

I don't for one second believe in the mother's body issue, and it's not because I'm a male, it's because I'm a human. It takes a man and a woman to make a baby, just because the female carries it in her belly doesn't meant she is the only one that get's the make the decision. For the most part when a mother is pregnant; besides those species that lay eggs, a lot of males provide food for the mother while she is carrying the children. If the male or others weren't around the mother would die. A human female could not fend for her self in the wild ; remember government laws and our way of life is not how humans came to be, she had to depend on a male or other females to provide her with food and shelter while carrying the child.

So yes the mother does carry the child, but the man traditionally was caring for her, which is just as big an effort as sitting there letting the kid grow. Going out hunting, risking your life, is a pretty huge sacrifice for a baby. People just forget the role men play because of modern society. Now food is abundant and a mother could easily fend for herself while pregnant by going on social assistance program; which is 50% paid for; most likely more due to more males working full time, by males in that society. So females get this idea that they are the only people playing a role in a babies development.

When in reality, males in many species including humans, were the providers while the child was being developed and born. Therefore we have just as much a right to have a say, without sperm you don't have a baby. Carrying the baby is hard, but pregnant woman can not care for themselves, they need others, so it's not a one person job.

I don't believe in unnatural stuff for the most part, but I do think it's against nature to kill your own child; regardless of development. It's selfish and counter intuitive for a mother to put her needs ahead of a childs. The only reason we are here is to reproduce and continue our species so it just doesn't make sense for me for someone to want to give up her child. Abortion is relatively new, and I think hardcore feminism and materialism has made it socially acceptable.

People now have "their" lives to worry about, they want "things", and time to go out and have fun and just take care of themselves. Having a child now a days is time consuming and expensive, it scares a lot of women into thinking their lives are over if they have a kid or they won't be able to afford it. Maybe if we rewarded people who have children, and took a little better care of them financially abortion wouldn't be as prevalent. And maybe if we didn't live in a materialistic society were materials and things are more important than life it would be lower too.

The main reason for abortion is selfishness, thinking a baby is the end of your life, and people generally only wanting to care for themselves.

When we were living in caves we didn't have t.vs, cars, and houses to distract us from what's important, and I doubt anyone up until recently used to kill their child because they thought they couldn't "care" for it.

There is no swaying the other side, peoples minds are different, I also don't think I have the right to tell people what to do, so to me if someone wants to get an abortion that's fine, just like if someone wants to murder someone that's fine, my respect and trust of that person though will go out the window after that, and I really wouldn't feel to comfortable around someone capable of ending a life.

7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My only request is that you define the terms 'against nature' and 'species best interest' then juxtapose that definition with the use of technology and the impact of technology on nature, and the natural development of our species throughout our history.
    expecting tl;dr :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Dakeli27

So... The mother should not get to decide whether or not to have her baby? Regardless of whether or not people are physically capable of caring for their baby, it will affect them for the next decade or two at least. It's one of the biggest choices in a woman's life, and it shouldn't be made by others. If I were a woman, I'd almost definitely not get an abortion, and if my partner were pregnant, I would probably argue against one, but everyone should have the basic freedom to decide their own life. As for selfishness, if the child were born, it would probably be impoverished (this is statistical, based on the demographic that gets abortions, not opinion) and unloved, and I would despise growing up knowing that my parents would have wished never to have me. And for your tangent about how pregnant women cannot care for themselves, that's another big point. Many people who get abortions do so because the father isn't present and won't care for the child.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree with you. Many pro-lifers might call the woman 'selfish', but do they really care about the child in this situation? If a woman doesn't want, or isn't ready for a child, the child ALSO suffers. Growing up in poverty, possibly being abused or even killed by their parents, not having the proper or fulfilled childhood, growing up in a stressful environment.

Adoption isn't always an option either. There are millions of kids waiting to be adopted; most people want to have biological children and wouldn't give an adopted child a chance (Plus It's rather expensive). Sure, you can save the fetus and give it up for adoption....but it doesn't make things better. Most kids age out, never know family love, and many are abused in foster care.

10. SkyDiver

Although I think abortion is morally reprehensible when it's only for convenience, I am pro-choice.

Anything that pisses off Republicans is something that I am far more likely to be in favor of.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-Choice, through and through. I can see no reason to restrict abortion.

12. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pro choice to anything. We have got to have choices in life. Ending your own life is one.

The people who say prolife...what happens when life isn't worth living. Your trapped in a helpless, useless body. Unable to move. Unable eat. Unable to talk, to breathe without a machine, to wipe your own ass. No thank you

RE Abortion, well circumstances are different. As long as it's done for the right reason, I see no reason why not. Better a baby never becomes a baby, than it becomes a baby born in poverty, deprivation, disease...harm

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *I'm not against abortion because I'm a man; this has nothing to do with sexism!*

*talks about how selfish women are and how men are allowed to control them and implies women should be grateful and don't deserve independent decision making*

14. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Women could take care of themselves in the past. They even contributed to history. Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat. Helped with anti-rasism movement. Women created women's suffrage. Women can take care of themselves now. Women never needed a man to protect them.

15. robotman

What Aussie said on page 1.

To be honest I have no idea why other people care so much. It is their decision if they want to keep their baby or not. No one else should be able to dictate nonsense about keeping or getting rid of the baby apart from the two people who conceived the child.

16. TurtleCat

I am pro-choice. I feel that the choice should always be left up to the woman and that her right to control what happens within her own body trumps any supposed rights the fetus has.

17. Shadowstar1922

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had to.

18. Dakeli27

Wait a minute. Reward people who have children? NAZI GERMANY!
    (Godwin's law!)

Also, his rather sexist statements about how women need men to get through pregnancy is quite ironic, because one of the main reasons women have abortions is because the father isn't present. This is in no way implying that women CAN'T take care of themselves during pregnancy, or raise a child, but if it's such a good point, he should support abortion for single mothers-to-be.

#158 Dakeli27, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  19. Ryujin

Of course an adult, sentient, independent, free-thinking, resident of the modern world cannot take care of themselves, as we obviously still have to go hunting every night to go get food!

20. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Thank you Shadowstar. :eusa_clap
    That was necessary.

I don't even dare write up a reply to WooEEE, it would be filled with too much rage, hate and probably break the rules.