What do you think about feminine gay guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sevmykfa, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

^ This.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still a bit feminine myself. I like all types of guys. :slight_smile:

3. black-cat

I have nothing against feminine gay guys, or the more shy "type". Everyone is different, I think it's rather cute in a way. I imagine it is difficult with it bringing more attention than a more "masculine" guy. As long as you are a kind person - who cares about the way you portray yourself or the way other people see you? It has nothing to do with them.

4. 741852963

So you do care somewhat then? :icon_wink

Sorry, that one is my biggest pet peeve. :eusa_naug

5. confuseduser99

Define "feminine". To many, I'm pretty feminine for a guy. To others however, I'm not. I personally don't care. It's up to you. In fact, a lot of it is probably genetic. I know many of my "feminine" mannerisms, actions, etc. aren't voluntary. I just am "more feminine" than the average guy.

6. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with feminine gay guys.

What is annoying is when ignorant straight people think that all gay people are extremely feminine and flamboyant (as if diversity wasn't allowed).

7. confuseduser99

RIGHT? So annoying!

8. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are we talking about feminine gay guys who talk like divas while being fem? Or feminine gay guys who are a bit more masc/not flamboyant who shave, wear short shorts, and feminine clothing?

The only annoying thing are divas. Both male and female. I don't discriminate.

9. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think feminine gay guys are cute :slight_smile: But some of the flamboyant ones can be annoying.

10. One Man Army

I don't care. I'm not generally attracted to overtly feminine gay guys but I have nothing against them. Why should we negatively judge people within our own community?

Begone, Grammar Nazi! Language is illogical in many ways, my friend.

11. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love 'em.

12. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just want to ask who would fake such a thing if he isnt a loser already trying to be someone else but judging that most if not some people say all stereotypical gay guys who are so flamboyant are fake is not true
    i just hate when people say we are fake im not fake i have been like this since i was a kid and anyway i didn't know there was a label for me until i went to middle school so after that i tried to change then i stopped all this stupid plan of changing to be someone people would like so i just act how comfortable i want to act
    i cant tell a masc guy to act femme and i cant tell a femme guy to act masc and i cant tell any of them that they are fake because some people fake their personality to look cool :dry:

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I view them as the only gay or bisexual guys worth dating.

14. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No kidding.
    edit :To joshy - I find what you're saying very interesting because I always admired people around me that seemed very authentic, whatever the particulars of their behavior. Because I was moderating and checking my own behavior I always felt like I was trying to deceive people... They aren't being fake they're being themselves, though some are probably punching it up a little.

#34 Kai LD, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  15. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well my boyfriend is bi and he isn't super masculine or super feminine but somewhere in between. He has some qualities that would be considered fem. Like he will be all flirty and bat his eyes at me or put his hand on his hip and stand a way a female might and he is shy and super sensative and cares about feelings and emotions and pays close attention to details... that sort of thing. But he is also a big computer nerd... lol. I love his balance...how he walks the fence between masculine and feminine. That being said, nothing is wrong with being fem. One of my best friends is a fem gay guy. I did meet one fem gay that annoyed me, but that was because he had a crappy attitude and had nothing to do with him being fem. Just be you!

16. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like me when I actually relax enough to be myself the few times I've managed it... It's nice to hear that others have that kind of thing inside too. :slight_smile:

17. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't matter who you are. Feminine, masculine, formal. Be yourself. Personally I'm not attracted to them, but those are my personal tastes.

18. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not personally specifically attracted to them, but I am not repulsed by them either. To me, they are simply another part of the GLU (Great League of the Unwashed, as Henry Manny used to refer to the masses) for which my feelings are neutral.

People sometimes assume that men who are very masculine in appearance are implied to be very masculine in behavior, but this is not always true, and it is also the case that some men who are very feminine in voice and appearance also act very masculine in behavior. Neither of these stereotypes are necessarily true; people are all different mixtures of these attributes, and individuals. And not all effeminate guys are gay, which is another incorrect stereotype.

#38 Yossarian, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  19. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love masculine guys and feminine girls. I have nothing against femme guys or butch girls...just not my type.

I'm politically conservative, but I don't care how people live their life socially. Be happy, that's the only thing I'd say.

I'm pretty masculine, but not super macho.

I'm a loud farter and proud. I love sports, I have too much pride, I'm aggressive, love to compete with people.

I dress like a frat guy (well...I am one so that makes sense...duh...), but I'm not afraid to wear light colors anymore. I'll wear yellow, light red, sky blue, dark blue, black, white, whatever...as long as it looks clean and well cut and gentleman-like.

However, I am big on emotions...I'll listen to my friends or family who need a shoulder to cry on. I'm not particularly strong and I try to be open minded.

20. 741852963

Yet I am sure you would be critical of someone who said something as obnoxious "feminine gay guys are not worthy of my time".

Seems a little hypocritical.