1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do closeted guys do when they like you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dblockdavis, Apr 8, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Has anyone ever had a closeted guy crush on them? Someone terrified of what will happen if they are outed? What are some of the things they do? do they make fun of you? Or say they are joking?

2. Sorceress of Az

I am in the closet and if I did crush on a guy I would just act akward around them and shy.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They might be extra nice when nobody's around but make jokes/tease or even make comments that aren't so nice when others are around, to hide evidence that they like you.

4. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Exactly this! I had someone do this! He would be nice and bubbly and friendly but when other people were around he would act homophobic and annoyed with me. I once asked him where i should go to eat lunch at (I knew him from school) and this girl was around and he said "why do i care where you go to lunch!?!?" all offended. But he would text me with stuff like "I do get to see you later?" lol. What do you think?

5. awesomeness

I feel really confident about it when I know the guy is gay. But when I'm not 100% sure, then it gets awkward, because I don't know how to react to their flirting.

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They do some kind of love dance around you, whilst twirling rainbows.

No, seriously though, they probably act like any shy person would around someone they like but probably more wary if who's looking.

Happy days :slight_smile:

7. LostAndAffraid

I know I used to flirt when no-one was around but my crush (who was out), but I'd act super awkward if anyone else was around.

8. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do they act super homophobic? This guy i was talking about would always try to find something homophobic in a situation.

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a girl, but I usually just avoid my crushes and occasionally look at them from the distance.

10. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in the closet and I liked this guy, I was always hanging out with him, I was always interested in what he had to say and stuff.
    But I do remember I was saying I was straight at the time, and I would kinda keep mentioning my straightness in kind of a "no homo" kinda way ya know? But I know a lot of guys who would act super homophobically when they were in the closet cos they didn't want anyone to suspect them.

11. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is a guy that would act homphobic and said he didnt care about what i had to say, yet when we were alone he would say stuff like "were you trying to get me alone?" and he would touch me like rub the hair on my arm with his index finger, and pick tape or something off of my shirt. what do you think?

12. Relzyrelz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lemme just tell you what I do. Haha. I often tell tons of jokes to make him smile :lol: it's not actually really obvious because I'm a very talkative person naturally. I just know it myself that I'm not my normal self. Haha :bang:

13. Silas

When I crush on a guy I act so weird around them! Like I get nervous and awkward (more than usual :lol:slight_smile: and can't make eye contact and start rambling about nonsense and usually say something dumb that I'll regret and dwell on later when the scene replays in my head.

14. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is a cute guy that works at a grocery store i go to. I cant really describe him but he looks kind of gay i guess? A few days ago he went right to the self check out next to me. Right next to the one i was at when all the other ones were open. I also saw him smiling at me. (i dont think he knew that i saw him). And yesterday, he turned, and then walked down the same isle as me. I think i should try to talk to him. any tips?

15. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So i am clueless alot of the time.

16. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    turns out that i am ugly and delusional

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one guy at college would wink at me in class. He's married with kids now, so not sure if he was flirting or being goofy or what. It happened more than once when we sat by each other in class.

18. confuseduser99

bingo!

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I personally believe that most homophobic people are only so angry about these things because they don't like to admit they have actual or self perceived homosexual feelings. Some of the more Early research in the field of sexology, such as work by Alfred Kinsey found that most people have some degree of bisexuality, with 0s and 6s (completely straight or gay) on the Kinsey scale as being quite rare.

I realize I kind of went off on a tangent there, but basically I'm saying that there is a decent chance he has some degree of bisexuality. But if he is homophobic, it's probably not worth pursuing a relationship with him. Never go in to a relationship thinking that you can either fix a guy, or he will mature. It's possible that either of those things will happen, but more likely it will either be a huge waste of time, or a marriage destined for divorce.

20. tulipinacup

I'm usually naive when it comes to these things because I always assume that guys who "hit" on me are either making fun of me or just trying to fool around.