1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Judge Napolitano of Fox news says AZ law is "Profoundly Unconstitutional"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DMark69, Feb 25, 2014.

1. DMark69

2. Jonathan

The judge was very rational and unbiased in his approach to the issue and cited specific cases for support. Once, he even mentions that he specifically would prefer if the opposite was true, but that by the public law, it is unconstitutional.

On a side note, I should know better than to read the comments. :eusa_doh:

3. Simple Thoughts

I like this Judge Napolitano guy, he sounds like he has a brain.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

"Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst" Judge Andrew Napolitano has always been somewhat of an iconoclast as far as Fox News goes. He tends to come from the Ron Paul, right-libertarian worldview rather than the mainstream authoritarian warmonger Republican worldview, thus I've often found myself agreeing with people like him and Paul on issues like war, peace, foreign policy, spying, etc.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to hear him come down on our side in this case, since there are definitely some in that right-libertarian quadrant who believe that businesses SHOULD and DO have the right to refuse service to any customer for any reason, some of whom thus believe the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was unconstitutional and violated private property rights, saying it should have been left to the free market to put segregated businesses out of business.

So my opinion of the Judge has improved. Unlike many right-libertarians, he appears to understand the fact that there is more to liberty than private property rights.

5. EatYourRikkios

... This was on Fox news? Holy woah.

This guy sounds rational, actually. He's fair and concise, and isn't pulling at emotions rather than rationality. I'm pleasantly shocked.

*patpatpat* We've all made that mistake, it's okay.

6. GayDadStr8Marig

Yeah, you'd be surprised how often the views of the people that FNC put on-air outside of prime time are really grounded in reality. Unlike the other cable news channels, they do put forth the effort to get both sides of the debate on-air at the same time... unfortunately like the other cable news channels the guests often turn it into a screaming match to see who can filibuster the longest or talk over the other guest the most. Some of the hosts are better than others at shutting down the bad actors (Megyn Kelly and Shep Smith are excellent at shutting them down and/or giving them enough rope to make themselves look like fools.)

The Judge has been a regular on-air contributor for years and used to have his own prime-time show where he explored his right-libertarian world view (that may have been on Fox Business though, memory fails me). Lately FBN I believe has a newer show The Independents that takes both the left- and right-wing to task on the issues of the day.

I'd also highly recommend the Judge's books; I've read at least 4 of them and he is consistent.

7. Emberstone

this time, maybe. he tends to be really offensive, and says stupid things all the time.