1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about feminine gay guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sevmykfa, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

I think they're fine. I don't really care how masculine or feminine someone is though, I have no preference

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't mind ether way as long as I get on with them. I am a mixture of masculine and feminine so I can get along with anyone.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have no quarrel with them, or anyone really, who is expressing who they are.

I'm sure some people dislike my tendency to crack jokes, in the middle of a serious conversation, and would find me too much of a joker. Fine, so be it.

If we click, we click. If we don't, well, unless you're a total fucking ass clown, we'll be able to get along, and be friendly. Simple as that, really.

4. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

They're just being who they are. Plus, I find them quite cute especially if they're shy. The really loud and flamboyant fem gay guys are just plain intimidating :slight_smile: but damn, are they great conversationalists. ^^

5. robclem21

I'm for 'em. They can be a little over the top at times but generally they are pretty adorable.

6. Simple Thoughts

Geeze 0.o

Someone's a little upset.

I wasn't really trying to offend you, just giving my opinion. I find the phrases "totes" "Like seriously" and "OMG (spoken)" to be incredibly cringe worthy and can't be around people who talk in such a way for prolonged periods of time without wanting to rip my ears off and gouge out my eyeballs. It's too superficial.

7. CongoColorado

I don't really have anything against feminine LGBT folk. I kind of think feminine men are cool! ^^

8. tulipinacup

Though I'm not attracted to them physically, Most of the feminine gay guys I met are really outgoing and are funny which I admire. What's fascinating is that they resort to humour whenever society shits on them for just being who they are.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I like femme guys, but not shy guys.

10. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't worry im not offended but im just mad that some people call us fake which is not true
    i wonder why you have a problem with queens :slight_smile:

11. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most people assume that I am a "feminine gay boy", I don't care..as long as the "feminine gay guy" is kind

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem. Please permit me to contextualize a little bit. Masculine gay men have often posted threads here about how they don't like or "just don't get" femme gay men. As femme people, we never post threads about how we don't like masculine gay men. Rather, we post threads soliciting opinions about us. "What do you think of us?" is basically the gist of threads we post. We realize we are hated as feminine people, since we're exposed to that hatred on a near constant basis, and we tend look for validation where we can.

I have given up criticizing people who say "feminine gay guys are not worthy of my time," because 1) I don't need their validation, 2) people who make statements like this never react well to criticism anyway, and 3) in order to criticize someone, you have to assume they can be motivated to care.

And really, I'm being serious; I'm not trolling here. I am only interested in dating feminine guys because they are the only ones I can have confidence won't judge my character by the pitch of my voice, specific choices of words or phrase, or the clothes I wear.

Can you please help me to understand why your response is so critical here? You said that the valley girl personality type "comes off as really fake." I can easily imagine that this might offend feminine gay and bisexual men even if they don't have this "personality type" (it's really a collection of mannerisms, but whatever), since that is a stereotype about them. I'm having a difficult time comprehending why his reaction warrants that kind of a rebuke.

#52 Pret Allez, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  13. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do have to agree that while I love fem, over the top valley girl talk does get on my nerves a little bit. And it does come across as fake and superficial although every person who behaves this way is not fake. It just comes across that way. But I don't jude them. It's their business. And I know all fems aren't that way. I personally know and love dearly some fems who don't speak that way. But to each his own. But I do understand how people would view the valley girl type as fake... not that these people mean it that way. It's just how it seems.

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love them, they're my brothers. Nothing more to say.

15. ChameleonSoul

Live and let live I say. I really don't care how masculine or feminine someone is. We're all people!

16. MouseKeeper

I actually get excited when I see people who are openly different than the norm.

I was going to the store, and I saw two girls walk out. They smiled at each other and kissed. I had never seen a lesbian couple in person before because of all the homophobes in my area forcing anybody other than straight people to lay low. So, when I saw them kiss, I was happy for them. I was glad they weren't letting the idiots around them force them into being anything other than who they are. A person deserves happiness.

17. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Feminine guys are okay, I guess.
    The thing I dislike is flamboyancy.

18. ShyFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Superficially, based on what I know them as and that particular dimension of the person, I don't mind them. I'm not sure about dating one though. But then again, I can't say for sure based on just one piece of the puzzle. I can say that I don't like the "type of feminine gay guy" (or girls) that throw a bitchy, judgmental attitude around every chance they get.

Personally, this is a very hard and complicated question to answer. I consider myself someone who challenges gender roles, but am admittedly more masculine than feminine. However, based on my voice and slim appearance, I would be considered feminine (doesn't help that I like tight fitting shirts). However, I've also met gay guys that are much more muscular than me and way more feminine. The only personal dislike I would have in regards to feminine gay guys is if they referred to me as "girl" before really getting to know me (I allow gay friends who I'm close to to call me "girl" if it slips).

19. Simple Thoughts

Just a personality type that rubs me the wrong way I guess. Male or female or trans or anything else I can't stand anyone like that. It's not really about sexuality or gender, it's just that personality.

I imagine many people would feel the same about my personality.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Valley girl is not a personality. It's a collection of mannerisms. The same is true of flamboyant.