1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*UK & Ireland Can gays be cured -C4 documentary at 10pm tonight (18/3/14)*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Beware Of You, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

This might be interesting. Embarrassing Bodies presenter Christian Jenssen will test and subject himself to so called cures. I hope C4 present a tasteful and helpful rather than trash TV approach to this programme.

I actually didn't realise he was gay. Interestingly, he was only on the Brendan O'Connor Saturday night show a few weeks back. I'm surprised there was no plug about this upcoming show or even his sexuality (which would normally be a typical "Come here, like" question from Brendan. But maybe that's a good thing as sexuality should be a non story or issue these days!

2. Yosia

I will watch this~ ^.^

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They'll not cure him!

4. King

I was about to post this.

I also didn't realise that Dr Christian is gay either.

I suspect it will show in the end that gay cures are rubbish, I can't imagine Channel 4 or the respected Dr Christian would mislead viewers.

5. Beware Of You

Yeah he has a Brazilian boyfriend.

Its kinda nice to see a gay person in a highly skilled profession.

Kinda makes me want to finish my PhD so I will be gay and a Dr

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2014 at 06:59 PM ----------

From what I have heard about the press coverage he ended up crying when he heard some of the hate LGBT people get in the US

6. Lcfcfox

I will be watching this then! Thanks.

7. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am currently watching this, literally don't know what to think. Absolute madness.

8. King

That man who thinks that colouring in a picture of a brain with wax crayons is a way of curing homosexuality is a fool. $250 to colour in a brain and then be told that brown is telling grey to be gay.

9. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I enjoyed finding out the thyroid gland was in the brain.

10. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pretty decent programme and was worth watching even if just to show the disbelievers how absolutely deluded they look.

I'm sure those who defend the strategies will say "Well they didn't work on him because he didn't complete the full course" because some were described to take several days or years. The fact is though we all know they're complete dog turd. The colouring in the brain was just child's play, how on earth is that guy making $250 per hour for that? Daylight robbery at it's definition.

11. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is no cure to being gay, because there is nothing to cure. If there was such a thing as an actual gay cure, then there would also be a cure to heterosexuality. Maybe later on there will be a KKK scientist who will say that they found a cure to having a different skin color other than Caucasian. The whole argument these bigots have just like all of their other arguments is nothing more than a bad joke created by deeply disturbed people. The outcome will always be dangerous and ineffective.

12. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There aint anything to cure, people. I cant 'cure' my eye color. I can cover it up with hideous scratchy eye contacts, but underneath it all, they are still brown:3

13. Beware Of You

I did some research on that "Dr" who did that insane colouring the brain picture nonsense (while ironically colour bind) and one thing that amused me, he isn't a real PhD, his degree is from a diploma mill fake Christian college.

As an actual PhD student people like that really get me annoyed

14. Ravi-VIXX777

I read he only had a minor in psychology. I'm shocked at how he could get a job like that. Sadly I missed the show, but I hope it will change hearts and minds.

15. Hefiel

Psychotherapy is a field that is very easy to get into, and where all the quackery happens for the most part. The name implies knowledge in psychology and treatment, but in reality you need very little of it compared to a psychologist and you don't even need to go to school for it (at least to my knowledge in the US). Psychotherapists are not regulated either, unlike psychologists with the American Psychological Association.

It's just one big charade where you've got a handful of not-so-christian-folks wearing those white uniforms and trying to pass themselves as doctors because they've got a PhD in biblical literacy.

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Told my boyfriend about this. Of course, him living in NI, he already knew about it and already finds it appalling.

17. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    10 minutes in and I'm already hating my own country.

Ironically, there's an advert with an attractive shirtless man with a male voiceover going "Mmmm, yeah" during the show's ad break. Hehe. Gay win.

#17 danball7, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  18. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just read this. Yeah, he thinks we have it bad? It's much worse over where he is (Yes, thank you NI for instilling a great deal of self-doubt and depression on my boyfriend) and in at least 3 other places I can think of.

19. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of the so called cures were laughable and the former NHS cure was just plain cruel. Even I'd have said I'm not gay to get the hell out of that. Shameful that taxpayers money was used to fund this 'treatment' right into the 1980's.

I liked the University test, demonstrating that Dr Christian is indeed 100% gay and that he showed more stimulation to images of fluffy white clouds than the opposite sex. How surprising that none of the 'ex-gays' would participate.

All in all, the program demonstrated that these charlatans have unsound knowledge that can be extremely dangerous. If you are struggling with your sexual orientation, seek support, but keep well away from these idiots wo will do more harm than good. They are more likely to kill you than cure you.